Cannot upload a PDF Vaccine Certificate to our Medallion App Suggestions welcome

livinforcruisin

Hey CC peeps,

I have been repeatedly trying to upload my NHS covid vaccine pass onto my Medallion App, using my IPhone.  My Vaccine pass is saved to my iCloud Drive as that is all the App keeps asking for, but when I go into upload file, the Covid Pass is greyed out.  Is this because it's a PDF and the Medallion App cannot read PDF's?  I am flumoxed.  I have taken a photograph of the pass and tried to upload that, but it just says, waiting for verification.  I'm now concerned about uploading our pre boarding covid tests as they are time sensitive.  Are there any intrepid people who have this figured out?  Many thanks.

Unfortunately this is common. But no worries. Just bring your card with you. They will probably ask for it anyway. I have all three family members linked to my Medallion account and I uploaded my card effortlessly. But I cannot upload either my wife’s or my daughter’s. Clearly the app needs a tweak. Rest assured that you are not alone but this has not presented a problem for anyone as long as it is a best practice to have your physical card with you when you travel. 

1 hour ago, livinforcruisin said:

Hey CC peeps,

I have been repeatedly trying to upload my NHS covid vaccine pass onto my Medallion App, using my IPhone.  My Vaccine pass is saved to my iCloud Drive as that is all the App keeps asking for, but when I go into upload file, the Covid Pass is greyed out.  Is this because it's a PDF and the Medallion App cannot read PDF's?  I am flumoxed.  I have taken a photograph of the pass and tried to upload that, but it just says, waiting for verification.  I'm now concerned about uploading our pre boarding covid tests as they are time sensitive.  Are there any intrepid people who have this figured out?  Many thanks.

“waiting for verification” is the default note. It’s loaded but you still need to bring the original. 
I cruised a few weeks back and they still ask for your proof of vax, the default note about verification never updated so I’m not entirely sure they are fully using that element yet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, livinforcruisin said:

Hey CC peeps,

search & Order a N H S Covid pass by letter for travel ...easy to do will arrive in 7 days ...done many times ..

has 31 days expiry date ..sometimes paper is good 

Edited by fishnchips
Add on

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

“waiting for verification” is the default note. It’s loaded but you still need to bring the original. 
I cruised a few weeks back and they still ask for your proof of vax, the default note about verification never updated so I’m not entirely sure they are fully using that element yet. 

I think you are totally correct.

I believe this is will eventually take the place of paper, however it does still say you need to show the original vax card from US.  

So, if it doesn’t work, don’t fret, your going to show your card anyway.  We are testing for IT how this works! 😂

I was told by IT last week that they are making updates and it should show

approved prior to boarding, which in my mind, is when they have checked your documents to board.  

If anyone has received an approval on the vax download prior to port day, I’d love to know about it.

JMO

3 hours ago, livinforcruisin said:

Hey CC peeps,

I have a feeling it's not yet tailored for UK specific customers and the status doesn't seem to impact your overall embarkation status yet. In fact, it wasn't needed for our cruise from Southampton last weekend on Sky Princess - they were happy to do a visual check of a printed version of your NHS travel vaccination details and your covid test.  

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dides said:

I have a feeling it's not yet tailored for UK specific customers and the status doesn't seem to impact your overall embarkation status yet. In fact, it wasn't needed for our cruise from Southampton last weekend on Sky Princess - they were happy to do a visual check of a printed version of your NHS travel vaccination details and your covid test.  

I have a feeling….you’re right.  I think it will be really good in the future, when it’s fully implemented.

