Reflection 13th June

B x

On board 11am, quick and efficient and lunch in Luminea which was well staffed.

No ideas on capacity yet but seems busy. Docked across from Beyond and Queen Victoria which looks deserted apart from a handful of crew. 

20220613_105314.jpg

Edited by B x
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Actually your cruise coincides with the U.S. summer vacations.   The unofficial end of summer is on 9/5 this year and many schools start their Fall semesters on 9/6.

Actually many states now start before Labor Day. Here in Virginia most schools in the last 2 years changed to before. All Southern states I know of start before. And all colleges I know of start in mid August. Would be interesting to see those states that start after Labor day, I suspect the Northeast may, unsure about the others.

5 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

Actually many states now start before Labor Day. Here in Virginia most schools in the last 2 years changed to before. All Southern states I know of start before. And all colleges I know of start in mid August. Would be interesting to see those states that start after Labor day, I suspect the Northeast may, unsure about the others.

Most of the North East and New England start right after Labor Day 

The UK and a lot of Europe schools are out mid July to early September so you could have lots of kids!!

10 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

On Reflection August 26, returning September 5. Be interesting as it ends after August vacation period in US snd Europe if it is a little less full. 

11 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

There's an interesting article on that from the Pew Research Center.  It's a few years old, but I suspect it's still at least largely accurate.  https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/14/back-to-school-dates-u-s/

In Texas, there is no single start date.  It's up to the individual school district, but I know there are some restrictions on that and some approvals that need to happen.  I won't pretend to understand it any more than that, and I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong to some extent.

I also know that the University of Denver starts after Labor Day, but I don't know much else about other universities.  

3 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

What began as a review of Bx's Reflection cruise has morphed into a discussion of school holidays dates!

More review please.......

Totally agree ! Too often these threads get taken off topic. This is a review of the current Reflection cruise. If someone wants feedback or input regarding a late August cruise and if it will be affected by school holidays they should ask the question in a new thread.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, barneymag said:

Totally agree ! Too often these threads get taken off topic. This is a review of the current Reflection cruise. If someone wants feedback or input regarding a late August cruise and if it will be affected by school holidays they should ask the question in a new thread.

Yes and more pictures of OJ please, something I can't see at home

• Haha 1

Following, we will be on the August 5th sailing and are super excited to be back sailing in the Retreat.

Since you are in the Retreat, there have been discussions on other threads that some Celebrity ships do not have much of a selection of the Premium drinks package wines by the glass due to supply chain issues. If you are a wine drinker, I would appreciate your observation on this in Luminae. One of our favorite PDP wines is Cherry Tart Cherry Pie Pino Noir.

Label of Cherry Pie 'Cherry Tart' Pinot Noir

Edited by terrydtx

On 6/13/2022 at 1:47 PM, B x said:

On board 11am, quick and efficient and lunch in Luminea which was well staffed.

No ideas on capacity yet but seems busy. Docked across from Beyond and Queen Victoria which looks deserted apart from a handful of crew. 

20220613_105314.jpg

Hi B x,

Looking at this photo it looks like you may in a corner aft sky suite ? We’re in 9301 on the identical itinerary in September - how are you finding the position if it is a corner aft ss and how are you finding the retreat experience on Reflection ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Following, we will be on the August 5th sailing and are super excited to be back sailing in the Retreat.

Since you are in the Retreat, there have been discussions on other threads that some Celebrity ships do not have much of a selection of the Premium drinks package wines by the glass due to supply chain issues. If you are a wine drinker, I would appreciate your observation on this in Luminae. One of our favorite PDP wines is Cherry Tart Cherry Pie Pino Noir.

Label of Cherry Pie 'Cherry Tart' Pinot Noir

We weren’t in the retreat,  but I had plenty of this wine on board last month

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

We weren’t in the retreat,  but I had plenty of this wine on board last month

I was asking the OP about what it is like now, there are several posts on other threads from CC members on Celebrity ships now or very recently that were complaining about the lack of wines available on board for the Premium drink package by the glass. We are wine drinkers and I would be concerned if there was a true shortage of premium wines by the glass. On our last Celebrity cruise last August we had a nice large selection of premium wines by the glass in Luminae and the specialty restaurants.