Princess new 2022 Drink Menus

30 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Given the hassle, I think I would just pay for a hot chocolate.

Definitely...... I'm exhausted just thinking about all those stairs, especially carrying a full cup...😨

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Only one of us drinks coffee, the other orders a hot chocolate and only one  "cross" is marked off the coffee card.

We have also ordered a pot of tea for two in the cafe, shown our Coffee card and never been charged.

Princess don't always have Hot Chocolate sachets, people take handfuls to save....so they run out.

I've used those hot chocolate sachets, both at home and on ship, you need at least two to make a cup, three for a mug.

And the most important thing about making your own, is......

There is NO Yummy cappuccino machine frothy....🤬 It's just not hot chocolate without the froth. now is it???

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

There is NO Yummy cappuccino machine frothy....🤬 It's just not hot chocolate without the froth. now is it???

Yep it's very different making something from a sachet with lukewarm skim milk that's been sitting there, vs a hot chocolate made with properly steamed milk. My wife and kids are spoilt because I am a coffee machine nerd and make everyone's hot chocolates... so the sachets will be harshly rejected by them!

Just trying to work out how we will do it for our January Majestic cruise. Wife and I will have the plus package so we're sorted.. but if I buy a coffee card for the older daughter, she might have one mocha or something, then all hot chocolates, so it would be a waste. Might have to just buy as we go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, losfp said:

Yep it's very different making something from a sachet with lukewarm skim milk that's been sitting there, vs a hot chocolate made with properly steamed milk. My wife and kids are spoilt because I am a coffee machine nerd and make everyone's hot chocolates... so the sachets will be harshly rejected by them!

Just trying to work out how we will do it for our January Majestic cruise. Wife and I will have the plus package so we're sorted.. but if I buy a coffee card for the older daughter, she might have one mocha or something, then all hot chocolates, so it would be a waste. Might have to just buy as we go.

I made a wicked hot chocolate a while back. Dutch cocoa, a little brown sugar, and two chopped Lindor squares, with steamed milk, and topped with whipped cream. OMG, it was so good.

• Like 2

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I made a wicked hot chocolate a while back. Dutch cocoa, a little brown sugar, and two chopped Lindor squares, with steamed milk, and topped with whipped cream. OMG, it was so good.

Low kilojule that one too Julie, 🤣

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Given the hassle, I think I would just pay for a hot chocolate.

Sound decision, you pay thousands of $ for a cruise what's $5 for a brew of decent coffee or hot chocolate.?

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We spent a week a few years ago self driving the Scottish Highlands and stayed at a B&B in Kingussie. One night the hosts made me a hot chocolate - it was pure chocolate (no powder) melted over the stove with cream then added to thin it to drinking consistency.

It was the most amazing hot chocolate I have ever had 😋💕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losfp said:

Me too, my wife's the coffee drinker, and I'm her barista, making her coffees in the morning, and hot chocolates in the tea break at around 10:30 each day.

However depending how many hot chocolates she has, still may be worth while getting a card.🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I love that recipe! Our local Theobroma do a great hot chocolate that sounds like your recipe. dripping in real melted chocolate but minus the cream

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

God shut up, your making me droolllll.🤤

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

I love that recipe! Our local Theobroma do a great hot chocolate that sounds like your recipe. dripping in real melted chocolate but minus the cream

I don't know about having a recipe, I just threw it together on the spot! Luckily it came out OK.😊

• Haha 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry! 😚

Don't be you've given me some ideas, the lot of you..... Thanks, I think, I've just spent several years getting my weight down from 120kg to mid 83's. This could blow it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't know about having a recipe, I just threw it together on the spot! Luckily it came out OK.😊

You quoted the ingredients! That’s a recipe lol. Sounds delicious 🥳

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Don't be you've given me some ideas, the lot of you..... Thanks, I think, I've just spent several years getting my weight down from 120kg to mid 83's. This could blow it.

However now you know how to get it off, just go and enjoy your cruise and work hard in between them lol

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

You quoted the ingredients! That’s a recipe lol. Sounds delicious 🥳

Not quite as I didn't specify most quantities nor the actual method so it's just a list of ingredients not a recipe.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not quite as I didn't specify most quantities nor the actual method so it's just a list of ingredients not a recipe.

You could fix that.....😃

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Don't you dare blow it! The risk of putting the weight back on plus a bit more is high. I know, I've done that twice. I've given up now. 

• Like 1

You could fix that.....😃

No, I actually couldn't as I can't remember exactly how much of everything I used. A lot depends on personal taste - I don't like my hot chocolate too sweet - and how big the mug is.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, I actually couldn't as I can't remember exactly how much of everything I used. A lot depends on personal taste - I don't like my hot chocolate too sweet - and how big the mug is.

Two squares of chocolate is good enough to be a recipe! Milk??? Size of the mug! Little sugar! That’s not a cupful! Cream, you can only pile so much on! It’s good enough for me 🥳🥳🥳

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

We spent a week a few years ago self driving the Scottish Highlands and stayed at a B&B in Kingussie. One night the hosts made me a hot chocolate - it was pure chocolate (no powder) melted over the stove with cream then added to thin it to drinking consistency.

It was the most amazing hot chocolate I have ever had 😋💕

Yum

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't you dare blow it! The risk of putting the weight back on plus a bit more is high. I know, I've done that twice. I've given up now. 

Oh I've got no intentions of going back, it's amazing how much more energy I have now.

Funny thing was when I was up around the 120kg, I never thought I was over weight, until one day I looked at a photo with me lined up with three others, that's when I had the "Oh My God" moment.

No never again, now do lots and lots of walking, when we cruise we walk tour most places, walking some 20,000 or more odd steps a port.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

Oh I've got no intentions of going back, it's amazing how much more energy I have now.

Funny thing was when I was up around the 120kg, I never thought I was over weight, until one day I looked at a photo with me lined up with three others, that's when I had the "Oh My God" moment.

No never again, now do lots and lots of walking, when we cruise we walk tour most places, walking some 20,000 odd steps a port.

Good on you!

Just now, Cbtours said:

Two squares of chocolate is good enough to be a recipe! Milk??? Size of the mug! Little sugar! That’s not a cupful! Cream, you can only pile so much on! It’s good enough for me 🥳🥳🥳

You need the dutch cocoa as well, other than that, experiment!

One thing I did do was use a little of the hot milk to blend the cocoa etc into a loose paste before adding the rest of the milk. And I used regular milk, not low fat. I was lucky though, I got it right first time, for once. I don't make hot chocolate very often so never remember what I did the previous time.

• Like 1