Why doesn't Celebrity have coffee makers in their verandas?

fstuff1

26 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

hm.. never thought of viniger/water mix,

for ncl and land hotels with coffee makers in room, i just run once with just water before making my coffee for the rest of the stay.

The vinegar solution is primarily to avoid hard water scale buildup in the coffee maker.  That's not something we've had an issue with aboard, especially on certain longer journeys where an increasing percentage of the potable water is being generated on the ship.

6 hours ago, gold1953 said:

I have sailed from there and there was no kettle , tea or coffee

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

hm.. never thought of viniger/water mix,

for ncl and land hotels with coffee makers in room, i just run once with just water before making my coffee for the rest of the stay.

Hi 

There was on Silhouette out of Southampton in April.

Photographic evidence……

E17A040E-BBDA-479D-BE37-90EA63D3CF2E.webp.9bfaafccb2ba9b162e75a3b08ccecee6.webp

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

20 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

that looks like tea?

i want coffee 😛

Hi

The coffee sachets are behind the tea bags,,,,Nescafé original and decaf.

Sometimes maybe Kenco.

As I drink Lactose free milk and my wife drinks Soya we get a glass of each from the Oceanview and keep it in the frig.

ps I believe Celebrity put kettles in cabins on sailings from the UK because Brits love their morning cuppa tea,

To be honest this Brit hates tea.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

55 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

And I agree completely! Bury All black pudding deep in a bog!

den

Hi den

No need to Bury them,you could cremate them and put them on the plate alongside American bacon,or what we in the UK call ‘port scratchings’.

3 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi den

No need to Bury them,you could cremate them and put them on the plate alongside American bacon,or what we in the UK call ‘port scratchings’.

IIRC, it's called "streaky" there.

17 hours ago, Denny01 said:

On a South American cruise I got introduced to Pisco Sours;  

den

I had many Pisco Sours while in Peru.....but still want that one cup of coffee when I wake up.....😁

On 6/7/2022 at 5:44 AM, chemmo said:

I am sure she appreciates it! Earns you points in the ‘best husband’ awards….Bringing her an afternoon Martini adds more points…

You must know my husband. 😊

Besides a fire hazard I could see drain issues as people would be dumping the grounds down the sink drain.   The wet grounds would also cause a mess in the waste baskets

You are on vacation and paid a lot for a cruise.  Use room service. It is available at no charge 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, miched said:

Besides a fire hazard I could see drain issues as people would be dumping the grounds down the sink drain.   The wet grounds would also cause a mess in the waste baskets

You are on vacation and paid a lot for a cruise.  Use room service. It is available at no charge 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1) No fire hazard.

2) The Lavaza units used by Celebrity take something akin to a K-Cup, and these units 'store' the spent cartridges in a 'box' inside devoted to this.  The cabin steward (or the guest) just pulls out the 'box' and dumps the results in the bag lined trash can.  No issues.

At the risk of becoming involved in TMI, but since no one has brought up the obvious, some people have specific reasons for wanting to fire up a cup or two first thing in the morning, at whatever time they choose to arise, to get the day started. 

Some of us don't leave the cabin in the morning until after we've showered, and on a given day (especially on a TA with a lot of sea days with no special morning commitments) may have no advance idea when we will be getting out of bed.  Some of us also have other morning habits that we prefer to precede the shower, and coffee can facilitate this.

Being able to run our own morning schedule without waiting for someone else to become involved in coffee delivery is a real convenience, even when on vacation.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

on ncl, it's single serve pods but not kcup style.

grounds are self contained

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Some of us don't leave the cabin in the morning until after we've showered, and on a given day (especially on a TA with a lot of sea days with no special morning commitments) may have no advance idea when we will be getting out of bed.  Some of us also have other morning habits that we prefer to precede the shower, and coffee can facilitate this.

