Balconey furniture

auie2

We have seen pictures of the cabins balconey and there are 2 chairs and a short table. we love to eat breakfast on our balconey. do you think the Room stewart could get a regular size table of out there.

David 

Depends on your cabin and how big the balcony is. If it's a regular balcony room with a 35 sqft balcony.... you're really limited in the size of the table that can go there and still have enough room to walk around it to the other side.

Better off eating in the room and having your coffee/tea out there instead. 

7 hours ago, auie2 said:

We have seen pictures of the cabins balconey and there are 2 chairs and a short table. we love to eat breakfast on our balconey. do you think the Room stewart could get a regular size table of out there.

David 

Step outside the question and consider the bigger picture. Where would this table come from? There are hundreds (if not thousands) of balcony cabins on the ship...where would they store all of those regular size tables? They would have to have gigantic "spare furniture storage rooms" onboard to cover all these requests.

• Like 4

Noticed the Haven balcony furniture is different than the regular furniture.  Also noticed, from pics/videos, that some of the Haven rooms on Joy that are NOT in the complex still have the regular balcony furniture.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  

13 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Step outside the question and consider the bigger picture. Where would this table come from? There are hundreds (if not thousands) of balcony cabins on the ship...where would they store all of those regular size tables? They would have to have gigantic "spare furniture storage rooms" onboard to cover all these requests.

As I recently experienced, they carry spare toilets onboard!

9 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Noticed the Haven balcony furniture is different than the regular furniture.  Also noticed, from pics/videos, that some of the Haven rooms on Joy that are NOT in the complex still have the regular balcony furniture.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  

Seems like suites and above have wicker, and mini-suites and below have plastic.

Princess has a "Dining Under the Stars" promotion where you will be served a full romantic dinner by a butler on your Balcony. They bring a small folding table and there is just enough room to serve 2 and get around the table. It is tight. We did it for our wedding anniversary on the Caribbean Princess sailing out of Boston. Whether NCL would do it is anyone's guess.

I do not think that they offer balcony dining on NCL - if they do, I was not in the market last I cruised before COVID 😅 Have you seen the balcony dining offered on Princess’ Suites? Oh my gosh, what lucky folks!!

Don't most of the new NCL ships have outside dining available at many of the specialty restaurants?  Why the heck would I want to cram onto a small balcony to eat cold food when I could be waited on in fine fashion at a real dinner table with tablecloth, silverware, etc?  My personal opinion is that some folks try to make more out of the balcony experience than what is reality.  It's a small outside area with tolerable furniture.  It's not a romantic getaway.  🤣

(disclaimer: I've only sailed in balcony rooms my last two cruises)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't most of the new NCL ships have outside dining available at many of the specialty restaurants?  Why the heck would I want to cram onto a small balcony to eat cold food when I could be waited on in fine fashion at a real dinner table with tablecloth, silverware, etc?  My personal opinion is that some folks try to make more out of the balcony experience than what is reality.  It's a small outside area with tolerable furniture.  It's not a romantic getaway.  🤣

I've ever only sailed on a balcony. The only thing balconies are good for is enjoying the ocean breeze. We didn't have great weather to enjoy the Waterfront on our cruise, but that's definitely where we would have been when eating at Cagney's! 

Now if I book an owner's suite or garden villa I might change my mind, but for now it's a bit lesser of a balcony for my husband and I. 

19 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

The only thing balconies are good for is enjoying the ocean breeze.

Yep.  Especially while waiting for significant other to be ready to leave the room.  I much prefer a nice observation lounge or other venue with ocean views.

25 minutes ago, CruiseCriticBoard said:

Some people find other uses for Balconies...but we won't mention that here.

The ships crew probably find those very entertaining, as all the balconies appear on some camera outside the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

We love our balcony, perfect for some drinks, candles, flowers, and dinner, especially if the room service attendant chooses to stay on it with us to serve. Maybe invite some new friends to join you!

444326B0-A3E2-4021-8A12-D432B298EAD6.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Really?!  On that balcony?

Along with the room service attendant that randomly just decides to stay and work as a waiter because no one else on the boat is ordering room service.

Totally logical.  Have a Bar Mitzvah out there!  That's what balconies are for.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

Along with the room service attendant that randomly just decides to stay and work as a waiter because no one else on the boat is ordering room service.

Totally logical.  Have a Bar Mitzvah out there!  That's what balconies are for.

It is clear that @mjkacmomis just screwing with us. 🤣Good one! 😎

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 7:55 AM, Mike A said:

Princess has a "Dining Under the Stars" promotion where you will be served a full romantic dinner by a butler on your Balcony. They bring a small folding table and there is just enough room to serve 2 and get around the table. It is tight. We did it for our wedding anniversary on the Caribbean Princess sailing out of Boston. Whether NCL would do it is anyone's guess.

There's an extra cost involved and I understand that Princess limits this to only four cabins on any night.  BTW, we did this on the Princess and my wife's only comment was that she had never felt so pampered in her life.