Arrivcan

Coupe

Someone in another thread stated that if you are entering Canada a day early you need to fill out a separate Arrivcan after you arrive in Canada. Does anyone have experience with this or can  you point to a place where this is in writing?

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Does Princess advise passengers about Arrivcan? We are cruising New York to Quebec and would not have known about this if we had not seen it here on CC.

We are on the Aug 5-15 Quebec to New York cruise and under the Itinerary tab in my Cruise Personalizer for this cruise it does indicate the need to complete ArriveCan. I have the ArriveCan app on my phone and had to use it for a visit to my family in Canada this past December. 

Notifications

COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT

Please be advised that guests 5 years and older on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the following requirements: - have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and produce proof of vaccination at terminal check-in. Boosters are recommended for eligible guests at least seven days before embarkation. - produce acceptable proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation (for guests 2 years and older). For required timing and details, please visit https://*****/pcl_ustest - complete ArriveCAN at https://*****/arrivecan within 72 hours of your cruise embarkation and enter proof of vaccination and travel information.
Travel requirements are subject to change and vary by destination. Check our CruiseHealth FAQs (https://*****/pcl_usfaq), Princess communications and official government sites often for specifics for your voyage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Does Princess advise passengers about Arrivcan? We are cruising New York to Quebec and would not have known about this if we had not seen it here on CC.

Yes.  In the travel summary for my AK cruise it is specified in the “Canadian Visa Requirements’ section.  Also in the personalizer for my cruise at the top of the page is a big red “update” which takes you to cruise health page where you can access the FAQ’s for US and Canada sailings under before you sail”health questionnaire and documentation”. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, Coupe said:

Someone in another thread stated that if you are entering Canada a day early you need to fill out a separate Arrivcan after you arrive in Canada. Does anyone have experience with this or can  you point to a place where this is in writing?

The requirement for a second ArriveCAN after arriving in Canada applies even if you fly in on the day of the cruise. See Government of Canada details on Cruise Ship Travel.

"If you're entering Canada to board a cruise ship: you're required to use ArriveCAN prior to boarding your flight or before entering Canada by land and you may be selected to take an arrival test."

"Before boarding your cruise ship: all travellers must submit their embarkation test information into ArriveCAN within 72 hours of boarding a cruise, including Canadians and those who just used ArriveCAN to enter Canada."

Since you can only have one active ArriveCAN at a time, you have to enter your flight information before entering Canada and then your embarkation information after arriving in Canada.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Yes.  Check your Travel Summary.  It is under - Canada Visa Requirements. Will be cruising from NY to Canada and back to NY

3 hours ago, bagney said:

We are on the Aug 5-15 Quebec to New York cruise and under the Itinerary tab in my Cruise Personalizer for this cruise it does indicate the need to complete ArriveCan. I have the ArriveCan app on my phone and had to use it for a visit to my family in Canada this past December. 

Notifications

COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT

28 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Yes.  Check your Travel Summary.  It is under - Canada Visa Requirements. Will be cruising from NY to Canada and back to NY

Thanks to both of you I did see it, I had not looked far enough, 😞

26 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

It might be too late to change this thread title?

Its spelled ArriveCAN

😉

Click on the 3 dots of the OP post (#1).  Choose "Report"; then choose Post is okay but I want to notify .. or whatever the words are.  Then enter your suggestion.

On 6/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, Tedferg said:

Yes, we were notified in the special requirements on our booking.