Carnival Freedom June 2 and 6 cancelled

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, quattrohead said:

Is the June 11th cruise still on ? She is still in Freeport with no destination yet.

Last update said it should be finished June 10th.  They have not cancelled June 11th (as of yesterday that I saw)

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

How many HOURS does it take to get from Freeport back to Florida?

Depending on route, it is about 184 miles, or 160 nautical miles.  If the ship sails at 16 knots (16 nautical miles per hour), it would therefore take 10 hours.

22 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Depending on route, it is about 184 miles, or 160 nautical miles.  If the ship sails at 16 knots (16 nautical miles per hour), it would therefore take 10 hours.

I knew somebody would know..

So I guess as lonmg as they leave Freeport by tomorrow afternoon, all should be good for for June 11th sailing. (or at least keep working throughout that cruise)

2 minutes ago, bguppies said:

So I guess as lonmg as they leave Freeport by tomorrow afternoon, all should be good for for June 11th sailing. (or at least keep working throughout that cruise)

If they wanted to go at 20 knots, it is only 8 hours, so for a typical 6am arrival in PC, they could leave at 10pm.  Since they don't have to turn cabins, they could arrive a little later, but I'd say midnight is around the latest.

28 minutes ago, bguppies said:

I just measured distance using Google Maps.

And as @chengkp75 noted, the ship is (should be) quite capable of a higher speed, I just picked 16 knots as an easy bit of math and to show that even at that slow speed it isn't very long of a journey.

That’s a great picture for everyone sailing on the 11th.  Looks good.  For some reason, in my mind, I kept thinking they were going to refashion a new wing.  Nope, just cut the other one off.  Makes more sense.  Yay 😀. Sailing her on the 30th.

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Ours is for Halloween. Guess we will be going.

We are booked for mid-September.  It has crossed my mind that they might cancel a couple of cruises later, once they are ready to install a new whale tail (if that is what they intend to do).

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Without the spoiler slowing it down, should be able to go faster. Getting ready to sail

287066638_7814225298619963_8264917398167

I was going to say the opposite, with out the wing it will slow it down 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We are booked for mid-September.  It has crossed my mind that they might cancel a couple of cruises later, once they are ready to install a new whale tail (if that is what they intend to do).

Not real likely that they'd take a revenue generating asset out of service if it wasn't necessary.  I think Freedom is due for a drydocking in 2023, so that would be when they do it.

• Like 2