Elite Benefits

amajaa

On 6/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, Astro Flyer said:

We got stuck with 1700 dining when the DMW mishandled our reservations

I'm confused. Why didn't you just show up when you wanted to eat? (asks someone who still does ATD without entering anything in DMW but also gets same table 90% of time) 

On 6/8/2022 at 12:21 PM, MissP22 said:

The invitation we received said formal but my husband never pays much attention to that anyway. 

We were 3rd MTP on 2 Emerald cruises b2b.  Wasn't expecting that so nothing packed remotely formal - just what we wore to the luncheon.  The L&E Manager insisted we go but I felt underdressed.  Ladies at least had their "Sunday best" and men with at least a shirt and tie.  Due to Covid, you met the Captain and had pictures before the doors opened and only stood at your chair when they announced the top 3.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm confused. Why didn't you just show up when you wanted to eat? (asks someone who still does ATD without entering anything in DMW but also gets same table 90% of time) 

Because we wanted to be guaranteed of having the same servers & table for two we had during the first week of our B2B cruises at 1800. On the 2nd cruise it was changed to 1700 despite the staff at the entrance stating nothing would change. Our options were to have the same staff & table for two at 1700 or another dining room at 1840 or later at a shared table.

It was our attempt to as closely as possible recreate the missing traditional dining experience which with DMW is quite challenging. Our reservations were made 9 months in advance & were there until boarding when both weeks were changed due to the unreliable DMW system…does that address your confusion.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

We were 3rd MTP on 2 Emerald cruises b2b.  Wasn't expecting that so nothing packed remotely formal - just what we wore to the luncheon.  The L&E Manager insisted we go but I felt underdressed.  Ladies at least had their "Sunday best" and men with at least a shirt and tie.  Due to Covid, you met the Captain and had pictures before the doors opened and only stood at your chair when they announced the top 3.

Amazing. We have probably been to at least 10 MTP lunches and I have never worn a tie. Heck I don’t even bring a tie anymore 

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

Amazing. We have probably been to at least 10 MTP lunches and I have never worn a tie. Heck I don’t even bring a tie anymore 

No we dont  wear a tie to the luncheon -ever.   The shirt and tie is now my husbands formal attire with black  dress pants which he only wears if we think we will be in top 3. Other than that function  , we skip anything  with the word formal attached to it or even the MDR

Edited by coo359a2

As mentioned Elite canapé typically have an order form that you fill out the night before indicating which ones you would like and delivery time. However, I am currently on Caribbean Princess and instead of Canapé we have been receiving 4 small chocolates each formal night.

23 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

As mentioned Elite canapé typically have an order form that you fill out the night before indicating which ones you would like and delivery time. However, I am currently on Caribbean Princess and instead of Canapé we have been receiving 4 small chocolates each formal night.

Never got any orders sheets on the Majestic last month. Stuff just showed up whenever

12 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

That wasn't an option on the Enchanted.