Disembarking one cruise in Seattle and embarking another in Vancouver same dayg another in Vancouver

Is this possible?  I am thinking doing Ovation Alaska Sept. 22 2023 and then Radiance Sept. 29 2023.  I know I can do Radiance R/T Alaska also on the 22nd but the other way I could fly into and out of two US cities (Seattle and San Diego).

Edited by EllieinNJ

I think it would be 'tight' currently, even for your best option.  From what I understand, there are only two options to get between Seattle and Vancouver:

Bus -- because the train isn't running currently

Car Rental

I think your only safe option for same day would be a rental car, and that's still a 2 hr 45 minute drive, with no issues.  If I were going to try this, I would walk off with luggage, get a car service to the car rental agency, and book it to Vancouver, hoping Customs wouldn't be too backed up.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I think it would be 'tight' currently, even for your best option.  From what I understand, there are only two options to get between Seattle and Vancouver:

Bus -- because the train isn't running currently

Car Rental

I think your only safe option for same day would be a rental car, and that's still a 2 hr 45 minute drive, with no issues.  If I were going to try this, I would walk off with luggage, get a car service to the car rental agency, and book it to Vancouver, hoping Customs wouldn't be too backed up.  

Or Fly,  under $150 on air Canada this Sep. 

• Like 2

Fly.  It's only a one hour flight and there are at least 15 non-stops a day.  You can choose between Delta, Alaska or Air Canada.  From Vancouver airport there is a fast Skytrain that takes you to Waterfront, right beside the cruise terminal.  Or you could take a cab if you prefer.

• Thanks 1

Seems like you could do it but have some risk. They don’t have times posted for 2023 but for 22 the quick shuttle leaves the piers in Seattle between 9 & 930 and arrives at Canada place at 2:30.  Not sure how late they board but the shuttle drops off  right there at Canada place with the ships.  

Flights are listed at 1 hour if you can find the right time.  It is about 40 min to SeaTac from the pier and another 40 min from VCR to Canada place. 

It sounds very doable to me.  I'm doing a s2s myself in October disembarking in Tampa and embarking in Miami.  We've reserved a rental car and figure it will take us around 3 hours.  Plenty of time to casually drive there if we depart the ship by 8:30 or 9am.  Laundry is another issue 😂

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

It sounds very doable to me.  I'm doing a s2s myself in October disembarking in Tampa and embarking in Miami.  We've reserved a rental car and figure it will take us around 3 hours.  Plenty of time to casually drive there if we depart the ship by 8:30 or 9am.  Laundry is another issue 😂

It is at least a 4.5 hour drive from Tampa port to Port Miami. Plus time to pick up a rental car. Depending on what route you take it's between 275 and 285 miles. If traffic is really bad it could take longer.

The bus or rental car option seems to be the best.  While a flight is short, the other logical things (boarding, security, etc.) will add time that doesn’t make this an attractive option.  Flight delays are a big risk these days and I would be more concerned with that than traffic delays.

FWIW , We had embarkation in Vancouver and disembarked in Seattle so flew to SEA and did the drive up.  Landed around 10 am and didn’t rush but still made it to Vancouver around 2.  As long as you disembark as early as possible, you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Namelocg said:

It is at least a 4.5 hour drive from Tampa port to Port Miami. Plus time to pick up a rental car. Depending on what route you take it's between 275 and 285 miles. If traffic is really bad it could take longer.

I see that now.  I don't know where I saw 3 hours but I appreciate your input.  Still, I'm not too worried about getting there on time (famous last words 😳😂).  Thanks again.

On 6/16/2022 at 5:22 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

IMHO... You're being Very optimistic on your drive time Tampa to Miami. In my experience Tampa traffic is horrendous on I-75 during rush hour (and most other times) and Miami traffic has never been easy. It once took us over an hour to get from the Miami cruise port just up I-95 to Fort Lauderdale. Tampa traffic always added a good half hour to our drives down to Naples.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but I'd hate for you to miscalculate.

We often fly into Seattle, rent a car and drive to Vancouver.  However we don't do it on the sail day.  

Not sure how close rental cars are to the Seattle pier but should be some with pickup there.  Pier is north side of Seattle so shorter to Vancouver than what we do.  Avis didn't have a dropoff charge going north and is about 5 blocks up Robson from the pier in the Fairmont sublevel 7.  Going south there was a $100 dropoff so we take a bus.

Personally, living in the Seattle area, I would fly. You just never know what kind of traffic you may encounter, especially when it looks like you are doing this on weekdays. Renting a car would probably cost you more than flying, considering the one way drop off fees.

I took Quick Shuttle up in May, the day before I cruised, so I was fine, but a few on the bus were sailing that day. They made it at 2pm, but I would have been a nervous wreck. And Quick Shuttle does make a few stops. The border was the longest, since there were 2 busses ahead of us, and you have to get off, drag your luggage through customs, and then load back on the bus. 

• 11 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, EllieinNJ said:

Is this possible?  I am thinking doing Ovation Alaska Sept. 22 2023 and then Radiance Sept. 29 2023.  I know I can do Radiance R/T Alaska also on the 22nd but the other way I could fly into and out of two US cities (Seattle and San Diego).

May I ask what you decided on.  I am in a similar situation.