Verifly or printed documents?

First time RC cruiser here.  Does RC use the Verifly app or something similar to put your vaccination and Covid test results in to make check in quicker or do we just bring our vaccination cards and negative tests with us in hard copy form?

1 minute ago, Camden72 said:

First time RC cruiser here.  Does RC use the Verifly app or something similar to put your vaccination and Covid test results in to make check in quicker or do we just bring our vaccination cards and negative tests with us in hard copy form?

Upload vax card to the RC app and bring hard copies of both vax card and negative test.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Camden72 said:

We always go with hard copies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having hardcopy will speed up your screening and check-in. The silliest people who hold up the line are those folks that have things only on their phones. They are frantically flipping between multiple test results (entering passwords), vax cards, set sail passes, arriveCAN (for Canadian cruises). While they fumble, the rest of us with old fashion paper flash that and walk on by. 

• Like 6

Verifly is an app that Carnival uses where everything is in one place on the app so no phone fumbling.  You submit your vac card and negative test in advance, it is verified and it gives you a check for each needed piece of data.  We used it for our April cruise and it was great.  Camden there is unfortunately not a RC equivalent.  

• Thanks 1

I do both, in case some port(s) require paper copies.  In addition, I have a copy of the Vaxx card as a photo on my phone.  Had since my booster shot during the pandemic as security in case I lost the original.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Having hardcopy will speed up your screening and check-in. The silliest people who hold up the line are those folks that have things only on their phones. They are frantically flipping between multiple test results (entering passwords), vax cards, set sail passes, arriveCAN (for Canadian cruises). While they fumble, the rest of us with old fashion paper flash that and walk on by. 

I bring vax card everything else is on phone. I don't have to fumble around and have not been slowed down at all.

12 hours ago, Gregoryfo said:

Verifly is an app that Carnival uses where everything is in one place on the app so no phone fumbling.  You submit your vac card and negative test in advance, it is verified and it gives you a check for each needed piece of data.  We used it for our April cruise and it was great.  Camden there is unfortunately not a RC equivalent.  

You knew exactly what I was asking!  I did like the fact that you put all vaccines cards and test results in and they verified them and, once you turned green, you were good to go.  I still had everything printed just in case cell service wasn’t good but it gave me piece of mind knowing everything was legit and there were no issues with testing dates or anything.

We used Verifly with Holland America recently and it made embarkation much faster, however it doesn't look like Royal is an option.

I see: Carnival, Cunard, P&O, Viking, HAL.