Vista cruise cancelled!

beechwood

On 5/30/2022 at 6:42 PM, brittany12 said:

Lets also not forget that the 2023 Vista cruises were priced at 25-30% more than the normal Oceania  summer cruise on M and R. The reduced prices for the '24 season prove that to be true. The market was so hot to get space on the brand new ship in its initial season that people bit hard. Sold out in hours. So they stoke the market to make it red-hot and then turn around 6 months later and screw the people who moved heaven and earth to secure this booking. Its' so easy to say this is no big deal and cruise-lines will always throw passengers overboard when a charter raises its ugly hand, but this should really sting all of us. Not just those who booked and got screwed.

+ 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

We may get that answer the week after that cruise is scheduled if every youtube "cruise expert" and social media "influenza" post about how awesome the Vista is.

Regarding the Feb 19 Marina charter, most everyone knew months in advance who the charter was for. The TA, bloggers, and Influencers were gloating about their upcoming cruise and spilled the beans. I wonder if our Influencer here got an invite for this cruise or the early pre cruises or Inauguration cruise?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Regarding the Feb 19 Marina charter, most everyone knew months in advance who the charter was for. The TA, bloggers, and Influencers were gloating about their upcoming cruise and spilled the beans. I wonder if our Influencer here got an invite for this cruise or the early pre cruises or Inauguration cruise?

The silence is deafening considering how forthcoming the Influenza tends to be about, well, everything.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, arl_nocaps said:

Talking abt vista could use opinions. Booked insignia ny Montreal 2023, think I shd switch to vista  , similar itinerary, not as good but cabins much better . So ports or cabins??

arl

personal choice

On 5/31/2022 at 9:07 PM, pinotlover said:

I still ask: Who chartered the ship?

My personal opinion is Atlantis Events, but that is just an educated guess.  This year they have Marina chartered on 7/31.  If they do in fact have Vista chartered next year they'll most likely announce the charter, and open it for sale, on that 7/31 cruise.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arl_nocaps said:

Talking abt vista could use opinions. Booked insignia ny Montreal 2023, think I shd switch to vista  , similar itinerary, not as good but cabins much better . So ports or cabins??

arl

In my book, itin over cabin, but food is trump!

• Like 3

I’ve sailed on Insignia and loved it but the choice of only two specialty restaurants is a drawback for me.  We like every night on a cruise to be an event and don’t really like the GDR as an option.  I’d also prefer a better - larger cabin.  Exploring a new ship would also appeal to me.  As long as the ports are similar I’d go with Vista.

1 hour ago, Roccaforte said:

I’ve sailed on Insignia and loved it but the choice of only two specialty restaurants is a drawback for me.  We like every night on a cruise to be an event and don’t really like the GDR as an option.  I’d also prefer a better - larger cabin.  Exploring a new ship would also appeal to me.  As long as the ports are similar I’d go with Vista.

would be the way we would go also.  New, bigger and more choices. 

On 6/1/2022 at 6:53 AM, pinotlover said:

I wonder if our Influencer here got an invite for this cruise or the early pre cruises or Inauguration cruise?

Dang.....I've been on this board for fifteen years and recognize all the major contributors.  But which one is "our influencer"?  I thought influencers were all like beautiful 20-somethings on ChitChat and SnapTalk and Twit-Post.  You mean, some may have grey hair?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, DrHemlock said:

Dang.....I've been on this board for fifteen years and recognize all the major contributors.  But which one is "our influencer"?  I thought influencers were all like beautiful 20-somethings on ChitChat and SnapTalk and Twit-Post.  You mean, some may have grey hair?

I guess some of us do.  We might also be a little wiser.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:27 PM, DrHemlock said:

DrHemlock, haha, I'm with you. Though only been following these folks for a year and a half (almost daily) now.  Wonder who those influencers are?  Waiting for someone to raise their hand.🤔

3 hours ago, nursinadream said:

DrHemlock, haha, I'm with you. Though only been following these folks for a year and a half (almost daily) now.  Wonder who those influencers are?  Waiting for someone to raise their hand.🤔

Twenty-two years off and on for me, and only one pops into my mind as a possibility.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Who chartered the itin?

Atlantis chartered Marina after the last cruise we took on her and it was really hard to find who was taking her for the next 10 days. It was a complete blackout unless you know the websites they book through. We asked a passenger while we were finishing our holiday in the beautiful Moorea. Mystery solved!

On 6/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, nursinadream said:

They are the ones who are saying its over a year away, get over it and book something else. Easy to say when its not you who's cruise was cancelled. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I see that a group called Atlantis Events have chartered that cruise and it may have been more money up front for the cruise line.   When I looked it up online, it's solely chartered for the Gay community:

https://atlantisevents.com.   I don't see the VISTA ship and date listed yet on their site, but it seems as though that is the plan for chartering this particular cruise in 2023.  

Sad that people who have planned for a long time to cruise on their new VISTA ship ended up getting cancelled. 😪    

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 4:27 PM, DrHemlock said:

I thought influencers were all like beautiful 20-somethings on ChitChat and SnapTalk and Twit-Post.

So, exactly how do you know we're NOT "beautiful 20-somethings..."?  Rather presumptuous of you, I'd say! 😠  Every morning, I get up, face the mirror, and say, "I am gorgeous!"  Then, of course, I eventually have to open my eyes and, well...never mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/2/2022 at 2:49 PM, ImperialCruise said:

I see that a group called Atlantis Events have chartered that cruise and it may have been more money up front for the cruise line.   When I looked it up online, it's solely chartered for the Gay community:

https://atlantisevents.com.   I don't see the VISTA ship and date listed yet on their site, but it seems as though that is the plan for chartering this particular cruise in 2023.  

Sad that people who have planned for a long time to cruise on their new VISTA ship ended up getting cancelled. 😪    

Yes, Atlantis president officially announced it today at the Oceania Marina Baltic cruise. Vista booked for July 5-15 2023, Athens to Venice.

On 5/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, RJB said:

So much for being loyal to their customers. 

Charters are money makers. No cruise line can afford to turn a charter away. You have one year notice. And....keep in mind that you have not paid for this trip yet. You have only made a minimal deposit. I'm sorry you may be disappointed, but it hardly rises to the level of thinking Oceania is disloyal.  Personally, I think it is far better to be bumped a year ahead for a charter than to get on board and find out that a huge convention/special group has taken over the ship. That is a nightmare.

Because they allow people to make plans so far in advance, there are bound to be cancelations/port changes etc. The alternative to only open reservations 1 year in advance (as hotels and airlines do.) I'm sure that would not be welcome at all.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, the more ports the better said:

You could identify as a two gay men and book with Atlantis

I don’t think one needs to identify oneself as gay to book on a gay cruise - any adult can do. 

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, brittany12 said:

There's a much bigger point that seems to be missed. Oceania made such big deal many months back when they launched Vista and opened the booking for Vista cruises. That special video.  People turned themselves inside out to get a booking. All the 2023 cruises were sold out in a matter of hours.

To build up such enthusiasm and expectation about a new ship and then to dash all passenger loyalty on the rocks for this charter cruise is just plain wrong. And how they told you, too.

Exactly how does one "turn themselves inside" out to secure a 2023 booking?  I suspect its nothing more than being first in line. How many of those bookings do you think will "stick"? There is a huge turnover of people that book and then change plans after the fact, just so they can get the "deal" in case they wish to follow-through. Of course, this all because full payment isn't due until 90 days (or so) before actually sailing. Would you prefer to have to pay full amount when placing the reservation?  That would solve the problem....but I'd wager that no one would want to do that.

I simply think that people should think more before complaining.

• Like 2