What is the Royal Genie experience like since Covid

Don't think Quantum will be any different than Anthem or Symphony.  Have sailed on those in Star Class and the genie did everything the same as before covid.  The only difference is that they usually still wear a mask.  However, we are on Quantum Sept. 19 so will see if that is any different experience.

I have done Star Class 4 times since the restart, but all on Oasis class ships. The major difference I've seen is some of the extras haven't been available since the restart such as the special behind the scenes tours they did and the sushi/cupcake classes. Otherwise the program is pretty much the same as it was in 2019.

About the same from my perspective aside from the Genie only wanting to be in your room for like 5 minutes at a time....which was nice change IMO 😉 and room service was handed off at the door...the didn't come in and throw out a table cloth and set seatings.

1 hour ago, screwsmcernst said:

We will have a Royal Genie when we cruise in October on QOTS.  If you have sailed with the genie experience since Quantum started sailing in Alaska, can you share your experience?

I don't think that you'll see much difference. 

wrt room service, they still entered our suite, no hand offs at the door on our last cruise (although the Daily Compass did say "contactless room service")

38 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

here is another star class question re beverages.  If we want a beverage over the $13 price, do we just pay the difference like normal?  Or is there no price limit (within reason) for star class?

We’ve had mixed results with this rule.  Technically, the rule is the same the same for everyone, regardless of what category of room you have.  Any drink over the drink “threshold”; you pay the overage plus 18%, even Star Class.  However, the only time this rule was ever applied to us when we were SC was once, when we went to Vintages, and ordered very expensive glasses of wine.  We were charged for those.  Aside from that one time, we never got a separate bill.  I will also add that we almost never purchased anything that exceeded the threshold, either.  I think Dan got a couple of top level single malt scotches that were a tad above threshold, but it was rare.  So the best mindset is to expect to be charged and be grateful if you are not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We’ve had mixed results with this rule.  Technically, the rule is the same the same for everyone, regardless of what category of room you have.  Any drink over the drink “threshold”; you pay the overage plus 18%, even Star Class.  However, the only time this rule was ever applied to us when we were SC was once, when we went to Vintages, and ordered very expensive glasses of wine.  We were charged for those.  Aside from that one time, we never got a separate bill.  I will also add that we almost never purchased anything that exceeded the threshold, either.  I think Dan got a couple of top level single malt scotches that were a tad above threshold, but it was rare.  So the best mindset is to expect to be charged and be grateful if you are not.

Thanks for that answer.  That is exactly what I was thinking.  Expect to pay the extra, and be happy if it doesn't show up.  😃 I doubt that we will be going over the price threshold very often as well.   

• Like 1