Walgreens NAAT Testing for entire party.

Looks like we can schedule our Covid tests tomorrow. We’re testing on June 4th for our cruise, June 6th. 

I know it’s a drive-thru test  There are three in our cruising party; all living close to each other. Can we all make the appointments for the same time, and can all three travel in one car?  Or do we need two cars?

My family and I are scheduled to take the Rapid Test and Trace test on line next Friday, June 3rd at 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 and 8:15 a.m.  As a backup, I just scheduled the Walgreens COVID drive thru testing for the four of us for next Friday, June 3rd.  Once the time slot was selected for one person, that time slot was taken.  When booking for the next person, I had to use the next time slot.  Therefore, I had to schedule the four of us at different times:  9:30, 9:45, 10:00 and 10:15 a.m.  All four of us will be going through the drive through in one car at 9:30.  I'm pretty sure they will be able to do all four at 9:30 a.m.

I am hoping that all goes well with the proctoring service with Rapid Test and Trace.  If it does and we all get our email results, I will cancel the Walgreens test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ve done the Walgreens NAAT test multiple times with my family.  Each individual will need a separate appointment and there’s only one time slot every 10 or 15 min so the appointments won’t be at the exact same time.  Just schedule your appointments one right after another.  For example one at noon, 12:15, 12:30.  You can all go at once during one of those appointments time frames in the same car.  Just give them all your names once you arrive and they will hand you all of the tests.

• Thanks 1

When you make the appointment its in 15 minute blocks.  So each person will be booked for a separate time.  However, you all go in the same car and they ask for all the ID's and they give you a little plastic basket with the swabs and you all do it together.  they may have you roll the back window down so they can see the other people but it takes only about 5 minutes total.  They don't even ask for insurance cards.

• Thanks 2

@LadyBeBopmy husband and I did Walgreen's drive-through testing in January (in central Texas). The appointment times were 15 minutes apart, one person per time, but we went in the same vehicle and they took us together.  The pharmacy worker had DH go first, packaged up his sample, and then had me do my test. 

• Thanks 1

I booked the in-laws for Walgreen and they all 4 went in the same car an hour early before their true appointment times.  Drove right up, all four done in less than 15 minutes.  I can say with confidence (here anyways) they don't seem to care about the actual arrival

time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, we have done this with Walgreens.    The last time we were there I booked my DH for 12:00 as I saw 12;15 was also open so I was going to grab that for myself as soon as I was done booking his.     By the time I was done inputting his info and booked then started my reservation 12:15 was gone and next appt was something like 4 pm.    

We drove to his appointment together and I asked if I could do mine while I was there since there was no one else in the line for the drive thru.     She had no problem giving me my test while I was there.     All good!

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have thought the same but every time I have been to the drive thru no one has been behind me.

I used them for the first time yesterday and there was no one there beside me but didn't know if that was common or not  Went early even figuring I would have to line up.

• Like 1

I used it for the first time this morning, had the 1st appt. at 9:30am. Got there 10 mins early and was politely told they weren't ready yet and to come back in 10 minutes, lol. My wife went to a different Walgreens by her work and got there early for her 9:30am appointment and was taken early. Seems that it varies a bit by location.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I used it for the first time this morning, had the 1st appt. at 9:30am. Got there 10 mins early and was politely told they weren't ready yet and to come back in 10 minutes, lol. My wife went to a different Walgreens by her work and got there early for her 9:30am appointment and was taken early. Seems that it varies a bit by location.

I was wondering if they would turn me away  I was there 9:15 for 9:30  I usually to to my health care provider's Urgent care center and get tested wait 15 minutes and get my piece of paper

Edited by molly361

I have a question about filling out the information needed for the NAAT  at Walgreens.  The first question I believe they ask if you are traveling or just traveled.  I answered yes to that question.  Is that ok as I want the test to be free?   I know for the question at CVS, people say to answer no to that question.  There are no CVS's giving the NAAT test near us for over 100 miles, so that is out for us.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, juhacorno410 said:

I have a question about filling out the information needed for the NAAT  at Walgreens.  The first question I believe they ask if you are traveling or just traveled.  I answered yes to that question.  Is that ok as I want the test to be free?   I know for the question at CVS, people say to answer no to that question.  There are no CVS's giving the NAAT test near us for over 100 miles, so that is out for us.

Thanks

Yes, it is free at Walgreens if you answer YES to the travel question (wife and I took the tests yesterday and weren't charged).

Edited by OCSC Mike

Just spoke to a cruising buddy (and his family) who are cruising today.  The family had to make separate appointments.  They only allowed one drive through test at a time.  So, one would take the test, submit it.  They made them leave the drive through and comeback when the next appointment was scheduled.  Ended up spending about an hour driving back and forth through the Walgreens drive through.

Pharmacist gave the reasoning as to not hold up anyone who may also come to the drive through.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Just spoke to a cruising buddy (and his family) who are cruising today.  The family had to make separate appointments.  They only allowed one drive through test at a time.  So, one would take the test, submit it.  They made them leave the drive through and comeback when the next appointment was scheduled.  Ended up spending about an hour driving back and forth through the Walgreens drive through.

Pharmacist gave the reasoning as to not hold up anyone who may also come to the drive through.

This is so ridiculous. The test literally takes 30 seconds, and the prep for each person’s swab and verification of ID takes about 1 minute per test. My husband, son and I all went yesterday and it was a total of 5 minutes. That pharmacist needs to take a Xanax! 😂 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Augh!!!  And you’re close to me (I’m in Northern Kentucky). It would be impossible in my case, since one of us three is a minor. 

I hope the Walgreens in question isn’t on my side of the Ohio River. 

On 5/28/2022 at 8:44 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, it is free at Walgreens if you answer YES to the travel question (wife and I took the tests yesterday and weren't charged).

Did they ask you for insurance info when you filled out the appt info online?    Our insurance was actually billed for our Walgreens tests in Feb.  We have a Medicare Advantage Plan. 

I just looked my insurance claim and Walgreen billed our insurance for $125 of which they covered 100$. 

Edited by mauimary

9 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Definitely not the way my Walgreens does it

• Like 1