Minimum 5 Excursions - 25% Off

billrco90278

It should be pointed out that it's not always 5. It depends on the length of the cruise and number of ports. If I'm not mistaken 5 is about a starting point, many cruises will require more to get the 25% discount. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ORV said:

It should be pointed out that it's not always 5. It depends on the length of the cruise and number of ports. If I'm not mistaken 5 is about a starting point, many cruises will require more to get the 25% discount. 

For my upcoming cruise, the minimum is 4 to get the 25% discount.  It depends on the length of the cruise. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

For my upcoming cruise, the minimum is 4 to get the 25% discount.  It depends on the length of the cruise. 

Again, if you chose O Life excursions option, the allowable selections you make may satisfy your YWYW minimum number required on your cruise. In that case, anything you add to your selections will have the 25% discount.

Listen: The O website Cart is notorious for being twitchy and, in any case, if you use the Cart, you will not be mailed the detailed math doc I’ve described elsewhere (which is essential should you want to double check math should O cancel tours once onboard). Buy the tours directly from an O rep who agrees beforehand to send you the “pre-purchased shore excursions” pdf. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Again, if you chose O Life excursions option, the allowable selections you make may satisfy your YWYW minimum number required on your cruise. In that case, anything you add to your selections will have the 25% discount.

Listen: The O website Cart is notorious for being twitchy and, in any case, if you use the Cart, you will not be mailed the detailed math doc I’ve described elsewhere (which is essential should you want to double check math should O cancel tours once onboard). Buy the tours directly from an O rep who agrees beforehand to send you the “pre-purchased shore excursions” pdf. 

I don't know how this works if you purchase O Life excursions. In our particular case, we did not choose that. We purchased our excursions a couple of days ago online and it was remarkably easy. Before we started the selection process, it alerted us to the fact that if we purchase 4 excursions we will get the YWC 25% discount on each.  There was no need to call O directly.  The cart listed in explicit detail the 25% discount on each excursion we purchased. The math was correct. If the cart has been twitchy in the past, I can vouch for it being user-friendly and accurate now. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I don't know how this works if you purchase O Life excursions. In our particular case, we did not choose that. We purchased our excursions a couple of days ago online and it was remarkably easy. Before we started the selection process, it alerted us to the fact that if we purchase 4 excursions we will get the YWC 25% discount on each.  There was no need to call O directly.  The cart listed in explicit detail the 25% discount on each excursion we purchased. The math was correct. If the cart has been twitchy in the past, I can vouch for it being user-friendly and accurate now. 

Not true. The Cart still has its shortcomings (right up until today). For example, if you want to do an early daytime and evening excursion on the same day, it’ll give you a “conflict message.” You have to call. Want to cancel or change a tour? You have to call.  If you are mixing O Life snd paid excursions, the display of pricing on the final cart page will often not jive with reality though the bottom line price will usually be correct. And though not in the Cart itself, there remains the issue of not auto generating the math PDF that will be essential should tours be cancelled onboard and you want to doublecheck destination services math. Want that doc? You need to call or have your TA call or wait u til final docs are sent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not true. The Cart still has its shortcomings (right up until today). For example, if you want to do an early daytime and evening excursion on the same day, it’ll give you a “conflict message.” You have to call. Want to cancel or change a tour? You have to call.  If you are mixing O Life snd paid excursions, the display of pricing on the final cart page will often not jive with reality though the bottom line price will usually be correct. And though not in the Cart itself, there remains the issue of not auto generating the math PDF that will be essential should tours be cancelled onboard and you want to doublecheck destination services math. Want that doc? You need to call or have your TA call or wait u til final docs are sent.

I understand but none of those circumstances apply to my particular purchase. I know that I will have to call if we want to change or cancel.  No need at this point in time to make things more complicated than they have to be. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

How long is your cruise?

One more glitch: If you buy say one shore tour, pay for that, then book more on another day, it will NOT give you the 25% discount. You will need to call O and have them correct it as Flatbush has stated.

Edited by Aloha 1

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

10 days

That's interesting, I'm on a 8 day cruise and it requires 5 to get the 25% discount.

How many ports on yours? Mine has 5 port days.  

Edited by ORV

11 hours ago, bbqoug said:

Our September 10th cruise on Insignia is 11 days.

We have 8 port days at 6 ports.

For us the minimum is 4 excursions purchased to get the 25% discount.

Let me ask a stupid question. That would include the ones you get for Olife? Or is that in addition to the Olife ones. For mine we get 2 Olife excursions per person, then I would have to purchase 3 more per person to get the 25%. 

