Medallion app has incorrect Captain Circle Status

Buckeye10640

Wondered if anyone has experienced this. I reached Platinum status after my May cruise and I see this in my online account.  But the app still shows me as Ruby and my medallion order form shows Ruby. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the app to refresh the data but no change. Now I wouldnt really care about 'status' except for a couple things. 1) we are on what looks like a pretty full ship later this year and I wanted to make specialty dining reservations before final payment. 2) my understanding is Platinum can get priority boarding and I want to board as early as possible to try and reserve the Sanctuary (let me know if I am wrong about this priority boarding, I will be in Ft Lauderdale). 

If I wait a bit longer might the app magically correct my info and let me make dining reservations before payment? Or will it forever remember I was Ruby when I booked this cruise!

We are in the same position, having just reached elite.  We called Princess after our last cruise and they changed all future bookings to show elite (which it does on the website).  On the app, I show elite, but DH shows blue!  He called the medallion helpline and they said they would order his medallion as elite and change the app.  The app still shows blue.  

We pick up our medallions at the port as we are In Canada, so will have to wait and see.  Fortunately pre-cruise I can access the booking to sort out our dining and will get priority boarding.  We suspect we will get a blue and black medallion at the port.  We will go to guest services when on board to get it changed.

And you should have priority boarding as platinum, get your status changed for the website and print your travel summary to take with you.  That will show correct status.

For the dining reservations, maybe another member can chime in.

Edited by Sarnia 432
  • Like 1

We have been elite for some time. Our previous cruises this year showed elite status on the medallion app. However, our July cruise shows "blue" medallion on the ocean medallion app as if we had never cruised. The blue medallion is the tiny one next to the photo. I contacted ocean medallion help desk both by email and phone and they said it would be "elevated" as they could not fix it. I only need it fixed so I can purchase wifi at the elite discounted price. If all else fails I will order wifi at the regular price and get OBC for the 50% off once we are onboard. Just another glitch in their system! Our medallion order form does show black medallions.

• Thanks 1

Same problem.  Medallion support said sent ticket to technical? So who knows when it might be corrected.  Medallions themselves on earlier cruise were correct level.  I am not looking forward to  having to go to guest services to get the 50% as OBC which hopefully will be refundable. Maybe crew chat will do it?

a) If you have a cruise booked and then reach a higher CC level before the cruise, the booking is not automatically updated to reflect the new status. The app is not looking at your true status, only the status associated with that booking. The solution is to call Princess and request that the info in the booking be updated.

b) Some people who have reported going from a higher CC status to blue found that they somehow had been assigned a new CC number which, of course, had no previous cruises in its record. Solution is to call Princess and have the correct CC number applied to the cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

We pick up our medallions at the port as we are In Canada, so will have to wait and see.

Something to consider for PE departures, if interested.  I have Medallions shipped to our pre-cruise hotel in FLL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, caribill said:

a) If you have a cruise booked and then reach a higher CC level before the cruise, the booking is not automatically updated to reflect the new status. The app is not looking at your true status, only the status associated with that booking. The solution is to call Princess and request that the info in the booking be updated.

This sounds like it should work, in theory.  But I notice that @Sarnia 432 , mentioned in Post #2 that they had Princess update all their bookings to reflect Elite level, but still no change in MC App.  I am guessing that such a change in POLAR to the res doesn't trigger an update/refresh to the MC App database.

Edited by Steelers36

We’re having the same problem. We reached platinum after our spring cruise. Our captains circle history shows us both as platinum. But when I went to order our medallions I was platinum but DH was still ruby. I was on the phone for almost 2 hours trying to get it corrected. After 45 mins of total frustration she put me on hold and said she need to speak to somebody else. She came back and said that the other person said we didn’t qualify because we only have 4 cruises. I said our CC history shows 5 which is correct. I told her I had my history in front of me and it clearly said 5 cruise, 38 days, platinum. She said I was wrong, and there was nothing she could do. I gave up and emailed the CC desk, and who knows if I’ll get a reply. We’ve got so many issues on this upcoming cruise and we can’t get anyone to help with anything. Very frustrated….like a lot of you.

48 minutes ago, roamerfromtexas said:

Same problem.  Medallion support said sent ticket to technical? So who knows when it might be corrected.  Medallions themselves on earlier cruise were correct level.  I am not looking forward to  having to go to guest services to get the 50% as OBC which hopefully will be refundable. Maybe crew chat will do it?

