What are the advantages to book a future cruise while onboard

Casanova02

5 minutes ago, Casanova02 said:

Hi,

Does anyone knows the latest detail about the Future Cruise Program ?   

TIA

Reduced deposit $100 pp for non-premium suites) + extra OBC (amount depends on the cabin category and length of cruise).  Here is the current flyer: link

image.thumb.png.6197260fa7439d6c45830c1d6d846a9c.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We booked whilst onboard this year for next year on beyond.

Reduced deposit 

600 dollars of on board credit.

Premium drinks

Wife

And gratuities

All included.

In have no idea if the overall deal was good though. Couldnt price check it whislt sitting there, and now darent. Lol

Not sure what we will do with the 600 dollars mind. Struggled to spend 300 this time.

We dont do speciality dining every night as its just too much. 

And we dont do that many excursions either as we enjoy the ship, especially when most others get off.

Sp overall in have no idea whether it's a good deal or not.

Just now, DarrenM said:

Ooops.

Just to clarify 

I didn't get a free wife when I booked.

I got wifi 

Just incase some of youa re disappointed after reading that.

Well, we know that they are not free.

• Haha 7

mahdnc,

If I purchased $100 from the Future Cruise Program, would this $100 considered as Future Cruise Credit, which to be expired 12 months from issue date?

Thanks!

We have always received a bottle of wine for each bookings we make for future cruises while onboard. Our experiences is that future cruise(s) need to be booked the first day (embarkation day) to receive the wine. 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Ooops.

Just to clarify 

I got wifi 

I was looking for changing my wife and sound like a good opportunity... 😜

And Thank you for the informations

Edited by Casanova02

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We have always received a bottle of wine for each bookings we make for future cruises while onboard. Our experiences is that future cruise(s) need to be booked the first day (embarkation day) to receive the wine. 

Thanks for the tip

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, HSBC said:

mahdnc,

If I purchased $100 from the Future Cruise Program, would this $100 considered as Future Cruise Credit, which to be expired 12 months from issue date?

Thanks!

I presume you are talking about the "Book Later" program.  If so, you have to choose a cruise within 90 days or your $100 deposit is refunded.  Here is the flyer on that: link

image.png.d4a30c9e043fcde29ddfee9fba0c383e.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Reduced deposit $100 pp for non-premium suites) + extra OBC (amount depends on the cabin category and length of cruise).  Here is the current flyer: link

image.thumb.png.6197260fa7439d6c45830c1d6d846a9c.png

Thanks for the information

25 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That is a good point although we have never taken advantage of it.

On the flip side, I find it interesting that the Future Cruise department is open during the morning of the last day of the cruise.  I think one time I had to visit them on disembarkation day to get the paperwork for a cruise that I had booked the day before.

image.png.ca167e2f7f3087c97638f6e9acb1271c.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

We always book one or two future cruises while onboard as far out as possible and use them as "place holder" bookings until we find some other cruise(s) later on once we're off the ship more to our liking. This way we can transfer the OBC perk of booking onboard when we do find a better cruise later on.

However, if you decide to do this, make sure you book them as refundable to make them fully transferrable. You can always convert them to nonrefundable closer to the actual sail date, but prior to final payment. The deposit is still only $100 per person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Ooops.

Just to clarify 

I got wifi 

DH wants to know if the free wife is available in classic and premium ? 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

DH wants to know if the free wife is available in classic and premium ? 😉

He knows already that they are all premium.

• Haha 4

Friends aboard the 9/9 Millennium will be booking for them and us, The cruise we hope to take will not likely be reservable then since we are looking at an Iceland to Boston cruise for August 2024. 

What is the best strategy for them and for us? 

8 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Friends aboard the 9/9 Millennium will be booking for them and us, The cruise we hope to take will not likely be reservable then since we are looking at an Iceland to Boston cruise for August 2024. 

What is the best strategy for them and for us? 

See post #15 for my recommendation. However, I wasn't aware someone could book a cruise onboard for someone else who is not onboard. If that is still the case, I would recommend you book your cruise as soon as it's available as that's a popular cruise.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

See post #15 for my recommendation. However, I wasn't aware someone could book a cruise onboard for someone else who is not onboard.

The only work around I know of is using the rule that you can change names on a booking and keep your pricing/perks if at least one of the names on the original booking remains.  So you can have the other couple book two cabins, one in each other's name.  But then the names have to remain split up and I suppose sorted out after you get on board with Guest Relations.  Or you would have to swap keys (or partners!).  Depending on your point of view, it may not be worth the trouble.

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

See post #15 for my recommendation. However, I wasn't aware someone could book a cruise onboard for someone else who is not onboard. If that is still the case, I would recommend you book your cruise as soon as it's available as that's a popular cruise.

You can Ken, we have done it for some friends and they have done it for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The only work around I know of is using the rule that you can change names on a booking and keep your pricing/perks if at least one of the names on the original booking remains.  So you can have the other couple book two cabins, one in each other's name.  But then the names have to remain split up and I suppose sorted out after you get on board with Guest Relations.  Or you would have to swap keys (or partners!).  Depending on your point of view, it may not be worth the trouble.

No, you need friends date of birth and name as appears on passport. We put the deposits on the credit card of the couple on the cruise and we use the same land side travel agent. I won’t say that it is super easy, but it isn’t difficult really. We settle up the deposits after the fact. Once booked, the reservations are independent and we can cancel, change whatever, independently. In fact, when the cruise gets close we will have to link the reservations to get the dining right.

I will say that we have known these guys for over 40 years and travel together frequently.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

No, you need friends date of birth and name as appears on passport. We put the deposits on the credit card of the couple on the cruise and we use the same land side travel agent. I won’t say that it is super easy, but it isn’t difficult really. We settle up the deposits after the fact. Once booked, the reservations are independent and we can cancel, change whatever, independently. In fact, when the cruise gets close we will have to link the reservations to get the dining right.

I will say that we have known these guys for over 40 years and travel together frequently.

This is good to know. We can book “place holder” cruises, as I mentioned in post #15, for our adult family members and then organize a family cruise a few years down the road with everyone getting the onboard booking perks. Cool!! 😁

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

I like your way better