Cans of water

I recently noticed that the beverage package page on the Royal Caribbean website includes cans of water. Has anyone ordered this recently? Are they actually cans or do you get bottles of water?

We both have reserved the refreshment pack, so I assume we can just get bottles of water with that?

5 minutes ago, auntjoy036 said:

I had the refreshment package this winter. On that ship the water was in cans. That sounded horrible to me. I expected a metallic taste. I was pleasantly surprised that the canned water tasted fine.

Good to know! I will be checking out my water order ONE week from today! I was wondering about water in cans.

1 hour ago, sandy toes said:

My concern is you can't reseal and carry a can while on excursion or walking around the ship. I would gladly pay extra for the bottles.

That’s why you bring your own water bottle. Or a yeti container.     
I use a yeti and fill it with ice . And bring extra water with me in the back pack.     
yeti fits in my side pocket of the backpack. 
And I had cans in the explorer out of PR in feb.  

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 2

Save the wave program said ,before covid, there would be no single use plastic by 2022 . No straws , stirrers or plastic water bottles. Fine by me , can drink tap water and only ever had paper straws and coffee came with a metal spoon 🤷‍♂️ in a clay mug ...

• Like 1

Just now, Hogbay said:

Save the wave program said ,before covid, there would be no single use plastic by 2022 . No straws , stirrers or plastic water bottles. Fine by me , can drink tap water and only ever had paper straws and coffee came with a metal spoon 🤷‍♂️ in a clay mug ...

1409860787_Screenshot_20220527-191520_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.dd17b73a7c6687c80a681b91129d0082.jpg

9 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I use a yeti and fill it with ice . And bring extra water with me in the back pack.     

I am not trying to create more plastic. I use a YETI at home but I like the closed convenience of a light weight resealable non-leaking toss and go when walking, exploring. I do not want the upright YETI that leaks when upside down in my bag. I had a bottom sliced on a backpack, in a very crowded museum, they didn't get much but the idea that it was done on my back, just freaked me. I now only use a back back when actually hiking in non-urban areas but on trails, not on excursions or exploring in new places. I do have some of those strange looking collapsible refillable water containers and plan to bring several, one for each of us to use. I also, do not drink anything from cans, nasty taste and the aluminum probably does some sort of leaching into the beverage. At home, we have a PUR, on the sink and fridge water unit. No bottles at all. 

They are transitioning to cans v plastic bottles and as current committed supplies expire with the plastic bottles they will be replaced by cans.  Some ships already have the cans.  Reportedly a more "green" solution based on recyclability and more economic.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I ordered this for our cruise that was last week on Wonder out of Barcelona. This purchase brought us very little value for the following reasons:

Tap water served and available at drink stations through The Wonder was of very very good quality. No taste, balanced PH. Same with the dispensed ice. The San Pelegrino still water that is in the cans did have a noticeable can taste. It was better than nothing and convenient to take a few cans with us on our excursions, but whenever we could we would just grab a chilled bottle from a local convenience store. We left about a dozen unused cans in our cabin at the end of the week.

I would have been perfectly fine if we just brought an empty water bottle with us and filled it with ice and water at Café Promenade on deck 5.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

I am not trying to create more plastic. I use a YETI at home but I like the closed convenience of a light weight resealable non-leaking toss and go when walking, exploring. I do not want the upright YETI that leaks when upside down in my bag. I had a bottom sliced on a backpack, in a very crowded museum, they didn't get much but the idea that it was done on my back, just freaked me. I now only use a back back when actually hiking in non-urban areas but on trails, not on excursions or exploring in new places. I do have some of those strange looking collapsible refillable water containers and plan to bring several, one for each of us to use. I also, do not drink anything from cans, nasty taste and the aluminum probably does some sort of leaching into the beverage. At home, we have a PUR, on the sink and fridge water unit. No bottles at all. 

That’s why I purchased one of these backpacks when I went on my 3 weeks tour of Europe. .  Worth the price of security

https://int.pacsafe.com/collections/slash-proof-mesh

these are great.  Slash prof and all zippers can be locked so no one can get inside while on your back.    Take a look.  

ive dropped my yeti many times and no spill.  Yes. I’ve had it spill once.  But my fault as the top wasn’t on all the way.  
I never leave home without my yeti being in Las Vegas. It’s always with me 

as you can see in the pic.  No leaking. And I’m shaking it.   
land fits great in my back pack and I’ve never had it fall out even with all the tossing around I put it through.    

only time I use plastic bottles is to add water to my yeti when on a cruise in my car.    I should get a bigger yeti. And transfer from there to save using plastic  but I recycle everything anyway.   Like if that helps. Lol. 

EFD0EC3E-AB1A-431C-B70F-4494CF4DF4F1.jpeg

397A01C3-4BDD-41D6-BD7A-0C90D42FF841.jpeg

E0D991B2-4B5C-41D4-838D-AC5C48D20004.jpeg

Hello,

Currently on Anthem B2B2B. Have received water in both plastic bottles and metal cans.

My only issue is the plastic bottles are 500ml whereas the cans are only 330ml.

Regards,

Cublet

We were in the emergency room a couple weeks ago, and my husband wanted a bottle of water -- the machine only sold canned water.  I was a little nervous about how it might taste (especially at $2.50 a can!), but it tasted fine. 

I do try to avoid single-use plastic in my life -- it's genuinely going to be the death of this planet.  I attended a teacher in-service training, and I was shocked at how little of our "recycling" is actually recycled -- most is sold to 3rd world countries; this is not sustainable stewardship.  Aluminum is easily recycled and a better option for sustainability. 

The best and cheapest option, absolutely, is to bring your own refillable bottle.  At breakfast you can pick up several glasses of ice water, transfer them into your bottle, and you're set for the day. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 2:05 AM, Ptroxx said:

Is there any place on the ship to fill a bottle like this? I am drinking mostly water these days.  A bottle fill station or some soda machines have a water button.