Adventure of the Sea's- March 26th, 2022

Just got off a 5 night Adventure cruise.  We parked our car at the Bayonne Terminal.  However since the ship was practically full- and I believe another ship might be leaving from Bayonne, we couldn't park in the parking lot- but the overflow was directed to alternative parking that was about two blocks away in distance.  We went with a son, daughter in law and two granddaughters.  Boarding was fast and efficient- however when we went for lunch in the buffet- it was very crowded.  What happened to covid protocols?  the food in the buffet wasn't as good as on previous cruises.    We then proceeded to the lounge at the top of the ship until our cabins were ready.

My son and daughter in law had a balcony cabin.  The teenage girls shared an inside cabin across the hall.  We had a junior suite.  Our Jr. Suite was a good size with a walk in closet- however it was pretty old-lots of rust in the bathroom and on the balcony.  The rooms need major renovation.  In addition- we had a lavazza coffee pot without an outlet!  We got an extension cord from our cabin attendant- but the machine didn't work properly the entire cruise- In addition the coffee machine in the diamond lounge was broken most of the cruise.  I purchased a coffee card and got coffee every morning and afternoon at the promenade .  However only one person making coffee and one taking orders.  Since it was a popular spot, sometimes we had to wait on a long line.  More help is needed for over 3000 people. We had to get tender tickets for Maine- but at least 1200 people were on line in the promenade waiting for tickets- Covid safe???  We did wear masks, most people didn't but the employees did.  Some of the employees we spoke to told us some other employees were down with covid or in quarantine.  Entertainment was disappointing- a comedian who wasn't funny the first night.  The second night the big show was postponed- not sure why.  The ice show was supposed to have been good.  We didn't see it as we have seen it previously.  The food overall was disappointing in the MDR.  The food wasn't hot- small portions, ran out of broccoli and other items.  We ate in the steak house and italian restaurant.  Both were better then the MDR or Buffet- but not as good as in Previous years. Johnny Rockets was good- as expected.

It was nice sharing this short cruise with our family- The girls enjoyed the flow rider, rock climbing wall and ice skating.  They also enjoyed the karaoke.  Getting off the ship was easy.  While I enjoyed a respite and sharing time with our family.  The ship needs to staff up and go to a major dry dock. We will stick to the Oasis class ships on Royal and sail more on Celebrity.    Thanks.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Thanks 2

WAs on that cruise the worst out of my five cruises food subpar crowded and lines, people entitled at cafe promenade there was a line a man cut and I said there is a line he said I already was on it I said that’s not how it works and lots of issues with my room almost scaled as shower only had hot water no cold safe and refrigerator broken was replaced I really did not like ship

• Like 1

I too was on the May 26 sailing on the Adventure. Tender ticket was horrible, they needs to be a better system and i too felt that entertainment was lacking on this cruise. i dont like comedy and it sucks the production show got postpone causing cant stop the rock to be fully canceled due to scheduling issues. Movies belong in a different lounge or by the pool, not in the theater and should not be a headline show for nightly entertainment 

another disappointment for me was the lines getting into the MDR. even with MTD reservations they was always a slow moving line that took forever

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, jillsyjill2 said:

WAs on that cruise the worst out of my five cruises food subpar crowded and lines, people entitled at cafe promenade there was a line a man cut and I said there is a line he said I already was on it I said that’s not how it works and lots of issues with my room almost scaled as shower only had hot water no cold safe and refrigerator broken was replaced I really did not like ship

I did a review of this cruise- but thus far it hasn't been printed.  Find that interesting.

We are sailing on Adventure next week for 4 day Canada, we are in a JS and have a Royal Up bid for GS or OS, good to know about the coffee machine malfunction, I will keep an eye on that next week. I have been toying with the idea of purchasing the UDP in case we did not like MDR food. I was on Navi back in February and MDR food was good but not the caliber I recalled in the past. 

On 6/3/2022 at 7:36 PM, Cruise a holic said:

Have read that people on this cruise had covid!

Have you been on a cruise where people didn’t have Covid since the restart?

I think you are expecting a lot if you expect no cases on board.

Edited by c-leg5

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Have you been on a cruise where people didn’t have Covid since the restart?

I think you are expecting a lot if you expect no cases on board.

They seem to have stopped sharing the information now.  Bad for business!

3 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will be sailing on the Oasis in august, seems to be the same percent of reported covid.

I mentioned that RCI shares the numbers with the CDC, but the CDC doesn't share those detailed numbers with outsiders - the whole US sailing RCI fleet has been orange for some time. Unless the ship happens to announce the numbers, you don't know how far above that .3% threshold a ship is.

Edited by Biker19