Would Brooklyn cruise terminal check in staff know the date you flew into the country?

ace2542

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Won't it be in your passport?

Ours weren't stamped yesterday. Immigration got ESTA details from passport numbers. Immigration systems should have it, not sure where Cunard would get that if you didn't want them to know.

9 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Surely your arrival will be in the computer when you went through immigration?

Why would cruise terminal staff have access to DHS systems?

1 hour ago, D&N said:

Ours weren't stamped yesterday. Immigration got ESTA details from passport numbers. Immigration systems should have it, not sure where Cunard would get that if you didn't want them to know.

Cunard booked the flights so will that information be available to see at the Brooklyn check in. I ask and I confess just thinking about maybe just altering the test result from our entry U.S test with Randox and just giving that to Cunard as we are going into Miami and train upto NYC and I don't thnink there is time to get tested not with our level of tech expertise no iphone etc.

Edited by ace2542

1 minute ago, 57eric said:

Why would cruise terminal staff have access to DHS systems?

That is not why I am discussing but the cruise line does update your departure on eastbound crossings.

1 hour ago, D&N said:

FWIW I think the reason behind that is they have to manufacturer the hand held stamp machine every day for every offical and that is costly. I think they are cuttng costs.

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Cunard booked the flights so will that information be available to see at the Brooklyn check in. I ask and I confess just thinking about maybe just altering the test result from our entry U.S test with Randox and just giving that to Cunard as we are going into Miami and train upto NYC and I don't thnink there is time to get tested not with our level of tech expertise no iphone etc.

Please don't do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Please don't do that.

might not have a choice. We are on the train till the morning of the cruise. No chance to get tested on the train at least not the they way they want it. No flight home either it is cruise or bust. Maybe Cunard will move the test date so we can test at heathrow morning of the flight with the on one day test done before.

29 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

might not have a choice. We are on the train till the morning of the cruise. No chance to get tested on the train at least not the they way they want it. No flight home either it is cruise or bust. Maybe Cunard will move the test date so we can test at heathrow morning of the flight with the on one day test done before.

Assuming your itinerary was booked before the need for personal testing came in, have you had a word with Cunard to find out where you stand re your itinerary/personal testing/no smart gadgets and access to testing?

8 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Assuming your itinerary was booked before the need for personal testing came in, have you had a word with Cunard to find out where you stand re your itinerary/personal testing/no smart gadgets and access to testing?

It was booked afterwards and we must speak with TA apparently and all they say is well we have problem though they where more than happy to book the package for us despite the knowledge we would be on a train 2 days before boarding date.

26 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

There is information in this thread which may help, what time does your train get in ?

Saturday in the evening board ship sunday lunch time. Board in the morning off evening 36 hours later 1 night nyc though I thought it was 48 hours morning to morning. Doesn't make no difference with a 2 day requirement on train on the friday no changing that. I know nyc i know where to get tested the quieter places not times square or penn station or 5th avenue and the location of Fedex stores to get on the computer if hotel doesn't have room. I am sure a solution will present itself

Edited by ace2542

14 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

With an evening arrival you should have time to get a test in New York if they are still required by the time you sail.

Perhaps not it would be cutting it very fine. A lot of chemist close at 7pm or 8pm at latest.

Also keep in mind you may check in at Brooklyn well into the afternoon on Sunday. You aren't tied to "lunch time" as your boarding time. You should have time to arrange for a test in New York before you board on Sunday.

Another possibility is to arrange to get tested on Friday morning in Miami before your train departs. Current Amtrak schedules show a departure time from Miami at 11:40am. That could be tight, but keep in mind for a US departure on Sunday, your test can be done any time on Friday or later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Also keep in mind you may check in at Brooklyn well into the afternoon on Sunday. You aren't tied to "lunch time" as your boarding time. You should have time to arrange for a test in New York before you board on Sunday.

Another possibility is to arrange to get tested on Friday morning in Miami before your train departs. Current Amtrak schedules show a departure time from Miami at 11:40am. That could be tight, but keep in mind for a US departure on Sunday, your test can be done any time on Friday or later.

Not testing in Miami no way not missing the train they won't hold the train then it is hotels and flights at our expense if we miss that. I will make every effort to get tested in nyc I know where to go to where it quiet West Village, UES, FIDI etc not times square.

Take a look at how I did my test from a hotel after arriving in America  - this is permitted within the Cunard rules:

My experience from the recent 1st May eastbound TA may help you.  Obviously requirements for Cunard are subject to change at short notice.  

I booked a Fit To Fly Antigen Test With Observation from Medicspot for £19.99.  With a coupon code I found by searching the internet this came down to £16.50.  

Cunard were happy with the test being performed any time in the previous 2 days, so for a Sunday departure I was ok to do it anytime on Friday.  If I recall, test appointments were available any time between 9am and 6pm UK time.

Test was done over zoom, both myself and my travelling companion were able to do the test on the same zoom session -  I did this on my iPad with no problem.  They told me the certificate could take up to 2 hours, but it arrived within 5 minutes.

Edited by Se1lad
  • Like 1

It has to be 

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Not testing in Miami no way not missing the train they won't hold the train then it is hotels and flights at our expense if we miss that. I will make every effort to get tested in nyc I know where to go to where it quiet West Village, UES, FIDI etc not times square.

You have plenty of time  - get a test for the first time slot of the day 8am? Earlier if necessary - shouldn't take more than 20min - not sure where the station is but its not going to take you that long. They will email the results to you. 

We’ll need to test in London in December prior to a Thursday TA. Do you think I can wait and book the test with Medicspot after we arrive in London, or should I make the appointment while still in the U.S.? We arrive in London on Friday.

7 hours ago, techteach said:

We’ll need to test in London in December prior to a Thursday TA. Do you think I can wait and book the test with Medicspot after we arrive in London, or should I make the appointment while still in the U.S.? We arrive in London on Friday.

I'm a belt and braces sort of person. If you want a f2f appointment, I'd book it now, and then I'd check on the appointment nearer the time to ensure its still booked.

Before we discovered remote testing/ certificate in around 20 mins delivered to your Smart phone or iPad, we booked way in advance for a f2f LFT.

Could you sign up for similar and have the kit delivered to your address in London?

7 hours ago, techteach said:

I wouldn’t book anything until a month before in case the requirements change again.