Discovery Princess - Puppies in the Piazza?

dadof2brats

According to a Patter posted from 6/5/22 it is now 'Puppies on Princess ' and was on the pool deck during Skagway. We are on this cruise as well and are counting on it so our granddaughters can see the dogs. We were unable to book any of the sled dog excursions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Senga said:

They had this on our Grand Princess cruise last week and the lines were horrendous!  Since we have a blue-eyed red husky grandpup, we gave it a miss.CA5C99E6-342C-4288-AF03-413FB37D5D7B.thumb.jpeg.1de98c12c4a847678fd69da9e450c414.jpeg

Thank you for posting.  We are on the Grand in July and booked a private tour in the afternoon.  We really wanted to see the puppies but from what I could tell we will be on our tour.  I did think it would be half the ship 500+ people trying to see them.  I guess that was a correct assumption

We were on the Majestic Princess and we had this too.  They brought in two puppies in the pool are (next to Swirls).  The people lined up to sit and hold the puppies for a photo.  Sort of like a Character greeting at Walt Disney World.

5 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Genuine sledders treat their dogs with respect and kindness.  They live indoors and get regular veterinarian care.  They are well fed and happy.  They also happen to love running and pulling a sled.  

I've been to the sled races in Laconia, New Hampshire several times.  Those racing dogs are well treated and shown lots of love.  As you can see by the love they give back to their handlers/owners.

Nothing like Jack London's story.

• Like 1