Cheers

Our's was one of the first cruises after the app update with the "feature" to upload the vaccine card and test results.  I uploaded screenshots of both and had the waiting for verification message up until we boarded.  I asked the representative who was checking us in at the port if she could see these documents on her device and she said no.  She said they didn't have access to that and only "corporate" could see information uploaded in the app.  Unless something changes, uploading this stuff just seems to be a nice to have and perhaps it will speed the embarkation process up that much more when they start using it.  But for now it's just business as usual as it relates to embarkation.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Our's was one of the first cruises after the app update with the "feature" to upload the vaccine card and test results.  I uploaded screenshots of both and had the waiting for verification message up until we boarded.  I asked the representative who was checking us in at the port if she could see these documents on her device and she said no.  She said they didn't have access to that and only "corporate" could see information uploaded in the app.  Unless something changes, uploading this stuff just seems to be a nice to have and perhaps it will speed the embarkation process up that much more when they start using it.  But for now it's just business as usual as it relates to embarkation.

Thanks for that.  Did you notice if it said approved After you boarded?

I believe it is intended for future cruises also.  Once it’s fully operational. 😳

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks for that.  Did you notice if it said approved After you boarded?

I believe it is intended for future cruises also.  Once it’s fully operational. 😳

I didn't check after boarding but it didn't change while waiting to board.  And will the app ever be fully operational?  😆

4 hours ago, livinforcruisin said:

Hey CC peeps,

My Vaccine pass is saved to my iCloud Drive as that is all the App keeps asking for, but when I go into upload file, the Covid Pass is greyed out.  

I only have a vague memory of the details, but I was trying to do something with an iCloud image, and it did not work. I had to download the image to the phone and then it worked. I think I was trying to upload the image to Facebook or perhaps email it to someone. It makes sense to me that the system cannot access an image that is not on the same device as the App.

9 hours ago, livinforcruisin said:

Hey CC peeps,

The problem is the PDF format. Princess don't seem to be able to recognise it and the document has to be in a Jpeg format. I had the same issue when trying to upload mine and my husbands NHS certs for our up coming  July cruise. In the end i had to take a screen shot of the booster page. I managed to get that to upload but it still shows pending... I have a printed copy i plan on taking with us just in case.

I am wondering though what is going to happen when i try to upload the test cert required before boarding. 

Happy sailing x Jules

10 minutes ago, minikiss said:

The problem is the PDF format. Princess don't seem to be able to recognise it and the document has to be in a Jpeg format. I had the same issue when trying to upload mine and my husbands NHS certs for our up coming  July cruise. In the end i had to take a screen shot of the booster page. I managed to get that to upload but it still shows pending... I have a printed copy i plan on taking with us just in case.

I am wondering though what is going to happen when i try to upload the test cert required before boarding. 

Happy sailing x Jules

We are on Enchanted 24th June and I haven't been able to upload vaccination certificates (we don't have a card in UK) there are 3 of them one each for 1st and 2nd vaccinations and another for the booster. As we are already showing as 'green lane'I have decided not to bother trying anymore and just take printed copies with us and same for the test certificate.

1 hour ago, minikiss said:

Happy sailing x Jules

My attempts to upload both jpg and pdf versions have failed. 

• Like 1

Seriously - don’t bother.  I gave up too, there was no blue or green line until you got through the queue into the terminal then the blue was shorter anyway.

Just take the docs,  screen shot or whatever with you and don’t stress.

• Like 1

Just off CB and despite having card loaded , they still requested to see the card.   Also, for  NY residents, the woman we went through would not accept the Excelsior pass.   She insisted on seeing the card.   

53 minutes ago, negn said:

Just off CB and despite having card loaded , they still requested to see the card.   Also, for  NY residents, the woman we went through would not accept the Excelsior pass.   She insisted on seeing the card.   

It does say original vax card on the website, from the US.

I don’t believe this is fully functional yet, but maybe will be used in the future. JMO

Edited by PacnGoNow

Wow,  You guys are all AMAZING. Thank you so much for all the replies.  It has calmed me completely.  I have our paper NHS COVID Pass - Vaccinated which now lasts for 6 months, not the original 30 days.  But I have everything printed off and ready for our June 24th Sailing.  I was concerned about it not accepting an uploaded negative codid test result (fingers crossed) prior to sailing, but once again, I'll fall back to old faithful and have everything in paper copy.

Thanks again everybody.  I just knew that all you Cruise Critic peeps would know the answers.

Happy Sailing one and all.