Kotor Ideas??

I have read through many Kotor threads and I am mostly seeing "go to Perast and Lady of the Rocks". We have no interest in churches or Lady of the Rocks. Is there anything else worth seeing in Perast? Youtube videos show lots of churches and a few waterfront restaurants. We are coming on a cruise from 2-8pm. Should we stick by the cruise port and walk around there? Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KarimaJ said:

I have read through many Kotor threads and I am mostly seeing "go to Perast and Lady of the Rocks". We have no interest in churches or Lady of the Rocks. Is there anything else worth seeing in Perast? Youtube videos show lots of churches and a few waterfront restaurants. We are coming on a cruise from 2-8pm. Should we stick by the cruise port and walk around there? Thanks for any help.

If you're not interested in the stunning scenery and old world architecture of Perast and the interesting boat ride to Our Lady of the Rocks, perhaps you could let us know what does interest you so we could provide better recommendations.

• Like 1

The island is nice but certainly not my first recommendation. 

Kotor itself is a beautiful historic walled city. It is rather small and easy to walk with a number of churches ( if it is nothing for you, it still completes the picture) and museums. Even just roaming the alleys and little squares is worthwhile. On your first visit we spend a whole day here, and half of day on the second visit.

More sportive people can climb up the walls and up the hill.

Edited by carlmm
  • Like 1

Yes we are always interested in stunning scenery and architecture. I was asking about Perast town in general. The speedboat tour to the caves sounds interesting. I assume you get to see more nice scenery doing this. We plan to walk around Kotor town of course just wasn’t sure if Perast had any other things to see besides the churches.

Perast isn't actually a town, more of a village with only a few hundred of a population  but quite charming and in a beautiful  scenic location.  You will see it if you are up on deck for the sail in. and will also see "our lady".  You will see other pax on deck taking photos.

So, tiny village but a really nice wee place to stroll both the village and the waterfront. where there are some spots to enjoy a coffee or a drink while you relax and enjoy the view.

Our first time in Kotor we stayed in town.  There are many winding narrow streets and squares to explore and a number of tiny churches, at least one of which might draw you in despite your lack of advance enthusiasm. And a multitude of cafes, bars and restaurants, some within the walls, some just outside them.  And there may be a few superyachts too.

Enjoy the sail in.  It is one of the prettiest I think.

Hi guys. We are all lucky that we are visiting the place like Montenegro. This will be our 3rd time. We did a few different tours there with local guides from Mont Travelers small tour agency. This time we are going to do the tour named the Hidden Gems of Montenegro. This tour isn't something that I would recommend for the firs time visiting but there is more to do around the town and instead visiting churches. We really enjoyed our trio to the mountain Lovcen and visiting small village(forgot the name) for the traditional food tasting and feeling the local spirit. If you really enjoy the wild nature than maybe the tour I booked is good choice for you too. There is a free tour catalogues so you can download it from the website and use it for creating your tour itinerary. These guys did a nice job and I see their website very useful for us. Have fun! 

• Like 1

We decided on a short boat trip to Perast and Lady of the Rock with Montenegrosubmarine then we will play it by ear and maybe walk the walls or just walk around town depending how hot it is and how much energy we have left 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KarimaJ said:

We decided on a short boat trip to Perast and Lady of the Rock with Montenegrosubmarine then we will play it by ear and maybe walk the walls or just walk around town depending how hot it is and how much energy we have left 😁

I am glad you found something you can look forward to. Enjoy!