Disney Cruise lines in Sydney?

With the launch we witnessed, we could hear and feel the blast. It was fairly early morning and on the first two days we went to see it, the launch was cancelled. Our kids weren't happy at 4am wake-up, breakfast then an hour or so drive from our accommodation. We saw the launch on our third attempt.

1 hour ago, losfp said:

So here's something to tie all the threads together.

In 2015 we did our big family Disney holiday: Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise, Disneyland, and finishing up with the Disney Aulani resort in Hawaii.  Between WDW and DCL, we spent a day at Kennedy. Loved it. There was supposed to be a rocket launch on the day but we were disappointed to discover upon arrival that they had postponed the launch until the following day.

However, we were lucky enough to be able to still see the launch from the deck of Disney Fantasy the next day after we boarded for our Caribbean cruise. It was unreal - you could hear the launch clearly, and I swear you could feel the ground shake as well.

MF2015%2004%20-%20Cruise%20-%2010%20of%2

wow  that was a trip to remember!

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

WOW What a priceless experience.  Lots of people spent the day at the Cape from WDW, but they didn't see a space shuttle launch LIKE YOU DID.

We were very lucky. It had been due to launch several days earlier and we hadn't realised the launch had been delayed. One of those "right place, right time" moments. It was a bit scary driving to the coast. It was a 50mph speed limit on the road but all the cars were doing about 80mph including us. Then a cop car went past going even faster. 

Then afterwards we didn't have a clue where we were and there were no Google Maps back then. We went on towards the coast until we could match up where we were with our map then headed back to Orlando.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We were very lucky. It had been due to launch several days earlier and we hadn't realised the launch had been delayed. One of those "right place, right time" moments. It was a bit scary driving to the coast. It was a 50mph speed limit on the road but all the cars were doing about 80mph including us. Then a cop car went past going even faster. 

Then afterwards we didn't have a clue where we were and there were no Google Maps back then. We went on towards the coast until we could match up where we were with our map then headed back to Orlando.

The first time we drove from WDW to Orlando Airport there were signs everywhere saying not to stop if someone bumped in to your car!  As normal, we had to fill up car before we took it back.  Scary experience!

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Do the Disney ships have all that crap on top, waterslides etc like RCI and Carnival? Hate the look of those infernal things.

I’m wondering about the cougars uncle Les.

If they are anything like Cinderella’s step family count me out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Do the Disney ships have all that crap on top, waterslides etc like RCI and Carnival? Hate the look of those infernal things.

Each ship has one, but not as packed on as the RCI or Carnival ships.

The Magic has the Aqua Dunk, which is a drop water slide.

The Fantasy and Dream has the Aqua Duck, which is like a water roller coaster (you ride it on an inflatable raft - it's bloody amazing, rode it on the Fantasy)

The Wonder has got less of that stuff, I think it has a kids slide. But she is used in Alaska/other cold weather situations so she doesn't have as much of that outdoor slide action.

• Like 1

Just now, losfp said:

The Wonder has got less of that stuff, I think it has a kids slide. But she is used in Alaska/other cold weather situations so she doesn't have as much of that outdoor slide action.

Yep, the Wonder has the Twist 'N Spout in the Aqualab area, more of a kiddies water slide compared to the other ships. The Magic also has the Twist 'N Spout in addition to the Aqua Dunk.

The Wish will have the Aqua Mouse, which is going to be a bit of a mashup between the Aqua Duck on the Dream/Fantasy and a Disneyland-esque dark ride.

20 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m wondering about the cougars uncle Les.

If they are anything like Cinderella’s step family count me out.

Minnie Mouse 🐭 is the Disney cruises cougar, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

I do notice a lone OPT bookings for Feb 2024 with an "unnamed vessel" and the cruise line is "Scenic Tours Pty Ltd". Maybe this is the Disney ship?

Michael

Scenic has cruise ship.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Scenic has cruise ship.

Scenic Tours is a Tour Operator, like other big tour operators they charter ships, the Feb 24 one is most likely a charter of a vessel by Scenic.

They have a small expedition  ship Scenic Eclipse but that would probably still be doing Antarctic operations in Feb. Perhaps Scenic have chartered a Disney ship from Sydney Opt, who knows?

I will have to ask my son he has his finger on the pulse with expedition ship operations.

Edited by NSWP

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Scenic Tours is a Tour Operator, like other big tour operators they charter ships, the Feb 24 one is most likely a charter of a vessel by Scenic.

They have a small expedition  ship Scenic Eclipse but that would probably still be doing Antarctic operations in Feb. Perhaps Scenic have chartered a Disney ship from Sydney Opt, who knows?

I will have to ask my son he has his finger on the pulse with expedition ship operations.

I was thinking of their expedition ship

8 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

I do notice a lone OPT bookings for Feb 2024 with an "unnamed vessel" and the cruise line is "Scenic Tours Pty Ltd". Maybe this is the Disney ship?

Michael

As others have said, Scenic is an Aussie company. The 'Pty Ltd' indicates that it is an Aussie company.