Is Club Balcony Worth It?

JustAPilot

I’d like to get why you book the club balcony rooms and if the upgrade to club balcony from regular balcony is worth it. We know the sparkling grape juice they try to disguise as wine is used as a door stopper and the ships are not sailing full these days so priority dining reservations are not really applicable. So cruisers is the upgrade worth it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

Heck, let's just be happy after all these years they don't still call them mini-suites.

Right! I have done the Haven my past 2 cruises, December and March, now those are Suites. I have had an ocean Suite on Carnival and was not at all impressed with the room

We are booked in a club balcony cabin with a large balcony for me, my husband, and our two kids. I wanted the slight amount of extra room and, more importantly, the bigger shower, and my husband wanted the bigger balcony. It wasn't that much more over and above a regular balcony cabin when we booked. If it were just me and my husband, I would have booked a regular balcony cabin.

21 hours ago, dexddd said:

Heck, let's just be happy after all these years they don't still call them mini-suites.

On my e-docs for 4/8 sailing they were still calling them mini-suites.

They say: Stateroom: Mini-Suite MA

Guess the e-doc folks haven't caught up yet with the promotional material folks!!

21 hours ago, phissy said:

For us, it is the larger bathroom . Specifically, the great shower. 

This, I have sailed this category twice, would do it again in a heartbeat.  Both in Away class ships..the other classes, I don't have any experience.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

17 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

This, I have sailed this category twice, would do it again in a heartbeat.  Both in Away class ships..the other classes, I don't have any experience.  

It's all about the bathroom. Lmao 

We're sailing Joy 6/26 and upgraded from balcony after final payment for like $75 and we're very excited about the bathroom. Extra space and the shower looks awesome. 

• Like 1

I recently did a bargain on purchasing an upgrade for our August cruise on the Escape, I had originally booked a standard inside cabin for 2 persons, and when there was a pricedrop after final payment I purchased an upgrade to a club balcony cabin for only $300 in total for a 10 days cruise. From a small inside to a club balcony with a LARGE bathroom AND a balcony +++

Ingen beskrivelse er tilgjengelig.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

On the Encore and Bliss, the club balcony suites not only had bigger bathrooms but multiple shower jets in the shower. 

On the Jewel class ships, the curtain between the bed area and sofa area may be handy if traveling with kids. 

We originally booked regular balcony rooms on the Pearl for August 2023.  However, prices went down, so for about the same price, we switched to the club balcony room.  It looks to me like the club balcony rooms on the Pearl have considerably more storage space.  I understand that the bathroom will be a bit larger too though.

My last cruise was in a Club Balcony.  The toilet and shower were great.  The free bag of laundry and other goodies were nice too.  But, as others have said, it depends on the incremental cost.  I might pay a couple hundred more, but when I priced it out for my next cruise, it was $1000 to upgrade.  Wasn't worth it.

We won an upgrade bid for $50PP on our last cruise on the Bliss.  Well worth it for the larger bathroom and bag of laundry.  Not worth it if it's several hundred for us.

Edited by Jed12345
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 6:56 PM, dexddd said:

Is 'Club Balcony Suite' really that much different?
If anything, it sounds like an upgrade to me. 
'We have mini-suites or we have club balcony suites, which would you prefer?'
To me it just sounds like a type of suite, and 'club' sounds like you get access to some club or something, the way in a hotel, 'club' rooms generally include access to the lounge. 

But on our sailing, they were cheaper than balconies, so we happily booked 3 of them and won't turn down the free bag of laundry! 

15 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

What about on the Epic? I’m not seeing any nicer bathroom in the club rooms. 

Upgraded from Inside to Club in December on the Epic.  It was 100% worth it.  In fact I believe the upgrade is most noticeable on the Epic as the shower was huge, separate and opposite of the toilet.

Was a fantastic upgrade for $200 total over 7 days.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2022 at 1:29 AM, Jed12345 said:

We won an upgrade bid for $50PP on our last cruise on the Bliss.  Well worth it for the larger bathroom and bag of laundry.  Not worth it if it's several hundred for us.

Do you get the laundry and other perks if you upgrade?