Crown princess changed to Royal for Alaska

fleeflicker

10 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Wow! We have a booking on the Crown for 9/16/23. Wonder if we're going to get changed as well.

Just got the email telling us we're being moved over to the Royal. Now I wonder where they'll put us.

Not surprising. 

Crown has had serious propulsion issues this spring/summer & has had a lot of missed/shortened ports. 

Supposedly due to extensive barnacles on the bow due to sitting during COVID.

You would THINK they could take some time off & scrape them off by NEXT summer.

Me thinks it might be bigger issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KKB said:

Not surprising. 

Crown has had serious propulsion issues this spring/summer & has had a lot of missed/shortened ports. 

Supposedly due to extensive barnacles on the bow due to sitting during COVID.

You would THINK they could take some time off & scrape them off by NEXT summer.

Me thinks it might be bigger issues.

I ran a search here on "crown" and "propulsion." They were having propulsion problems on the Crown at back at least in January 2020. They may be blaming it on barnacles now, but I've got some serious doubts about that.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

I ran a search here on "crown" and "propulsion." They were having propulsion problems on the Crown at back at least in January 2020. They may be blaming it on barnacles now, but I've got some serious doubts about that.

Well THAT'S interesting!

4 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

We have a 28 day Tahiti cruise on the Crown in March, and I’ve been worried about it. I want an email too. 

Us too, really concerned because it is our 50th anniversary cruise and we booked a suite. 

Crown has missed ports and had truncated port stops in Alaska. People have been really pi$$3d about it. Normally I would prefer Crown but be happy you will make all of your port stops with Royal.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Has anyone read if they have any planned remedy for rest of this year's sailings?  I've got a sailing in November, with several ports I'd rather not miss. 

Yes!  Tahiti, Hawaii….

1 hour ago, claudia814 said:

How do they transfer you to a new cabin from Crown to Royal? I read so many bad things about Crown, I’m glad they switched us for May 20th. Thanks. 

I'm wondering that as well. Going to be interesting to see where they put us. 

3 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Has anyone read if they have any planned remedy for rest of this year's sailings?  I've got a sailing in November, with several ports I'd rather not miss. 

Crown is scheduled for dry dock in October...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, claudia814 said:

How do they transfer you to a new cabin from Crown to Royal? I read so many bad things about Crown, I’m glad they switched us for May 20th. Thanks. 

Our Alaska cruise was changed from Sapphire to Royal. Our large Caribe deck balcony became a tiny Caribe deck balcony. They assigned us the same cabin we had on Sapphire. We were told that the deck below was likely to be the Covid quarantine deck so we got moved up another deck.

3 hours ago, claudia814 said:

We got transferred from Ruby to Royal for our Hawaii cruise in March 2023. They matched the cabin category - no up or downgrades. Our cruise friends are now in a connecting cabin, but other than that the location and category is pretty much the same. 

What did change is the itinerary. We had been scheduled for Hilo, Honolulu, Kauai and Maui in that order. We are now scheduled for Maui, Kona and two days in Honolulu. The Royal is too large for the discontinued ports. 

2023 cruises don't help the people trapped on that junk heap right now paying thousands of dollars on this years cruises. Princess' slogan should be profits over people

Edited by Sailor75
  • Like 1

I just spent 5 hours on the phone Friday to get 3 adjacent mini suites and an inside cabin across the hall for our family of 11 on 6/24/23 cruise. We will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary.  Royal Princess doesn't have mini suites on Dolphin deck so we'll have to be moved to a different deck. What are the chances that we will still be adjacent?