Culinary Arts Classes on Splendor

When I manage my cruise there is no mention of classes.  Are they  not available yet or are they discontinued because of covid?  Cruise is January 2023.

Also, is the infinity pool available for all passengers or only those  using the spa or in higher category cabins?

They are back on Splendor as of April TA. Chef Kellie is terrific. Since we were the first cruise back, I never saw an option to sign up online, and so we went to the kitchen the first afternoon to sign up.

I think from what others have said that normally online sign up is available when specialty dining reservations are?

Yes, the infinity pool (and all other spa amenities like sauna, experience shower, etc) are available to all passengers, regardless of cabin level or whether a treatment is scheduled.

Regent doesn't state how far in advance you can book culinary classes, but I would think that January ones would be up for booking by now.  I know it's not at the same time as when you can book specialty restaurants, because I booked a class for the November TA crossing on Splendor some time ago, but am not able to book specialty restaurants until August.

Our Splendor cruise mid March had culinary kitchen events. However, they were demo only and not hands on. Given that, we were reimbursed our charges for them both.

When they start up again, I think it’s well worth the money—-it’s a fun 1 or 2–do you learn anything, yes (not a lot) but you do pick up a few ideas.  It’s just a fun afternoon.  We don’t do the late afternoon ones as it spoils dinner………….

My Splendor cruise in August has a separate heading for Culinary Classes on the same page where there are headings for Excursions.  You click the Customize red button.

Don't forget to look for excursions that include the chef taking you to a couple markets or a farm and then cooking back on the boat.  Those have been some of our favorite excursions over the years, many with Chef Kelly when she is on Oceania ships.

• Like 1

We were on the transatlantic Splendor in April and I took the Culinary Class and loved it!  Chef was amazing and we made 4 dishes (and got to eat what we cooked).  We are booked on the Navigator in 

Dec, and Voyager inApril .  Unfortunately don't have Cooking classes.  If it is offered - do it!!!!  Enjoy,

Mary

Can anyone tell me at what point you can sign up for the Culinary classes?  Is it after final payment or sometime before?  We have 2 cruises booked, but not till next year.  We did the classes last year on our TA and I will gladly do again!  It is too true that it will spoil your next meal....lunch or dinner, you will be too full to eat again!  But hey, it is fun and good, so who's worried!?

• 9 months later...

Reviving this old thread… can someone who has done one of the classes tell me how long they last? On our upcoming cruise, the classes are offered several days at 4 pm. That seems to run into dinner, and depending how much you eat during the class, potentially make dinner undesirable after the class. On the Regent website, I see descriptions of the classes, but no indication of how long they last. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Reviving this old thread… can someone who has done one of the classes tell me how long they last? On our upcoming cruise, the classes are offered several days at 4 pm. That seems to run into dinner, and depending how much you eat during the class, potentially make dinner undesirable after the class. On the Regent website, I see descriptions of the classes, but no indication of how long they last. Thanks!

The classes usually run for about two hours.  You are asked to get to the Culinary Arts Kitchen ten minutes til 4:00.

The classes are great and I always book one.  I would schedule a late dinner that day as you will be eating the dishes you prepare in class.  I’ve had classes that include a pre-drink as well as wine with the meal so it can be quite a feast.  If you enjoy going to the show you’ll have to dine at 7:30 to 7:45 since  the shows start at 9:30.  If there are morning classes I would recommend them.  I prefer to pass on lunch since dinner is an event we look forward to.  Be sure to wear shoes with closed toes.  I’ve seen people sent back to their cabins to change.  Hot food and sharp knives are not good for open toed shoes.  On Splendor there were several stools in the back of the room.  Standing for two hours can be a long time and taking a break during the instruction part of the class is good.  
Enjoy!  

Stools at back on Explorer as well.

WRT when you can book, it has been as early as shortly before you can book excursions but more recently it seems to be at the same time.  Shows up on the same tab as excursion, but at the bottom...not very obvious until you've done it once.  Just an FYI, there is no discount for higher tier cruisers as there is for excursions...$89/pp for all.  We average 2 classes every time we're on Explorer or Splendor (or, soon, Grandeur).  They are a lot of fun.  Cooking is easy when someone preps all the ingredients!

Most classes are offered twice: 10 AM and 4 PM.  They provide the equivalent of a meal so plan your other dining that day accordingly.

We are already able to book classes for our March 2025 Grandeur cruise, 23 months prior to sailing! Since there's no outside contractors to deal with, I think that once the instructor and class content have been decided Regent releases them all in a block. So check often.

We were able to book our classes for our August 2024 Grandeur cruise already. We picked a 10 am class as we will consider it lunch. We didn't want to miss out on dinner by doing the 4 pm class.   We just wouldn't have been able to eat between 4 and 6 and then go for dinner. We don't like to eat late.

This will be my first culinary class on Regent. We have only been on Explorer once and by the time i looked for that cruise all the options i liked were already sold out. All our cruises have been on Voyager except that one. 

My DH even agreed to come and cook. That shocked me. Should be fun. 

• Like 1