Summit Specialty Dining

superduper123

We don't care fore the specialty restaurants offered on M-class ships (Millenium, Suimmit, Infinity and Constellation). Since they removed the Ocean Liners (same menu as Murano) restaurants from M-class we skip specialty dining when sailing on them. They offer Tuscan Grille (Italian Steak House), Le Petite Chef (cartoon projection onto table/plate of meal prep) Sushi on 5. If I had to choose one I guess I'd pick Tuscan unless I was dining with children and then I'd choose LPC for the novelty.

• Thanks 1

A while back I booked Qusine and it was a strange place and food was iffy at best.

I would try the La Petit Chef once for the entertainment of it.

I did that on RCI by booking Wonderland.  Did once, won't do it again.  Wasn't bad but a lot of money for the atmosphere and artsyness of the presentation.

• Like 1

I've had mixed experiences at Tuscan Grille and, frankly, don't know if I care to have any more.  Even when we had a great time with magnificant steaks, sides, appetizers, etc., we found the pasta . . . lacking . . . to say the least.

Sushi on 5 is fantastic, though!  I could eat there every day if I weren't so tempted by other choices and just do different things.  

We've not tried Le Petit Chef, as that sort of thing just doesn't appeal to us.

I've not had good experiences in Tuscan on other ships in the past, but it was great on the April 25 Summit cruise.  Also tried Le Petit Chef to see what all the hype was about.  We went on steak & lobster night.  The food was excellent and the presentation was amusing.  Sushi on 5 has always been excellent.

That being said, the specialty restaurants were included in the price of my suite, so no upcharge.  Not sure the upcharges are really worth it.  I find the food in Luminae and the MDR to be excellent.

Spent a lot of time on the Summit last year and and tried all the specialty restaurants. We have not had very good luck with Tuscan Grill and our experience was the same on the Summit. In addition, it’s on the interior of the ship, not the beautiful aft view as on the S class.  Le Petite Chef was entertaining and the food was very good. For us a one and done. Our favorite was Sushi on 5. Are there several times, especially for lunch. We were very pleased with the food in the Main Dining Room. 

On the M ships it is only Sushi for us, otherwise just MDR/Luminae.

We've been spoiled by Murano on the S ships and Tuscan really doesn't hit the spot for us unfortunately.

Edited by Mark_T

We really enjoyed le petit chef a few months ago on summit also liked Tuscan which we did a couple of times, I prefer sushi at 5 for lunch which we did several times , we were in royal suite so all were free , always enjoy Luminae which is just for suites.

• Like 1

We really enjoyed le petite chef on Summit. We did the steak and lobster menu and I got french onion soup instead of the seafood soup. Next May when we go back on Summit we will try the other menus.

I liked Tuscan but was not as good as I thought it would be. Chicken parm did not have enough sauce for me. I tried the veal marsala and it almost had too much sauce. The service was amazing.

Laura

• Like 1