I see your cruise has 3 olife excursions per person. So are you saying if you take the Olife then you only have to book 1 more per person to get the 25% discount? Or if you didn't take the Olife then if you book 4 excursions you would get it? Or is it a total of 7 per person if you add in the Olife? 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Let me ask a stupid question. That would include the ones you get for Olife? Or is that in addition to the Olife ones. For mine we get 2 Olife excursions per person, then I would have to purchase 3 more per person to get the 25%. 

I see your cruise has 3 olife excursions per person. So are you saying if you take the Olife then you only have to book 1 more per person to get the 25% discount? Or if you didn't take the Olife then if you book 4 excursions you would get it? Or is it a total of 7 per person if you add in the Olife? 

We didn't take the Olife excursion option. We did the drink package instead.

We got the discount by booking 4 excursions. We actually ended up booking 5, but the discount was there once we booked 4.

Excursions.thumb.JPG.9e7365f87c1c3bb8935012359577d1ec.JPG

Edited by bbqoug

Once again (I know it can sound complicated but it isn’t).

YWYW 25% off paid tours occurs when you book the minimum number of tours required per person on your itinerary. And, if you took the O Life tours option, each of those counts towards meeting that minimum.
Soooo, if you get ten O Life tours per cabin on your itinerary (I.e., 5 per person) and YWYW says it requires 10 tours per person, you’ve already got the first 5 per person from the O Life. So, you then have to buy 5 per person fir which you get a 25% discount.

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Once again (I know it can sound complicated but it isn’t).

YWYW 25% off paid tours occurs when you book the minimum number of tours required per person on your itinerary. And, if you took the O Life tours option, each of those counts towards meeting that minimum.
Soooo, if you get ten O Life tours per cabin on your itinerary (I.e., 5 per person) and YWYW says it requires 10 tours per person, you’ve already got the first 5 per person from the O Life. So, you then have to buy 5 per person fir which you get a 25% discount.

Yeah, I'm not sure who doesn't get that. That's not what's trying to be figured out.

Can you explain why BBqoug's cruise requires less to purchase than mine, although their cruise is longer with more port days? My cruise is 8 days with 5 ports, theirs is 11 days with 8 ports. Logically my cruise should require less excursions purchased than theirs to get the discount. Do you see that? Better yet do you understand it? 

Only thing that I can think of is that I booked under the Ultimate and that is being factored in. 

4 hours ago, ORV said:

......Only thing that I can think of is that I booked under the Ultimate and that is being factored in. 

That could be a factor though “ultimate” comes and goes - probably as booking needs vary. A more likely explanation is the nature of the itinerary including the cost/availability of vendors and attractions in particular regions visited. Thus, you might find a better YWYW minimum tour requirement in the “cookie cutter” Caribbean than in the high demand antiquities locations like the Med. 

Or it could be O having some fun by deciding to create another head-scratcher for us.

37 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

That could be a factor though “ultimate” comes and goes - probably as booking needs vary. A more likely explanation is the nature of the itinerary including the cost/availability of vendors and attractions in particular regions visited. Thus, you might find a better YWYW minimum tour requirement in the “cookie cutter” Caribbean than in the high demand antiquities locations like the Med. 

Or it could be O having some fun by deciding to create another head-scratcher for us.

My cruise is a California Coastal, certainly not as many tour options as Caribbean. 

I would think there would be a formula, but there doesn't seem to be one in this case. 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

My cruise is a California Coastal, certainly not as many tour options as Caribbean. 

I would think there would be a formula, but there doesn't seem to be one in this case. 

Depending on the timing of your San Francisco stop, try to have lunch or dinner (and a couple of great cocktails) at The Slanted Door (in the Ferry Building - just a relatively short walk from the ship). Google it and reserve ASAP.

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Depending on the timing of your San Francisco stop, try to have lunch or dinner (and a couple of great cocktails) at The Slanted Door (in the Ferry Building - just a relatively short walk from the ship). Google it and reserve ASAP.

We have a group lunch for Dim Sum on the first day, but we're there two days. Thanks for the recommendation, we'll look in to it.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

We have a group lunch for Dim Sum on the first day, but we're there two days. Thanks for the recommendation, we'll look in to it.

DimSum group lunch? Sounds like you may be on a cruise with everyone’s favorite California Coastal TA.

If you’re doing ship’s tours, there may be an evening one doing the local sights in old VW vans complete with 60’s music. It’s a fun flashback.

Back to Slanted Door for food. Other nearby options include Number 1 Market (foot of Market Street at the Embarcadero- near the Ferry Building) and the Fog City Diner also close to the ship.

Both tourists and locals love Scoma’s at fisherman’s wharf. It IS old San Francisco.

8 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just checked and it says the Slanted Door is closed for renovations until late 2022....😟  we will be there the beginning of September....

Edited by basor