Carnival Elation - your thoughts on this ship?

codeyell0

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Here are 3 of the Elation's sister ships in the scrap yard at Alang, Turkey. A picture is worth a thousand words.

What happens to old cruise ships including giant 'graveyards' with hundreds  of vessels - Mirror Online

I zoomed in on that midship photo just to take a look at those three guys working on the mid deck.

amazing work for sure.

Sailed Elation in April. Sea was calm entire cruise and was one of smoothest cruises we've had. Food was good. Staff was great. We aren't in to all the crazy activities, so we got just what we expected - a  nice and relaxing vacation. I would do it again without hesitation.

• Like 2

we took the family on a 4 nighter on the Elation and we had a lovely time.  

yeah, i would have preferred the Horizon or Breeze, etc, but the old ship was quaint.  it did the job.  

food was good, drinks were good, staff was great. i missed the Dive In movie screen but otherwise i was pretty satisfied with the ship.  everyone had fun.  

Guest BasicSailor

🤣

19 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I have sailed on the Elation twice and really enjoyed it. She is small compared to the 21st century monster ships but she me she is the right size. It depends on what you are wanting out of a cruise. 

🤣 As long as she floats  😇.

Edited by BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Excuse my typo my dyslexia is out coming. 

You should read some of the things I post 😉 I laugh at mine as well. Thank goodness for the edit option.

Op, I have sailed on both the Elation and Mardi Gras this year.  As some have mentioned, your experience is in part based on your expectation.  One is the newest ship on their fleet, with all the best bells and whistles.  The other has been recently upgraded (we were in a cabin that was aded aft top deck.  We loved both ships and the experience on both.  One had less things to do and food experiences, but cost much less.

• Like 2

We sailed on Elation for 4 cruises, b2bs, over New Year’s. We had a good time, in spite of the masks. The staff and crew were happy to be back. It’s easy to imagine that they would wear down after super extended contracts and short coverage. But, in January, Elation was fun. 

3 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

We sailed on Elation for 4 cruises, b2bs, over New Year’s. We had a good time, in spite of the masks. The staff and crew were happy to be back. It’s easy to imagine that they would wear down after super extended contracts and short coverage. But, in January, Elation was fun. 

And very possibly the largest Alchemy bar in the fleet

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
On 6/9/2022 at 4:01 PM, jimbo5544 said:

And very possibly the largest Alchemy bar in the fleet

But she's old, older than dirt 😆

When my husband and I cruise, we do so for relaxation.  Having said that, we don't need splash areas, waterslides, roller coasters, etc.  We love the Fantasy class, older, smaller ships.  However, if traveling with the grown kids and grandkids, the other offerings are utilized and appreciated.  It's all about the kind of vacation you are looking for.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am a small ship fan. Was on Elation last fall for a short cruise and going again this fall. Elation is a beautiful ship for fans of smaller ships who don’t care for the mega ship genre. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, conwakr said:

I am a small ship fan. Was on Elation last fall for a short cruise and going again this fall. Elation is a beautiful ship for fans of smaller ships who don’t care for the mega ship genre. 

I concur.  

Only thing i really missed was dive in theatre.  And maybe the ship map channel (might be confusing Elation for ncl sky, however, on the second thing) 

Loved the different vibe and feel to the ship.