Main Dining room and an 11 yr old picky eater

flifish64

We will be traveling with our 11 yr old granddaughter and her parents and would like to eat dinner in the main dining room.

Are her only options what is offered on the menu 

Edited by flifish64

• flifish64 changed the title to Main Dining room and an 11 yr old picky eater
12 minutes ago, flifish64 said:

Are her only options what is offered on the menu 

What sort of food would she consider enjoyable?

If it is a question of leaving things off the plate or adding something to it that they will have elsewhere on the menu they will try to be accommodating, but ultimately that is really what Ocean's is for...

Yes, she has more options than what is on the menu. For instance, there is always plain white rice, French fries, baked potatoes and mashed potatoes and pasta plain, with butter, tomato sauce or macaroni and cheese. These might not be on the menu every night.  I also can get a salad of just lettuce and cucumbers. I eat like s picky kid (as do other adults) and never have a problem.  If your waiter is new/unhelpful ask for a different waiter the following night. 

Edited by JFontaine
Clarity
  • Like 1

My parents always took us cruises when I was that age as I was a very fussy eater. They used to always ask for menus in advance and if nothing I would eat they would ask the maitre d' and they'd always make me something different. Across various cruise lines this was never once an issue and I am assuming these days it still isn't. 

We are travelling with our 9 month old jn a few weeks and we spoke to celebrity and were told they will always provide us blended and mashed plain food and to speak to dining staff after boarding. 

36 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Yes, she has more options than what is on the menu. For instance, there is always plain white rice, French fries, baked potatoes and mashed potatoes and pasta plain, with butter, tomato sauce or macaroni and cheese. These might not be on the menu every night.  I also can get a salad of just lettuce and cucumbers. I eat like s picky kid (as do other adults) and never have a problem.  If your waiter is new/unhelpful ask for a different waiter the following night. 

Thank you this was very helpful

• Thanks 1

I am an adult fussy eater and often get quite anxious. But, I never have a problem.  They will always accommodate me, by either leaving my food plain, or as someone else said I can ask for other things like fries, baked potato, steamed veg,  plain fish. I have a long list of things I won’t eat and always ask what is in a dish.   I never go hungry! 

• Like 1