Princess no longer testing for entry back to US?

BlufftonCruisers

We flew home from LHR (Emerald- British Isles cruise) on May 21st. The VERY FIRST thing the American Airlines clerk asked was to see our covid is test results. This was first and foremost.

On 6/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, Thrak said:

We bought the 3 pack of proctored tests (in case one was defective) for our recent Alaska cruise. In that instance, Princess did provide free testing so I am now holding $100 worth of proctored tests for which I have no use. D'Oh!

Quick,  Book a cruise.

Then you can use those tests.

• Like 1

I was also on the Emerald that disembarked on June 2. Since I was flying home on the 3rd I did the emed test as soon as we docked. I turned off airplane mode to do the test. United airline would not let me check in without uploading proof of negative test. When we landed in Newark the Department of Health met us and after immigration we had to show our tests, passport and also vaccine proof. That last one I thought was odd as US citizens aren’t required to be vaccinated. 

Disembarked June 4th in Vancouver with flight to USA. In order to on-line check-in on an American Airlines flight, I had to provide proof of negative test. That was the only time I had to provide the proof.

FYI: If you have Global Entry, you need your Global Entry Card to use the equivalent of TSA Pre-check at Security. There is a Global Entry line at USA Immigration, so I was able to avoid that long line.

More FYI: I did my emed monitored test on-board June 3rd (5am to avoid the internet crowd), and got my negative test. Companion tested positive later that day with Princess PCR test, so Princess wanted to test me. PCR test was negative. They wouldn't provide me with a proof of negative test. If they had tried to charge me for the PCR test, I would have refused to pay since they wouldn't provide the results.

More FYI: Information I found has a Canadian mandatory quarantine for "close contact" with persons testing positive. No one told me on Princess I had to quarantine, nor couldn't disembark. We were on the same ArriveCan record, so I thought Canada might flag me on Disembarkation. Didn't disembark until 9am, so lots of time for them to flag me (wife was reported to CA with her ArriveCan #). Canadian immigration was limited to looking that I filled out the forms, had a passport, and that I had an ArriveCan number. They never scanned the number to see if I was flagged. So I left the ship and boarded my flight back to the USA. The next day, Guest Services and Security called my wife to ask if I was on-board.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:18 AM, LACruiser88 said:

In December, we will be on the Regal's TA back to the US.  If protocols remain the same, will they test everyone onboard prior to arriving in Ft Lauderdale?

When I did the Regal back to Ft Lauderdale last November, Princess tested us the day before arrival.  No one in the port asked for a negative test.  I live in Fl so I didn’t have to fly but airlines are no longer requiring tests either so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Edited by spyro1952

On 6/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, mtntwo said:

Just off Emerald Princess June 2 in Southampton.

Three couples flying home June 2, 1 couple flying home June 3.

Princess tested 3 couples on June 1. 1 couple paid for tests at airport.

1 flew British Airways LHR to Denver.

1 flew Canada Air LHR - Toronto to Detroit.

1 flew Delta LHR - Boston to Detroit.

1 flew Delta LHR- Atlanta to Cleveland.

Nobody was ever asked for proof of test results or vaccination.

Upon boarding flight or arrival to USA. NEVER!

On may 10 off of emerald flying from Heathrow to usa on american every passenger had to show negative test or letter of recovery..no exceptions,,,i would double check as i don't think that has changed,,,from cdc site

Before boarding a flight to the United States, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel. There is also an option for people who have documented recovery from COVID-19 in the past 90 days.