Updated 6/14/22: New Princess Cancellations for Regal and Royal Voyages

LACruiser88

Just received the email from Princess cancelling our sailing September 3rd Transatlantic out of Copenhagen.  Even though this itinerary sailed from Copenhagen to Norway and onto the UK and then onto NY and nowhere near the Baltic, it was cut because of Copenhagen.  Big disappointment for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

The Regal is taking over for the Emerald.  Just received a redeployment for April 2023 TA on the Emerald.

I just received the notice that my Regal TA was cancelled.  Do you know when we will be able to book the on the Regal for the Emerald's TA?  On the site it still lists the Emerald for April 16 TA.

Thanks,

Cynthia

1 minute ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

I just received the notice that my Regal TA was cancelled.  Do you know when we will be able to book the on the Regal for the Emerald's TA?  On the site it still lists the Emerald for April 16 TA.

Thanks,

Cynthia

The email indicates new cabin assignments will be known by July 15.   In the past, pre-Covid we were on a TA where the ship was changed and it was around 3 weeks.  In today’s climate who knows.

8 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

The email indicates new cabin assignments will be known by July 15.   In the past, pre-Covid we were on a TA where the ship was changed and it was around 3 weeks.  In today’s climate who knows.

Thanks,

Maybe I'll just book the Emerald and see what happens since it's still available.😂

Edited by LunaSeaRetreat
correction
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, KKB said:

Thoughts as to why?

Drydock?

Low bookings?

Seems Royal has now been subbed for Crown in AK next summer, interestingly.

Hopefully dry dock.  Emerald was in definite need of hull maintenance on our April cruise.   Apart from that nothing appeared in poor repair.  

Our cancelled TA on Regal also offered 10% discount on any other cruise booked by end of 2023 and 15 days or less.  Just put a hold on Emerald Princess British Isles for September 5, 2023.  I’ll call our CVP in the morning to adjust the price to get the discount.  I’m still confused.  Is Regal taking over just the spring Emerald itineraries or for all of 2023?

15 minutes ago, Joy_K said:

My fall 2023 Emerald TA cruise and cruise before TA is changing to the Regal per email today.

I don’t see the Emerald TA fall 2023 cancelled or changed to the Regal? What did the email say?

The TA is Sep 29 2023 British Isles the TA to FLL?

@PacnGoNow:

I got this same notice for both the Sept 29 10 day Ireland and Scotland AND the Oct 9, 2023 TA.  I booked direct with Princess, so they sent me the email that sounds like the same one they send to travel agents....I am not one of those 🙂

IMPORTANT NOTICES
VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - EMERALD PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, this voyage will now sail on Regal Princess rather than Emerald Princess. Regal Princess features many of the same signature Princess amenities as Emerald Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, Sabatini's, and Crown Grill. In addition, Regal Princess offers the Enclave at Lotus Spa, Chef's Table Lumiere, and Ocean Terrace! For more information on Regal Princess, visit https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/gp-regal-princess/

Your clients will be rebooked onto the new voyage, and you will receive their new booking information no later than Friday, July 15, 2022. The cruise fare and promotions have been protected. Once you receive their new cruise booking details, you can verify the cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=GP.

We look forward to welcoming your clients aboard Regal Princess.

Edited by Joy_K

13 minutes ago, Joy_K said:

@PacnGoNow:

I got this same notice for both the Sept 29 10 day Ireland and Scotland AND the Oct 9, 2023 TA.  I booked direct with Princess, so they sent me the email that sounds like the same one they send to travel agents....I am not one of those 🙂

IMPORTANT NOTICES
VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - EMERALD PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, this voyage will now sail on Regal Princess rather than Emerald Princess. Regal Princess features many of the same signature Princess amenities as Emerald Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, Sabatini's, and Crown Grill. In addition, Regal Princess offers the Enclave at Lotus Spa, Chef's Table Lumiere, and Ocean Terrace! For more information on Regal Princess, visit https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/gp-regal-princess/

Your clients will be rebooked onto the new voyage, and you will receive their new booking information no later than Friday, July 15, 2022. The cruise fare and promotions have been protected. Once you receive their new cruise booking details, you can verify the cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=GP.

We look forward to welcoming your clients aboard Regal Princess.

Thank you!  I didn’t get it yet from my TA!

Appreciate it!!!

We booked an October 2023 cruise on the Regal Princess to New England and Canada today, only to receive a "voyage redeployment" e-mail 20 minutes later letting us know that cruise would now be served by the Emerald Princess, so it looks like they're switching the ships out for that part of the year.  The e-mail said we'd be rebooked and receive our new cabin assignment by July 16, though we're slightly disappointed as we'd selected a club class mini suite on the forward corner of the ship with a large corner balcony on the Regal.  That cabin is a full suite on the Emerald, so we're assuming we'll be moved.  Disappointing, but not the end of the world.  With so much time between now and then, maybe it will change yet again.  The strange part is they continue to sell this cruise on the Regal on their website.

