Fare trackers: Are prices trending up on the cruises you're watching also?

n4w

4 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I had no trouble upgrading via my PCC in April, original booking had double Latitude points, I got an upgrade to a balcony for next to nothing but lost the double Latitudes as that promotion was no longer available.

That is how it has worked for me as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IronRobi said:

I would fully expect cruise prices to be trending up right now and for the foreseeable future. I would guess the 2 largest expenses to operate a cruise would be fuel and food. The costs of each are climbing every week which makes every cruise more expensive to operate. So to maintain profit margins in a way that's responsible to their shareholders, they would have to raise the pricing to compensate.

OTOH, there is the law of supply and demand. There are other cruise lines, and there are other vacation alternatives. If you make the price too high, you just don't fill the cabins.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I had no trouble upgrading via my PCC in April, original booking had double Latitude points, I got an upgrade to a balcony for next to nothing but lost the double Latitudes as that promotion was no longer available.

For US bookings, upgrades after final payment have to have the same perks.  Before final payment, upgrades are considered a rebooking, so you get the current price along with the current perks but there aren't any restrictions.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, julig22 said:

So far, my 2022 booked cruises are about the same or higher, got my reductions and/or FCC requests done while the getting was good!  And the 2 extra latitude points promo is gone on the 2022 cruises I checked, some 2023  still have 1 extra point.

Ok…a little off topic, but have you gotten your FCC for the 5/14 Bliss cruise?  I’m still trying to get an answer from my PCC.  

I just looked at every available cabin for our 9/4/22 12 day sailing on the star out of southampton.  The prices have been and are still sky high.  I discovered that the ship is already 80% booked!  86% of balcony cabins are booked. Right now a balcony is $5399 (sail away $5179).  It’s past final payment date so I don’t think there will be many if any cancellations. I think it is due to the large amount of fcc outstanding and the hope that covid testing requirements will be gone by then.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 5:29 PM, n4w said:

I'm watching two specific cruises and every week, the prices keep inflating.

One kept sinking every week until mid-April when it decided to change direction and hasn't stopped climbing.

The other I've only tracked a few weeks, but it has increased $100pp each week.

And then I realized there aren't any more posts about folks trying to get adjustments for price decreases after final payment.

Forcing remaining FCC to go stale or milking more out of those who do use it?  Hmmmm 🤑 

or getting ready to follow the other lines and do away with FCC expiration dates?

I cruise solo and I monitor certain cruises I would like to take. I start tracking after final payment date. As a result, I pay no single supplement. Currently monitoring a Canada New England cruise. Last week, it was 200%, now it is 150%. So, yeah, prices are sinking at least on this particular ship. As soon as it falls to 100%, I plan on booking.

Same happened on my Gem 10 day cruise a few months ago. I ended up booking 10 days out and paid no single supplement for a Sail Away balcony.

• Like 3

I have a cruise booked leaving 8/23. We booked two rooms in January (club balcony suites) and saved a bunch of money when there was a fare reduction prior to final payment date. After final payment date, inside, balcony and club balcony have stayed about the same or gone up a bit but Haven rooms dropped significantly two times. With this second drop we are upgrading to haven penthouse suites.

9 minutes ago, Mitchel310 said:

I have a cruise booked leaving 8/23. We booked two rooms in January (club balcony suites) and saved a bunch of money when there was a fare reduction prior to final payment date. After final payment date, inside, balcony and club balcony have stayed about the same or gone up a bit but Haven rooms dropped significantly two times. With this second drop we are upgrading to haven penthouse suites.

Which ship?

On 6/3/2022 at 11:13 AM, laudergayle said:

Ok…a little off topic, but have you gotten your FCC for the 5/14 Bliss cruise?  I’m still trying to get an answer from my PCC.  

FWIW, I received price-drop FCC for the 4/30 Bliss cruise. The credit finally showed up in my account a couple days ago.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:13 AM, laudergayle said:

Yes, although I never actually saw it in my account.  PCC applied to an upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:40 PM, julig22 said:

Many, if not all cruises that I've checked (through October 2022) have had a reduced solo supplement (150%) since early 2022. Not a complete drop but enough for me to book, especially since I often want to take advantage of the reduced airfare and that curently drops off anywhere from 60-90 days.

I only have 1 cruise, booked almost a year ago, that I didn't reprice once the solo supplement was reduced - because what I paid then is still cheaper and keeps the old FAS perks.

Solo sups on Getaway dropped to 0% (UK)

On 6/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, coastcat said:

FWIW, I received price-drop FCC for the 4/30 Bliss cruise. The credit finally showed up in my account a couple days ago.

Coastcat…I got my FCC today in my account.  It was 50% of price difference. I have read that others are getting 100%. Do you mind sharing if you got 50 or 100%. 

9 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Coastcat…I got my FCC today in my account.  It was 50% of price difference. I have read that others are getting 100%. Do you mind sharing if you got 50 or 100%. 

Update…when I went into my account to make a payment I actually had two FCC…so 100% of difference. Yay.  Sorry to have bothered you.

Canada/New England cruises - a month after final payment, prices dropped this week with 3 months to go. Insides sailway thru Balconies are very low, DoubleUp with CruiseNext Deposits (thru end of June) ... NCL needs to bump up sales.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Update…when I went into my account to make a payment I actually had two FCC…so 100% of difference. Yay.  Sorry to have bothered you.

No worries! I received 100% of the fare difference, with a 1-year period in which to use it on a new booking (not an existing one). 

• Like 1

This article is linked in the stock thread, but it makes sense here too. 

At least one financial player (Bank of America) believes that prices are going to start trending down:

- demand for cruising is weakening

- ticket prices declined from May to June (2022)

-ticket prices have fallen 2.6% for 2024 bookings

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cruise-stocks-may-be-in-trouble-as-demand-seems-to-be-eroding-bof-a-200745167.html

• Like 2

After continuing to rise for a few months, my December cruise just started to decline a bit for many categories. I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade rooms now, or wait a bit longer. I have two specific staterooms that meet my needs, so I will probably upgrade sooner than I "should" for the best price.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:29 PM, n4w said:

I'm watching two specific cruises and every week, the prices keep inflating.

One kept sinking every week until mid-April when it decided to change direction and hasn't stopped climbing.

The other I've only tracked a few weeks, but it has increased $100pp each week.

And then I realized there aren't any more posts about folks trying to get adjustments for price decreases after final payment.

Forcing remaining FCC to go stale or milking more out of those who do use it?  Hmmmm 🤑 

or getting ready to follow the other lines and do away with FCC expiration dates?

The Wall Street Journal reports that cruise lines are having to lower prices.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cruise-line-pricing-is-lost-at-sea-11655038802?mod=Searchresults_pos2&page=1

On 6/5/2022 at 9:23 PM, Mitchel310 said:

Joy 9-night to Bermuda 

Thank you for your information.  We are on the Joy 5 night on September 1st and have a non-Haven Suite booked.   I have been waiting patiently for the prices to drop to upgrade to the Haven.  This morning Haven dropped about $400, but that is not enough for me to grab it.