7 night dinning not unlimited like Royal

frenchmeg

Hello,

Will be on the Edge this summer, bought a 4 night dinning package, I saw there was a 7 night, when I cruised on Royal it was called unlimited, and we could use it for lunch also, guess Celebrity is not the same.. and for the Raw bar, does the package give u a credit or its only a la carte.. Cant wait!! 

thks! 

Lucie

Although owned by the same parent holding company, Celebrity and Royal are two separate and different companies that operate independent of each other.  While they share certain similar operational policies, they target two completely different markets (Celebrity - Adults; RCCL - Families) with different on board atmosphere's and styles. Apples to oranges.  Typically they are more different than alike in this manner and finding differences between them on board such as you reference is not uncommon.  

One rather unique commonality they do share is they have reciprocal loyalty program benefits in that certain tiers will provide those benefits to each programs members when cruising on each other.  Ex.: RCCL Diamond, D+, and Pinnacle all share Elite benefits while sailing on Celebrity, and Celebrity Elite, E+, and Zenith all share Diamond benefits while sailing on RCCL.  But only the benefits are shared - actual points earned on each cruise line remain with cruise line on which you sail at the time.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

Hello,

Will be on the Edge this summer, bought a 4 night dinning package, I saw there was a 7 night, when I cruised on Royal it was called unlimited, and we could use it for lunch also, guess Celebrity is not the same.. and for the Raw bar, does the package give u a credit or its only a la carte.. Cant wait!! 

thks! 

Lucie

Lucie, at one time Celebrity used to offer an unlimited Speciality dining package, but it has been discontinued.  The only way to get an unlimited Speciality dining package currently is to book a “higher level” suites and the package is one of the included amenities.  

Sorry, I am not sure how Sushi on Five handles the Speciality dining if you select it has one of your four.  I believe they give you a dollar limit to spend.  (It may have changed)

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I am not sure how Sushi on Five handles the Speciality dining if you select it has one of your four.  I believe they give you a dollar limit to spend.

That's the way it's been since the restart (at least on the ships I've been on).  I believe the allowance is $35.  There is no limit if you're in a suite with unlimited specialty dining.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

I believe the allowance is $35.

Correct. And dining packages cost more than $35 per meal at five nights or fewer, meaning it's actually costing more money to go to Raw/Sushi on Five than if you pay a la carte.

Even at six nights or more, the per meal cost fall towards $33, so it's a far lesser value than the other specialty dining options.

Thks everybody!

I have now booked 2 nights at Raw on 5, and will keep my 4 night package for other restaurants.

I have sailed 2 times on Celebrity, first time Edge class!  Could not remember the packages.. 

thks!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyCapn said:

Correct. And dining packages cost more than $35 per meal at five nights or fewer, meaning it's actually costing more money to go to Raw/Sushi on Five than if you pay a la carte.

Even at six nights or more, the per meal cost fall towards $33, so it's a far lesser value than the other specialty dining options.

The package prices increased about a month ago when they increased the prices of the specialty restaurants.  A 3  night package on a S or M class is  now $152 and change.