High Tea Time

Papadog

On 6/1/2022 at 11:33 PM, mahdnc said:

Before our last cruise, we got to enjoy afternoon tea at the Queen Victoria Building Tea Room in Sydney. 

881B8C46-15F9-41D9-A9B0-527B4CF7963E.thumb.jpeg.9f785d77fa20e09e631087d1182a33b8.jpeg

Very nice.. 

We had a small group from our Connie Roll call who joined for elegant  tea at the Frontenac in Quebec. It was a lovely experience! 

Okay, but what about elegant tea for Elite -- has that been reinstated? It wasn't on our trip last summer. I know it's not as fancy as some offerings, but we always look forward to it. And the scones are quite good.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to update what we experienced on our January cruise on the Silhouette. Tea time was up OV and just wasn't what we had been used to. Had different sandwiches  but the scones were much smaller and it is like they baked them for the same amount of time as when large. When you would try to open they literally crumbed on your plate. The jam was still good but the clotted cream 😩 I would have even rather had Cool whip. It seem old and curdled. 

We tried it 4 day in a row. Sadly always the same as soon as they open. Dry hockey pucks.

We have a cruis in 3 week on the Edge, will try it again. Hoping much better. 

35 minutes ago, Blondebomb said:

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to update what we experienced on our January cruise on the Silhouette. Tea time was up OV and just wasn't what we had been used to. Had different sandwiches  but the scones were much smaller and it is like they baked them for the same amount of time as when large. When you would try to open they literally crumbed on your plate. The jam was still good but the clotted cream 😩 I would have even rather had Cool whip. It seem old and curdled. 

We tried it 4 day in a row. Sadly always the same as soon as they open. Dry hockey pucks.

When I see a post like this, I wonder if you said something and what did the staff say?

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 4:07 PM, Blondebomb said:

I’m back to report the scones on Edge!! 
They were delicious!! They were up in Oceanview every day starting at 3:30 -5 

They had two varieties. Plain and raisin. Strawberry jam and clotted cream! 
I will say everything on Edge was wonderful. Even did evening buffet one night. Massive selections of fresh food. 
It was not the new paired down selections like on our Silhouette ship in Jan 2023. 
We were thrilled. It was like the Celebrity we were used to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blondebomb said:

I’m back to report the scones on Edge!! 
They were delicious!! They were up in Oceanview every day starting at 3:30 -5 

They had two varieties. Plain and raisin. Strawberry jam and clotted cream! 
I will say everything on Edge was wonderful. Even did evening buffet one night. Massive selections of fresh food. 
It was not the new paired down selections like on our Silhouette ship in Jan 2023. 
We were thrilled. It was like the Celebrity we were used to. 

What sort of tea do they have up there?

Tea.  Earl Grey.  Hot?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

What sort of tea do they have up there?

Tea.  Earl Grey.  Hot?

Bigelow brand. Tons of selection! I make mine in a large plastic glass then get a cup of ice to cool it down. 
I drink hot tea at most all my meals. Have it after dinner in the dining room as well. 
The food was excellent and so was the service. 

On 3/7/2023 at 4:58 PM, hcat said:

But did they offer an Elite Tea..?  Usually in Tuscan.

We did not see that listed at all. 
They do offer premium tea at the Cafe Bacio . While I do like their complementary petite desserts, I don’t care for that tea. So I would go up to OV and get it. 

49 minutes ago, Blondebomb said:

Bigelow brand. Tons of selection! I make mine in a large plastic glass then get a cup of ice to cool it down. 
I drink hot tea at most all my meals. Have it after dinner in the dining room as well. 
The food was excellent and so was the service. 

An ice cube to cool down hot tea?  I’m sorry but you just invented iced tea.  😂

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

An ice cube to cool down hot tea?  I’m sorry but you just invented iced tea.  😂

Nah, this is VERY hot water! I just use a few ice chips.They also have cocoa mix besides coffee and decaf as well. 😉

We both enjoy tea, especially green tea.  We'll go through at least one bag each of the Tea Forte Jasmin Green tea each day.  One trick I like to do is find where I can get the largest coffee cup on the ship.  Make myself a cup of Tea Forte Earl Grey, add a shot of whiskey, lemon, and honey to taste.  I find one or two of those a day are great for staying well and keeping the sniffles and sneezes away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got off Equinox in a suite. We went to tea nearly every afternoon. The scones were small, but seemed very tasty to me, I’m not a connoisseur, though. In the Retreat they offer Tea Forte, but had to dig through the boxes to find Earl Grey - that I thought was odd, I didn’t ask for green tea, now I wish I had. The little sandwiches and empanadas were good too.

The last day, they had some other little baked goods that looked like slightly larger scones with a tiny bit of glazing sugar on top, but the texture was entirely different, completely crumbled apart when you tried to bite them and not very good. I thought they might have been shortbread without enough butter in the recipe, but they were not good, maybe that’s what Blondebomb had on Silhouette?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 2:59 PM, cangelmd said:

Just got off Equinox in a suite. We went to tea nearly every afternoon. The scones were small, but seemed very tasty to me, I’m not a connoisseur, though. In the Retreat they offer Tea Forte, but had to dig through the boxes to find Earl Grey - that I thought was odd, I didn’t ask for green tea, now I wish I had. The little sandwiches and empanadas were good too.

The last day, they had some other little baked goods that looked like slightly larger scones with a tiny bit of glazing sugar on top, but the texture was entirely different, completely crumbled apart when you tried to bite them and not very good. I thought they might have been shortbread without enough butter in the recipe, but they were not good, maybe that’s what Blondebomb had on Silhouette?

No these were scones. They served them every day. No glazing on them either. They just were baked too long and then sit in the hot chafe dish which is to keep them warm but ends up baking them longer. 

Everything else they served like the little sandwiches was fine.

It cold where I am today. Could sure use a warm scone now. 😉

• Like 1