Same problem.  Showed correct level on my last cruise and then incorrect (blue) for my future cruises on the app, hence no 50% off on internet prepurchase or making dinner reservations.  No response from the Medallion team for over 1.5 months now.

8 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Wondered if anyone has experienced this. I reached Platinum status after my May cruise and I see this in my online account.  But the app still shows me as Ruby and my medallion order form shows Ruby. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the app to refresh the data but no change. Now I wouldnt really care about 'status' except for a couple things. 1) we are on what looks like a pretty full ship later this year and I wanted to make specialty dining reservations before final payment. 2) my understanding is Platinum can get priority boarding and I want to board as early as possible to try and reserve the Sanctuary (let me know if I am wrong about this priority boarding, I will be in Ft Lauderdale). 

If I wait a bit longer might the app magically correct my info and let me make dining reservations before payment? Or will it forever remember I was Ruby when I booked this cruise!

Have you tried accessing the app through the website?  If it's correct on there it might let you book dining.  Worth a try.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, suekel said:

Have you tried accessing the app through the website?  If it's correct on there it might let you book dining.  Worth a try.  

Brilliant idea!  I had never used the new web version. It recognized both my updated status AND my dining credit as well.  Success! Thank you for that suggestion. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sarnia 432 said:

What is the web address?

Login to princess.com.

Pull up your booking in Cruise Personalizer.

In small type, there is a link "Try our Web Version" below the icons for downloading the MC App for Android and Apple.

This is the linked URL:  https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

Once there, you have to login again as there is no single-signon support with Princess.

1 minute ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Thanks @Steelers36 @Buckeye10640

I followed your link, but the medallion is still blue not black.  Sounds like they still have a problem!

Well, it is really just another avenue into the MC system, so I am not surprised.  Based on other CC members posting on Princess board, it seems very challenging to get this fixed and many reports of what I would call non-responsive OCEAN reps.  It seems to be this HAS to be a VERY well-known issue at this point and so I am somewhat surprised when reps seem to react like it isn't endemic in the system. 

I do know if I was blocked from booking dining, I'd be raising holy hell with them because I would be being penalized from getting dining which disappears by the week with more guests using it.  I'd also be upset about my advance internet booking, but at least that could wait until much closer to sail date.  But not DMW - especially after FP Date when everyone and their uncle can book dining.

1 hour ago, curlywigg said:

We’re having the same problem. We reached platinum after our spring cruise. Our captains circle history shows us both as platinum. But when I went to order our medallions I was platinum but DH was still ruby. I was on the phone for almost 2 hours trying to get it corrected. After 45 mins of total frustration she put me on hold and said she need to speak to somebody else. She came back and said that the other person said we didn’t qualify because we only have 4 cruises. I said our CC history shows 5 which is correct. I told her I had my history in front of me and it clearly said 5 cruise, 38 days, platinum. She said I was wrong, and there was nothing she could do. I gave up and emailed the CC desk, and who knows if I’ll get a reply. We’ve got so many issues on this upcoming cruise and we can’t get anyone to help with anything. Very frustrated….like a lot of you.

You certainly spent a lot of time and energy getting something that could have been sorted at checkin in a minute or two.  Just bring a copy of your cruise history.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You certainly spent a lot of time and energy getting something that could have been sorted at checkin in a minute or two.  Just bring a copy of your cruise history.

Thanks, I’ll try that if CC help desk is actually no help. 😉 

I reported the status going from Platinum to Blue & it was corrected right after.  It Did not change Captain Circle number.this is a 

glitch right now

this was causing cabin mate to pay higher price for Platinum insurance.

27 minutes ago, dog said:

I reported the status going from Platinum to Blue & it was corrected right after.  It Did not change Captain Circle number.this is a 

glitch right now

this was causing cabin mate to pay higher price for Platinum insurance.

I am thinking a lot of Princess customers would love to have their issues solved as easily as yours seem to be.  Lucky guy.

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking a lot of Princess customers would love to have their issues solved as easily as yours seem to be.  Lucky guy.

You betcha!

very helpful observation by you!

Edited by dog

10 minutes ago, donswife said:

I can't even find my status in the app. 😆

Do you have to go to the Medallion order tab to see it?

• Login to MC App.
  • Tap on your Profile Photo at top left of main screen.
  • (There is a yellow dot in upper right corner of your photo which indicates you are not on a ship; otherwise green).
  • Next, a new window panel opens from the left side of the screen.
  • Your profile photo now has your Name beside it and on the right edge of the photo, left of your name, is your Captain's Circle emblem.  Color should match your member level (in my case it is black for Elite).

• Thanks 1