CROWN

Original: 7-night Alaska voyages, roundtrip Seattle

New: 10-night and 11-night Alaska voyages, roundtrip Vancouver

ROYAL

New: 7-night Alaska voyages, roundtrip Seattle, replacing CROWN

EMERALD
Original: British Isles voyages, roundtrip Southampton

New (1): Mexican Riviera & California & Hawaii voyages, roundtrip Los Angeles

New (2): Canada & New England voyages, roundtrip New York, replacing REGAL

REGAL

Original: Baltic voyages, roundtrip Copenhagen

New: British Isles voyages, roundtrip Southampton, replacing EMERALD

SKY / ISLAND / DIAMOND

The Baltic and Japan itineraries will remove Russian ports.

image.png.d39f1739fe2970e888a45873ac5d40c8.png

image.png.b31e4970185ed596a15cda1215601732.png

• Thanks 1

Hubby and I have a repositioning cruise on the Royal in April 2024 - Sydney to Tokyo. Certainly not convinced this cruise will happen as the Royal is now not repositioning back to Sydney from Hong Kong in 2023. I do wonder what will become of our 2024 cruise, whether we will get another ship for whether the Royal will end up not coming 'down under' at all. Time will tell I guess. Vicki. 🙂 

6 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

Hubby and I have a repositioning cruise on the Royal in April 2024 - Sydney to Tokyo. Certainly not convinced this cruise will happen as the Royal is now not repositioning back to Sydney from Hong Kong in 2023. I do wonder what will become of our 2024 cruise, whether we will get another ship for whether the Royal will end up not coming 'down under' at all. Time will tell I guess. Vicki. 🙂 

The Hong Kong to Sydney cruise on Royal Princess will be cancelled, but there will be a new reposition cruise from Vancouver to Sydney. Royal Princess will still stay in Australia from late 2023 to April 2024.

5 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

The Hong Kong to Sydney cruise on Royal Princess will be cancelled, but there will be a new reposition cruise from Vancouver to Sydney. Royal Princess will still stay in Australia from late 2023 to April 2024.

Thanks for your thoughts Cruise Wonderland. I do still wonder where the Royal will reposition to from Sydney in April 2024, back to Tokyo, as per our cruise, or if in fact it will go elsewhere? Back to Vancouver perhaps?! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Stay safe & well, Vicki. 😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

EMERALD
Original: British Isles voyages, roundtrip Southampton

New (1): Mexican Riviera & California & Hawaii voyages, roundtrip Los Angeles

I'm really curious to see the Summer of 2023, Emerald cruises out of LA.  We might have to squeeze one (or 2) of them into our plans!  🙂

So curious about redeployment itineraries and room assignments.  We had this happen last year for a cruise, however the ships were the same type of class and we were just moved to the identical cabin on another ship.  For this Regal to Emerald change, they are different classes of ships and therefor the same cabin isn't same class of cabin.  What has been anyone's experience been with this type of situation?  Hate we have to wait till the middle of July to find this out, might rethink this booking for next year.

3 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

So curious about redeployment itineraries and room assignments.  We had this happen last year for a cruise, however the ships were the same type of class and we were just moved to the identical cabin on another ship.  For this Regal to Emerald change, they are different classes of ships and therefor the same cabin isn't same class of cabin.  What has been anyone's experience been with this type of situation?  Hate we have to wait till the middle of July to find this out, might rethink this booking for next year.

We’re very curious, too, as we had booked a club class mini suite on the Regal to Canada that was located on the forward corner of the ship with a huge balcony. That cabin doesn’t exist on the Emerald, and the comparable cabin is a suite. All the club class mini’s on emerald are regular side balconies. We’ll wait until we receive the assignment, but we’ll definitely give Princess a call after to see what they can do. 

5 hours ago, GiftOfTheSea said:

We’re very curious, too, as we had booked a club class mini suite on the Regal to Canada that was located on the forward corner of the ship with a huge balcony. That cabin doesn’t exist on the Emerald, and the comparable cabin is a suite. All the club class mini’s on emerald are regular side balconies. We’ll wait until we receive the assignment, but we’ll definitely give Princess a call after to see what they can do. 

Actually we were in a mini-suite on the Emerald Princess for a  Panama Canal cruise in March.  We were in E731, the very last balcony at the back of the ship on side, it had the super huge balcony, and we loved it!  Now don't know if that's an option for you, but it might be comparable.  It was so quiet at the back of the ship and we would definitely book again.  We are also doing the Canada/New England 7-day transit on 10/14/23, but was hoping to go on a newer ship to try something different. 🥲

6 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Actually we were in a mini-suite on the Emerald Princess for a  Panama Canal cruise in March.  We were in E731, the very last balcony at the back of the ship on side, it had the super huge balcony, and we loved it!  Now don't know if that's an option for you, but it might be comparable.  It was so quiet at the back of the ship and we would definitely book again.  We are also doing the Canada/New England 7-day transit on 10/14/23, but was hoping to go on a newer ship to try something different. 🥲

Thank you for the info! We’ll keep that in mind. 😊