Favorite ship?

Elsammo46

The Bliss, but I really enjoyed the Breakaway a few years ago. The Bliss hands down though, so pretty and nicely appointed and awesome viewing areas. I was in the Haven though sooo.... but I did enjoy the rest of the ship as well.

Glad to hear the Escape is liked, I am on her in September for a birthday cruise to Greece and Italy. Seems like she's due for a drydock though....

4 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

What is your favorite ship in NCL’s fleet and why? I’ve always been partial to the Escape

The Dawn. Not too big and not too small. Was the first NCL ship we cruised on,  and sailed on her 7 times. Wish NCL would bring her back to Beantown.

• Like 2

Out of the 9 different NCL ships on which I’ve cruised, the Bliss is by far my favourite in terms of the actual ship.  For the people (officers, management and crew) the Jewel wins big time.

DH and I prefer the jewel class.  We are in our 60's and don't care about ropes courses, race tracks etc...when we cruise we like to relax.  If we were cruising with our grandkids then I would book a larger ship with more kid activities.......

Escape. Pros: District Brew House, good amount of common lounge areas, Waterfront dining, Food Republic and Pincho tapas.

I haven't said the Bliss, but it would likely be my second favorite. It doesn't have Pincho, but does have an observation lounge.

It's hard for me to go back to an older ship after all the bar and lounge options and big waterfront dining on the newer ships. But I understand why some like the smaller older ships. To each their own.

I have been on the Jade and Encore. Jade was smaller and we did enjoy it. But the Encore just had a lot to do for those sea days! We like adventure. But honestly, if it has the District Brew house, I am in. I dont like "lite" beers, and in the other bars they had Sam adams in a bottle, so I would go to the District and get me an awesome local beer on tap or one of the many bottles and cans. I was happy! And the deck off that area was awesome to view from! We were in Alaska on the Encore, I got to sample 5 Alaskan Brewing beers (cant get those in Florida), I loved it! I also like how they supply up at a local port with some local beers, its great to support those breweries.

I am not sure if I can go with a ship that doesnt have the District Brew house, or id hope they would have better beers on tap/bottle if not.. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Majesty.  That was sailing!  

Had two specialty restaurants, LaCucina and Le Bistro.  La Cucina was overflow for the buffet and the menu had the presidential section and Cooking Light.

Those were the days

On 5/26/2022 at 10:06 AM, Katarae said:

But honestly, if it has the District Brew house, I am in. I dont like "lite" beers, and in the other bars they had Sam adams in a bottle, so I would go to the District and get me an awesome local beer on tap or one of the many bottles and cans. I was happy!

District Brew house on the Encore had Guinness on tap three weeks ago.  Nuff' said. 😎

Any ship with a nice observation lounge and outdoor dining space.  Jewel class or the newest three breakaway plus class.  I think the Sun class fits that as well, although I haven't sailed on either of those ships (yet - I have both booked in the future).  I do not like the Epic (and it has nothing to do with the bathrooms 🤣).  POA is what it is.  Gets the job done but wouldn't really be good for other itineraries.

The service on The Sun was the best. A small ship where we really got to know the crew. But The Escape had tons of entertainment and dining options. Howl at the Moon was our absolute favorite! I would sail either ship again in a heartbeat. That being said, nothing beats The Great Outdoors on the Jewel class ships with great shows every night and game shows at The Spinnaker. I just  love being at sea ❤