And some of us travel with instant coffee, so that we're all set for such things even if there is a coffee maker in the hotel or cruiseship room (because many of them still aren't very good, even if they are there).  My favorite is Medalgia d'Oro because I'm more an espresso guy, but I also use Starbucks Via packets when I don't care to travel with the bulk of the jar.

There's a lot of good instant coffee out there, and the tap in the bathroom gets plenty hot.

If you're an espresso guy, and you do happen to land a Lavaza aboard Celebrity, I think you'd enjoy that coffee. 

Anyway, my reply was in response to all of the 'have it delivered' comments.  Not knowing exactly when I might want it on a given morning and not wanting to wait for it so as to 'get my day started' is why I prefer to use the in-cabin machine rather than ordering via room service.

I have the Via tubes for emergencies (like when I'm working in the office at the P.D. and the resident pot of coal tar has been sitting on the burner for four hours), but haven't taken them traveling before.  Not bad for iced coffee, either, once you get it properly dissolved in cold water (in a jar with much agitation).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

If you're an espresso guy, and you do happen to land a Lavaza aboard Celebrity, I think you'd enjoy that coffee.

I do like it, and I'm rather pleased when I find one in the room (as long as they give me enough of the pods that I like 😁).  I still bring the instant, though, because it's just become a part of my travel kit. 

Toss a handful or two of the Via packets in a baggie and toss that in your carryon, and you're good to go, no matter what comes.

21 hours ago, DCPIV said:

And some of us travel with instant coffee

hm.. i think either the buffet or spa cafe has instant coffee.

so that electric kettle could work for me

Edited by fstuff1

On 6/8/2022 at 5:09 PM, JeanieC,Aston said:

<snip>

To be honest this Brit hates tea.

Hello,

To say I hate tea is putting it a bit strong. I only drink it once or twice a year when calling into Madeira and taking Tea at Reid's Hotel.

Regards,

Cublet

On 6/8/2022 at 6:58 PM, canderson said:

IIRC, it's called "streaky" there.

Hello,

Perhaps you would be so good as to explain something to me.

There were many more cuts of bacon than we have in the UK now,  predominantly 'Back' and 'Streaky' - one of the missing cuts is 'middle cut' that is the back and streaky still joined.

Whenever I see 'American' bacon in the Oceanview cafe or wherever, I always wonder what has happened to the 'back' bacon  bit of the animal? Does it have another life in another dish elsewhere?

Appreciate your responses.

Regards,

Cublet

21 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Is it delivered in a thermal carafe so it isn't luke warm?

I got a carafe every morning and never had an issue of luke warm coffee.

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Perhaps you would be so good as to explain something to me.

There were many more cuts of bacon than we have in the UK now,  predominantly 'Back' and 'Streaky' - one of the missing cuts is 'middle cut' that is the back and streaky still joined.

Whenever I see 'American' bacon in the Oceanview cafe or wherever, I always wonder what has happened to the 'back' bacon  bit of the animal? Does it have another life in another dish elsewhere?

Appreciate your responses.

Regards,

Cublet

Fully understand.  Not a butcher, though, so don't know what cut the back winds up in!

23 hours ago, cublet said:

Whenever I see 'American' bacon in the Oceanview cafe or wherever, I always wonder what has happened to the 'back' bacon  bit of the animal?

If I were crew, I'd happily have it in the crew mess!

On 6/6/2022 at 2:23 PM, DCPIV said:

If I had a dollar for everyone I knew that travelled with an Aeropress, I could just live on the cruise ship year 'round.

Count me in.   Even with a Premium Package and a Coffee Maker in our RS I bring my own Bodum Travel Press.    I like my specific coffee blend and while I'm OK with the Nespresso Pods coffee their  isn't my favorite.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 10:23 PM, upwarduk said:

The Hideaway

Is it operational again? It wasn’t last summer.

Hello,

It is there, on and working today 12th June.

The fact that people don’t seem able to see, and use, the trash can next to it is another matter.

Regards,

Cublet