Move up question

PatricF

No- you can google Celebrity Move Up or Move Up Tracker. You will be asked to enter your surname and reservation number. If bids are open for your cruise, you will be taken there. If not, it will ask you if it is within 21 days of sailing. Understand that simply to mean- Not Yet. Most seem to be opening at about 70 days out. The bids will all say 0-XXX. But when you move the slider it will show you the actual opening bid.

• Like 1

I logged in to the website, went to my upcoming cruise, and then to manage reservation.  I found it by scrolling down, it was after things like dining packages, drink packages, etc.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PatricF said:

Great advice.  Thanks!  I went to the web site and it read the cruise had to be within the next 21 days so I'll check back.  We depart on July 22nd.

Don’t believe the 21 days. Are you on the Van- Seward Alaska cruise? If so- it opened for me a week ago. But no suites if you are looking for them. We are OV and bidding up from there. 

• Like 1

We got an upgrade invite today for our Summit August 7 cruise (75 days out).    Maybe it is released early as the cruise is showing sold out and they are building a wait list for any cancellations.

So much for the 21 days.

1 hour ago, bocacruiser101 said:

We leave on Friday and my 2 move-up offers are still pending, is this a good sign or bad ? 

They send rejection notices at 48 hours of earliest boarding time.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Don’t believe the 21 days. Are you on the Van- Seward Alaska cruise? If so- it opened for me a week ago. But no suites if you are looking for them. We are OV and bidding up from there. 

Yes we are on the Van-Seward cruise.  I just checked again and it still says 21 days. Booked thru Costco. Would that make a difference?

7 minutes ago, PatricF said:

Yes we are on the Van-Seward cruise.  I just checked again and it still says 21 days. Booked thru Costco. Would that make a difference?

Yes.  Costco does not participate so you will not be able to bid.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PatricF said:

You'll still have a great time! I did not realize that Costco didn't participate and didn't imagine that it would come up with the same 21 day message. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.  Costco does not participate so you will not be able to bid.

Thank your for this info!  I did not know and we are also booked through Costco.  We were not going to bid this go round since we have a sunset veranda and are traveling with our teens who are in an inside cabin....but good to know for future cruises when it is just my husband and me.

Just to make sure I searched Costco Travel FAQ site -

Does Costco Travel participate in any cruise line bid-to-upgrade programs?

No. Costco Travel does not participate in any bid-to-upgrade programs, such as: RoyalUp with Royal Caribbean® or MoveUp with Celebrity Cruises.

https://costco-travel-us-mbr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4142/~/does-costco-travel-participate-in-any-cruise-line-bid-to-upgrade-programs%3F

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, Jim_Iain said:

They send rejection notices at 48 hours of earliest boarding time.

I will have to remember to look in my Junk folder, which was where I found my invitation.🤔

17 hours ago, chrismch said:

Do you know the cabin number you are bidding on? Or is it only by cabin category and hope you like the location?

It is any cabin in that class.   e.g. if you bid on an SS you could get either a SS1 or SS2 or like us once a disability cabin.     I always expect the worst cabin in the classification and if I get a better cabin it's a bonus.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:21 PM, 5waldos said:

No- you can google Celebrity Move Up or Move Up Tracker. You will be asked to enter your surname and reservation number. If bids are open for your cruise, you will be taken there. If not, it will ask you if it is within 21 days of sailing. Understand that simply to mean- Not Yet. Most seem to be opening at about 70 days out. The bids will all say 0-XXX. But when you move the slider it will show you the actual opening bid.

FYI, some travel agents don't participate.

• Like 1