REVISED: Did you test positive for covid while on the ship or shortly after arriving home

cruzin4us

REVISED due to suggestions: Have you gotten covid on the ship or shortly after returning home since the cruise restart up?   

144 members have voted

1. 1. REVISED: Although this is definitely not a scientific poll, it's still informative for those trying to make a decision on cruising or how they want to handle their own situation. Did you test positive on the ship or shortly after arriving home?? Voters names are private

• Yes - I wore my mask all the time - except when eating or drinking
    • Yes - I wore my mask all the time - I even ate and drank in my room
    • YES - I only wore a mask where it was crowded (theaters/game shows)
    • YES - I only wore my mask if required
    • YES - I never wore a mask
    • NO - I wore my mask everywhere and ate/drank in my room
    • NO - I wore my mask except when eating/drinking
    • NO - But I wore it most of the time, especially in a crowd (theater, game show)
    • NO - I only wore a mask inside
    • NO - I never wore a mask
    • MAYBE/DUNNO - I might have had it but didn't want to test for fear of quarantine

After listening to some of your suggestions, I re-did the poll.   Feel free to make comments. 

Disclosure:   I have no way to edit this poll once I hit "Submit Topic".....so if I muffed it up again, I do apologize!

3 cruises between Feb 2022 and May 2022, 3 different cruise lines. No Covid before, during, or after for me or those I travelled with. We wore N95s all the time except when eating/drinking.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

3 cruises between Feb 2022 and May 2022, 3 different cruise lines. No Covid before, during, or after for me or those I travelled with. We wore N95s all the time except when eating/drinking.

3 for me between may 2021 and may 2022 - no covid either and no masking.

• Like 1

44 days (4 cruises).  Masked anytime outside of my cabin (masked when someone knocked on the door/unmasked for dining).  Negative before / during / after cruises.

Thanks for creating this poll.

Edited by cr8tiv1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

44 days (4 cruises).  Masked anytime outside of my cabin (masked when someone knocked on the door/unmasked for dining).  Negative before / during / after cruises.

Thanks for creating this poll.

That's a pretty good run!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kabmab said:

Can I participate for both myself and DH?

I believe you can only vote once per Cruise Critic user ID.    Just leave a comment for the other person if you don't mind sharing the info.   

17 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

3 for me between may 2021 and may 2022 - no covid either and no masking.

10 day, 10 day and 15 day.  However my spouse tested positive on returning home last week on 15 day.  Fairly mild covid case.  Both fully vaccinated but not boosted at all.

20 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

After listening to some of your suggestions, I re-did the poll.   Feel free to make comments. 

Disclosure:   I have no way to edit this poll once I hit "Submit Topic".....so if I muffed it up again, I do apologize!

Good poll.  The only thing I might have added is: "No, I wore my mask all of the time except when eating/drinking or outside when we could distance."   Ex. at the pool

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

Good poll.  The only thing I might have added is: "No, I wore my mask all of the time except when eating/drinking or outside when we could distance."   Ex. at the pool

I probably should have added that and a few others!   Thanks for participating in the poll

• YES - I never wore a mask. - 0%

I was looking at the numbers (math teachers never give up).  I am wondering if this is an outlier or these passengers would not admit on a poll that they were positive  because they never wore a mask.  
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was looking at the numbers (math teachers never give up).  I am wondering if this is an outlier or these passengers would not admit on a poll that they were positive  because they never wore a mask.  

Could be.....just like many may not admit to not testing themselves for fear of quarantine.   If/when I catch covid, I'll be right there with you....I don't wear a mask either except for the 2 weeks prior to a cruise.    I've done 2 cruises with another coming up June 9th to Alaska.   I quit trying to fight the fact, I know at some point I'm going to get it.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I made a comment since I couldn't answer the poll twice (2nd time for my spouse) - the answer for him was YES - I never wore a mask.  So there would be at least one 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Could be.....just like many may not admit to not testing themselves for fear of quarantine.   If/when I catch covid, I'll be right there with you....I don't wear a mask either except for the 2 weeks prior to a cruise.    I've done 2 cruises with another coming up June 9th to Alaska.   I quit trying to fight the fact, I know at some point I'm going to get it.

Are you sailing on the Crown to Alaska?

23 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Still no answer that fits our profile. It's hard to cover all bases.

I'm sorry......is there one that is fairly close?   I should have done a pre-poll to see what I should have added. 😁

I cruised the Alaskan sampler in early may on the discovery.  As I was going solo, I ate almost entirely on deck 16 and nearly always outside by the main pool or aft pool deck.  I wore a mask in all public areas that was not N95, but a double layer cloth mask with a microfiber layer.  Not sure if that's worth anything at all.

I never ride the elevator on ships, and this was no exception, but it really makes me detest how large the royal class ships are.  I had booked a cabin on deck 16 but was upgraded to a balcony on deck 8.  It was very nice to have a balcony but with pretty minimal outdoor areas on deck 7, I spent most of my time on the upper decks.

Since the incubation period is about 5 days it seems, I think the odds of contracting covid while enroute are higher than when onboard.  For most, that would align with showing symptoms on days 4 or 5 of your trip.

• Like 3

I tested positive during our sixth cruise post Covid.  I always wore a mask except when eating or drinking.  Hubby tested positive after we got home.  We did not have to fly to port so I definitely caught it during the cruise.

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Still no answer that fits our profile. It's hard to cover all bases.

So, I'll bite....why not share your profile so we can see if any of the rest of us fit it.

• Like 1