Summit 7-day 2 “chic casual” days.

barbon2

7 hours ago, barbon2 said:

For those who will return from the Summit 7 day sailing, what nights were the two “casual chic” nights.

Planning out my wardrobe for our upcoming Summit cruise.

Thanks! 

If you know there are two casual chic nights and you are packing for two, does it really matter which two nights?!

• Like 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

If you know there are two casual chic nights and you are packing for two, does it really matter which two nights?!

Actually, I was curious.  I like to figure out which pant or skirt for which night I want to wear.

Perhaps someone else can answer.

Thank you.

25 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Casual chic? What is that?

It’s 2 nights where you get a little more dressed.  Nothing fancy.  I’m used to the term from Oceania’ and the now defunct line Crystal.

Just off Summit.  Chic was 2nd night and next to last night.  Many people were extremely casual every night.  Saw people in MDR in shorts every night.  There were also people who dressed up on chic night. Seems that you can wear whatever you want.  Have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

Just now, barbon2 said:

It’s 2 nights where you get a little more dressed.  Nothing fancy.  I’m used to the term from Oceania’ and the now defunct line Crystal.

Oceania guests usually dress with style.  Some Celebrity guests don’t. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark_K said:

Evening Chic may be the official title, but I’d say Casual Chic is a more accurate description.

Still Casual and chic...sorry to hear they may be blending. 

Chic was not as dressed up as formal, thankfully,  but  being a little  bit special is nice....even when we were in AQ Class most followed that,,,

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Just off Summit.  Chic was 2nd night and next to last night.  Many people were extremely casual every night.  Saw people in MDR in shorts every night.  There were also people who dressed up on chic night. Seems that you can wear whatever you want.  Have a great cruise. 

Thank you for your answer.  I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Oceania guests usually dress with style.  Some Celebrity guests don’t. 

We haven’t done Celebrity in a while.  This is our first cruise since Covid.  We are taking “baby” steps.  We can drive right to Cape Liberty and it goes directly to Bermuda.

We are returning to Oceania for a longer cruise in the winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Still Casual and chic...sorry to hear they may be blending. 

Chic was not as dressed up as formal, thankfully,  but  being a little  bit special is nice....even when we were in AQ Class most followed that,,,

We are in Aqua Class too, and I plan on dressing appropriately.

Thanks

Especially today Celebrity is going to be flexible.  We pack one suitcase and a carryon no matter how long the trip - up to 3 months.  DW brings black or dark silky pants and several nice tops both long and short sleeves.  I wear nice pants, a collared shirt and often a sports coat.  Pretty much the same EVERY night.

Looking like going to McDonald's?  I would not wear shorts to dinner at any nice restaurant at home.  And yes, my 20 something grandkids would and did.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Especially today Celebrity is going to be flexible.  We pack one suitcase and a carryon no matter how long the trip - up to 3 months.  DW brings black or dark silky pants and several nice tops both long and short sleeves.  I wear nice pants, a collared shirt and often a sports coat.  Pretty much the same EVERY night.

Looking like going to McDonald's?  I would not wear shorts to dinner at any nice restaurant at home.  And yes, my 20 something grandkids would and did.

I’m with you.

7 hours ago, Redtravel said:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mcgovernsandra said:

unrelated to the dress code, but can you tell me what time you were allowed to get off the boat upon return to Cape Liberty? We have an early flight and want to make sure we won't have to rebook.  thanks!

Unlike most cruises, they didn’t ask us about our plans after the cruise. On last day, we were given luggage tags and told to put our bags out by 10 pm.  Like everyone near our cabin, We got tags #30.  30 was listed as departing at 9:30.  Asked for lower #. No!  If you want to get off earlier, we were told to drag our own bags off. We let them take our bags since we couldn’t move them ourselves. My spouse has a walker.  Ship didn’t dock until after  8.  When we told to vacate our cabin, we went to deck 4 where we intended to wait. People were crowded, no chairs, many people sitting on floor, etc. we walked off. We waited in the terminal until they unloaded #30 luggage.  We were in our car and on our way by 9.  On previous Summit cruises into Bayonne, we docked earlier.  Don’t know why we docked so late. Good luck getting to your flight.

Presently on the Summit to Bermuda right now. Left on Sunday from NJ. Redtravel is correct. First Evening Chic was last night ( Monday ),  and the next one will be on Friday.  All types of dress was seen from shorts to the one tuxedo that I saw.

Most wore casual summer dresses or knit separates. Some wore dressy pants with glittery tops.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:56 PM, Redtravel said:

Unlike most cruises, they didn’t ask us about our plans after the cruise. On last day, we were given luggage tags and told to put our bags out by 10 pm.  Like everyone near our cabin, We got tags #30.  30 was listed as departing at 9:30.  Asked for lower #. No!  If you want to get off earlier, we were told to drag our own bags off. We let them take our bags since we couldn’t move them ourselves. My spouse has a walker.  Ship didn’t dock until after  8.  When we told to vacate our cabin, we went to deck 4 where we intended to wait. People were crowded, no chairs, many people sitting on floor, etc. we walked off. We waited in the terminal until they unloaded #30 luggage.  We were in our car and on our way by 9.  On previous Summit cruises into Bayonne, we docked earlier.  Don’t know why we docked so late. Good luck getting to your flight.

thank you for the info!  Yes we plan on walking off with our luggage.  Fingers crossed we make the flight

On 6/13/2022 at 12:39 PM, mcgovernsandra said:

unrelated to the dress code, but can you tell me what time you were allowed to get off the boat upon return to Cape Liberty? We have an early flight and want to make sure we won't have to rebook.  thanks!

If customs and immigration clear your ship promptly AND if there are a full staff of officers you should be on the pier before 9am.

Traffic is usually awful M-F.  Plan accordingly. 

Good luck as stressing about making a flight isn't good.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, trivia addict said:

Presently on the Summit to Bermuda right now. Left on Sunday from NJ. Redtravel is correct. First Evening Chic was last night ( Monday ),  and the next one will be on Friday.  All types of dress was seen from shorts to the one tuxedo that I saw.

Most wore casual summer dresses or knit separates. Some wore dressy pants with glittery tops.

Thank you!