Currently on the Edge - Royal Suite (first timer)! Any questions?

sillypuppy

Well our trip is almost coming to an end 😞. We received a Royal Suite in a move up upgrade and the experience has been amazing!!  Plus there are only 922 guests on board so it is almost like a private cruise lol. 

Does anyone have questions that I might be able to answer?

• Like 1

How have you found the room itself?

We are regular RS cruisers on S class but were a bit put off by the pictures of the RS on Edge, particularly the balcony.

Have you had any difficulties booking the speciality restaurants? Did you enjoy them?

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

How have you found the room itself?

We are regular RS cruisers on S class but were a bit put off by the pictures of the RS on Edge, particularly the balcony.

Have you had any difficulties booking the speciality restaurants? Did you enjoy them?

The room is amazing!  The balcony is really small. Just enough room for two chairs and table in the middle. The two chairs face each other. 

We have no issues with booking the specialty restaurants. Our retreat host Ben has done all the bookings for us. He has been wonderful!  Plus only 922 guests onboard I am sure helps getting into whatever restaurant we want 🙂. We have been to the Fine Cut Steakhouse twice!  Le Petit Chef was fun!  

Wow only 922 passengers…was the retreat sold out?

Did you do any Celebrity excursions? 

we are booked in a sky suite  on the Edge in September for a Greek cruise and are still nervous about PIF due to the anxiety of having to isolate for up to 21 days.

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Wow only 922 passengers…was the retreat sold out?

Did you do any Celebrity excursions? 

we are booked in a sky suite  on the Edge in September for a Greek cruise and are still nervous about PIF due to the anxiety of having to isolate for up to 21 days.

Sorry I have no idea if The Retreat was sold out or not. When we dined in Luminae, there were plenty of open tables and also lots of chairs at the Retreat Sundeck. 

We did two Celebrity cruises out of the four we booked (two were cancelled I think due to lack of bookings). No issues with either of the two we did. 

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We really loved the S class Royal suites- but honestly, don't use the bathtub on the balcony.  So most important to us is the bigger room and two bathrooms.

I agree 100% with you. Two bathrooms and the extra room space has been amazing!!

2 hours ago, fsr44 said:

Hi!  We'll be on this cruise in a couple of weeks.  Any word about how much covid on board?  Was the Retreat full?  Thank you and enjoy the rest of your trip!

As far as I have heard in one announcements earlier in the week, there was one Covid case onboard and it was a staff member. I haven’t heard anything since, but maybe I have missed it. I will ask and see if I can find out. 

Not sure if the Retreat is full, but based on the amount of open tables at Luminae and available chairs around the sundeck, I am going to guess not. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sillypuppy said:

The room is amazing!  The balcony is really small. Just enough room for two chairs and table in the middle. The two chairs face each other. 

We have no issues with booking the specialty restaurants. Our retreat host Ben has done all the bookings for us. He has been wonderful!  Plus only 922 guests onboard I am sure helps getting into whatever restaurant we want 🙂. We have been to the Fine Cut Steakhouse twice!  Le Petit Chef was fun!  

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, sillypuppy said:

Sorry I have no idea if The Retreat was sold out or not. When we dined in Luminae, there were plenty of open tables and also lots of chairs at the Retreat Sundeck. 

We did two Celebrity cruises out of the four we booked (two were cancelled I think due to lack of bookings). No issues with either of the two we did. 

Thanks for the update..

Glad to hear that Luminae was not packed and that the sun deck had space…both were pretty crowded when we were on the Edge in March.

Which excursions did you do and how far in advance did they cancel on you? Trying to figure out what to do …private or Celebrity?

Did you have to test to fly home? If so how did you do it?

Thanks again for your first hand info

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, lakelodge said:

What nights were formal? Want to make a reservation for salon for my 15 year old! We are on the June 18 sailing, day 2 is Corsica and I think that’s one of them, I’d the other a the sea day?

Celebrity does not do formal nights, though one can certainly do so if desired.

We will be in a RS on the Edge next March ( Caribbean) first time moving up from a CS and very excited . I spend a lot of time ( usually) on the balcony so I am disappointed in the RS size. I hear the retreat sundeck has very little shade, would a lounge fit on the balcony if the chairs and table are removed? Would they do that for me? Thanks

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We will be in a RS on the Edge next March ( Caribbean) first time moving up from a CS and very excited . I spend a lot of time ( usually) on the balcony so I am disappointed in the RS size. I hear the retreat sundeck has very little shade, would a lounge fit on the balcony if the chairs and table are removed? Would they do that for me? Thanks

I would think that request would be honored.  You are in a royal suite, so requests like that should be accommodated.  Sorry that you were not aware of the balcony and size, but definitely do what you need to do to make it work for you!

7 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

Are the specialty restaurants free for RS? I get conflicting info from reps (no surprise there)

Yes, they are free for RS guests. Specialty dinners like the Chef's table, Taji dinner, are not included.