Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

I’ll be armed with an array of hangover prevention and remedies this time around. Getting older, I have a tougher time bouncing back after a day and evening of drinking. I found a new product called +Bytox the Hangover Patch, which is much more expensive than my usual Rebound patches. I haven’t tried them out yet, so this cruise will be my very initial “experimentation” with them… I’m considering purchasing Virgin Voyages “Bar Tab”, where you buy $300 in Sailor Loot, and they give you $50 extra. Not really a beverage package by any stretch, but fifty bucks is fifty bucks. Last time I had $650 going into a 4 night sailing, and struggled to use it all. I even bought a $150 T-shirt on board, that’s still sitting in the box, just to blow through the leftover money. 

[*Edited to add: About a week prior to sailing, I went online and purchased the Bar Tab for the first leg of the back to back. I clicked on the offer, and went through the payment process. When I got to the end, it showed a $100 bonus instead of the $50, which is what I was expecting. I went ahead and took a couple of screenshots in case they tried to rescind half of my bonus]

PXL_20220521_163936711.thumb.jpg.4cb27cbb99788a3f48314ba303dfe511.jpg

PXL_20220521_164035875.thumb.jpg.8761a8d2e3f55d9ab3db36461738b665.jpg

PXL_20220521_164103646.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I’ll be armed with an array of hangover prevention and remedies this time around. Getting older, I have a tougher time bouncing back after a day and evening of drinking. I found a new product called +Bytox the Hangover Patch, which is much more expensive than my usual Rebound patches. I haven’t tried them out yet, so this cruise will be my very initial “experimentation” with them… I’m considering purchasing Virgin Voyages “Bar Tab”, where you buy $300 in Sailor Loot, and they give you $50 extra. Not really a beverage package by any stretch, but fifty bucks is fifty bucks. Last time I had $650 going into a 4 night sailing, and struggled to use it all. I even bought a $150 T-shirt on board, that’s still sitting in the box, just to blow through the leftover money. 

[*Edited to add: About a week prior to sailing, I went online and purchased the Bar Tab for the first leg of the back to back. I clicked on the offer, and went through the payment process. When I got to the end, it showed a $100 bonus instead of the $50, which is what I was expecting. I went ahead and took a couple of screenshots in case they tried to rescind half of my bonus]

PXL_20220521_163936711.thumb.jpg.4cb27cbb99788a3f48314ba303dfe511.jpg

PXL_20220521_164035875.thumb.jpg.8761a8d2e3f55d9ab3db36461738b665.jpg

PXL_20220521_164103646.jpg

According to a TA announcement last week, they have now closed the bar tab "loophole" that allowed you to spend it on things other than drinks. Just make sure you use it all up! Will it carry over to your second leg if you don't?

• Like 3

Get B Complex vitamins! It will make you not get a hangover. They taste and smell terrible though.

I like the Black shoes, but I appear to be the dissenter lol. I just think Black matches everything better. But it looks like you have a lot of red in your clothes so the other shoes would match just fine too.

• Like 2

I passed out last night about ten, and I still don't know who won Survivor. I still had a good bit of packing to do, so it's been a frantic rush to finish. I completely neglected my patented packing list, and I've just been winging it. Hopefully everything I need is in my bag...

PXL_20220526_110432251.jpg

• Like 5

Good morning Sid and happy travels! The extra sailor loot should actually be more because you are a sea blazer. You get $125 on top of each $300 purchased forever - have them fix it on board.  

I very emphatically recommend trying an almond croissant at Atelier Monnier Brickell while in Miami.  Their other pastries are lovely too, but the memory of that one has me drooling even now.  

• Like 1

Through security and at my gate. I just typed a long post and attempted to upload a picture and neither one went through. Hopefully this isn't an issue that continues, or this could be over before it starts.

Screenshot_20220526-101035.thumb.png.18716628f7f699cb923af5f1da6e649b.png

PXL_20220526_140619902.jpg

• Like 6

I wanted to try and participate in more activities this time around, so I ordered myself a new bright red shirt for Scarlet Night… Now, I just hope that I can stay awake late enough to get some use out of it. After a long day filled with sun and adult beverages, I often begin to fade pretty early on. On my first sailing, it seemed like half the stuff going on was happening after I had already passed out. The only time I even checked out The Manor, it wasn’t even opened yet, and I also want to at least try out some of the on board entertainment, but we’ll see...

***Edited to add that the red shirt I bought on Amazon didn't fit well at all, so I just brought the brightest red t shirt in my collection. I'll donate the two red shirts from Amazon to the clothing bin for the less fortunate.

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 8

42 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Through security and at my gate. I just typed a long post and attempted to upload a picture and neither one went through. Hopefully this isn't an issue that continues, or this could be over before it starts.

Screenshot_20220526-101035.thumb.png.18716628f7f699cb923af5f1da6e649b.png

This was a continuous issue on my last "live" in April - I learned the hard way to type everything in notes first, then copy/past into CC. Also, refresh CC before posting...

• Like 3

Something tells me we're going to be even more delayed. A lady was raising heck with one of the employees claiming that she was in first class. They sent her all the way back up the ramp to the gate agent. This flight is completely full, so whatever seat is left will be what she gets. Fortunately, I easily found a spot for my carry on bag.

• Like 6

Everyone is on board except for first class lady. There's still an empty seat next to me, and I hope they don't put her there. Let's just say that she would "spill" over into my space...

• Like 5
  • Haha 9