drink package

JohnnyPro44

On 6/10/2022 at 6:48 PM, SeeSun&Sea said:

Consider upgrading from the included Signature Beverage Package to the Elite Beverage Package for $10 more per day. This gives you unlimited soda, coffee and personal bottles of water (but not 32 oz bottles) plus 15 alcoholic drinks priced up to $15 each (instead of Signature's $11 limit)

Once onboard, BEFORE YOU BUY A DRINK, ask the bar tender to upgrade your Beverage Package.

I am looking at upgrading to the Elite Beverage Package from the signature in my HIA promotion.  I just took a look at the description of the Elite Beverage Package and it looks as if it has changed from unlimited soft drinks and 15 alcohol drinks to the same wording as the signature package with it being a total of 15 drinks a day soft drinks and alcohol.  It looks like the only difference between the two now is that elite has a $15 limit and Signature is $11.  Is this correct or am I looking at something else on the web site?

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

Daniel, unfortunately you are correct.  15 drinks total, alcohol or not.  This is one change that kind of frys me.

Thanks for your quick reply.  I am aware of the change in wording on the website.  I'm hoping some dolt just copied and pasted the information for the Signature Package into the website description of the Elite Package only changing the dollar limit and not the unlimited soft drinks.  Has anybody actually encountered on board the difference?

31 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks for your quick reply.  I am aware of the change in wording on the website.  I'm hoping some dolt just copied and pasted the information for the Signature Package into the website description of the Elite Package only changing the dollar limit and not the unlimited soft drinks.  Has anybody actually encountered on board the difference?

The limit is 15 drinks, alcoholic or not, on the SBP. There are several ways they remind of it. This has been reported in several threads here on the drink packages over the last 8 or so months, certainly since the change which happened around the cruise restart.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

The limit is 15 drinks, alcoholic or not, on the SBP. There are several ways they remind of it. This has been reported in several threads here on the drink packages over the last 8 or so months, certainly since the change which happened around the cruise restart.

I'm aware of the pre-existing 15 drink total limit for the SBP, the question is whether or not it now also applies to the Elite Beverage Package.  Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

It doesn't apply to the Elite, last I heard.

Thanks, they have a new description of the Elite package on HAL website - it doesn't mention anything about unlimited soft drinks anymore.  I'm hoping it is a typo rather than a change in the T&C of the Elite package.  

Some people have suggested getting a beverage card and using that for soft drinks which would save the 15 drink limit for the SBP's alcohol beverages.  Since I've never sailed HAL before, I don't know how to  get such a card.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

41 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks, they have a new description of the Elite package on HAL website - it doesn't mention anything about unlimited soft drinks anymore.  I'm hoping it is a typo rather than a change in the T&C of the Elite package.  

Some people have suggested getting a beverage card and using that for soft drinks which would save the 15 drink limit for the SBP's alcohol beverages.  Since I've never sailed HAL before, I don't know how to  get such a card.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Have never obtained a beverage card. But what we do is stockpile waters and soft drinks on the first day aboard, and on excursion days, if we are concerned about having enough "room" in our drink plan on sea days, as we both drink a few soft drinks during the day. We also just fill water bottles from the tap, the water is fine. No way are we going to drink 15 alcoholic beverages in a day.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I was on the Zaandam may 28 to Jun 4. They would not allow me to upgrade to the elite package (ymmv). I purchased a drink card at the ocean bar, ended up I really didn't need it, never got near the 15 drinks a day. I used about $10 of it on coffee the first day. The last night of the cruise I brought it to guest services and they refunded the balance that I hadn't used. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, electro said:

I was on the Zaandam may 28 to Jun 4. They would not allow me to upgrade to the elite package (ymmv). I purchased a drink card at the ocean bar, ended up I really didn't need it, never got near the 15 drinks a day. I used about $10 of it on coffee the first day. The last night of the cruise I brought it to guest services and they refunded the balance that I hadn't used. 

Do you know if you need to purchase the drink card on embarkation day of can you purchase it if it looks like you would want one later on?  How much do they charge for the drink card, do you recall?

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Do you know if you need to purchase the drink card on embarkation day of can you purchase it if it looks like you would want one later on?  How much do they charge for the drink card, do you recall?

I purchased mine on the first day but I think you can get them any time. They come in $50 and $100 denominations. they will refund whatever is not used on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The SBP includes the Quench package still?  According to the FAQ on the HAL site it does. The quench package includes unlimited coffees, juices, Coke products and Water?

I see on the Beverages page that it indicates 15 max beverages.  Shame on them if they have, in fact, made that change. Needless to say we will make sure to get our 30 beverages a day and save them for a thirsty day.  I may need to bring an empty suitcase to take home my Diet Coke stash.

image.png.3554ad4efb15b47b22a2fdb09b4c3070.png

We are doing our first HAL cruise in decades in December.  We have been using Princess since about 1990.  This "Have it All" and beverage package is very sad, compared to Princess.

On the Princess Plus program, for a cost of about $50 PP/PD, you get the drink package (15 drinks up to $12) ALL of your non-alcoholic drinks and ALL of your fancy coffees, WiFi and your crew tips.  All for about $50 per day.  

Not sure why they offer such vastly different programs on these two sister-lines.

• Like 1