Quantum of the seas/ cabin7662

Hi have any of you guys cruised in the Quantum deck 7 cabin 7662, I have been trying to make out if any of the lifeboats and gantries on deck six would spoil the view on deck 7. All help appreciated. My daughter has the single studio cabin 7650 and 7622 would be nice and close.

Edited by JohnGc

2 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Hi have any of you guys cruised in the Quantum deck 7 cabin 7662, I have been trying to make out if any of the lifeboats and gantries on deck six would spoil the view on deck 7. All help appreciated. My daughter has the single studio cabin 7650 and 7622 would be nice and close.

I think they are classed as obstructed sometimes but it’s mainly looking straight down.I wouldn’t be bothered by it.

There a few videos getting around of similar cabins.

Thanks Chilliburn, it is bit hard to see on the photos of the ship. If only when looking down, that would not bother me. I think the Gantries that lower the boats could be visible on the 7th deck as they are higher than the boats.  My daughters cabin 7650 is fine as it only has the small rescue craft below. Thanks for the video of Studio cabin 7650 .

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think they are classed as obstructed sometimes but it’s mainly looking straight down.I wouldn’t be bothered by it.

There a few videos getting around of similar cabins.

12 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Hi, I only have a cellphone so hard for me to do research for you, but we're always keen to know exactly where our cabin is on the side of a ship. We find a clear close picture of the relevant section of the side of the ship (eg, google Quantum ?? ship pictures), then find a side view diagram of decks to see where your deck is in relation to, say, lido deck. Then from deck plans count along from, say, last cabin or particular shaping, eg inset or pop out section, and when you do same count on the ship photo you'll find your cabin and can zoom in to see what the obstruction, If any, is 🛳

From what I can see on my small phone screen, it looks as though you have a good cabin. Deck 5 is promenade deck so that is a good reference point, and ship has "shaping", so another good reference point. I will visit my daughter and son-in-law tomorrow and biff him off his computer game (he's used to that and actually asks me if I need the computer, hehehe) - if all goes to plan I'll post again with a side pic of the ship indicating your cabin. I  enjoy these sorts of challenges 🙂

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

how about this one ,it’s anthem but same ship.

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

how about this one ,it’s anthem but same ship.

Thanks for the video. that room is 4 cabins aft of 7662  and looking at a photo of the side of Quantum it is a bit hard to see but I may see a part of of the life boat. I am not going to let that bother me as long as I am cruising.😊

• Haha 1

The cabin next door with the deeper balcony seems to cop a direct sight of one of the support arms going up to around floor level of deck 7. Sure, it would also be visible to you, but you would also be able to look around it.

vladivostok-russia-september-9-2019-the-quantum-class-cruise-ship-spectrum-of-the-seas-docks-at-vladivostok-harbor-detail-of-ship-lifeboat-WPG995.thumb.jpg.ec5d9ce49a90d29467dfbda82bb5db2f.jpg

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

From what I can see on my small phone screen, it looks as though you have a good cabin. Deck 5 is promenade deck so that is a good reference point, and ship has "shaping", so another good reference point. I will visit my daughter and son-in-law tomorrow and biff him off his computer game (he's used to that and actually asks me if I need the computer, hehehe) - if all goes to plan I'll post again with a side pic of the ship indicating your cabin. I  enjoy these sorts of challenges 🙂

Hi Jean C, I have been trying to find photos of the side of the Quantum and do what you said by counting from the stern but I have had trouble trying to make out exactly where 7662 cabin starts to poke out. by the looks of it I may or may not just see the end of a life boat. I really appreciate your help. Like you I enjoy finding out about cabins I am interested in. One thing I did find out was a video of  cabin 6682  where the guy a ( non smoker ) was complaining about a smokers area right under his balcony and had to keep the door shut owing to the smell of smoke. I am a non smoker so fortunately being on deck 7 and  our cabin further forward that will not be a problem. It does highlight that it pays to research your cabins. I did realise that cabin 7662 could have a slight obstruction  but the convenience of being close to studio solo cabin 7650  outweighed  it. I normally favour deck ten as I like being high and with cabins above and below. We were lucky to find the Studio cabin as they tend to go quickly. It is a long walk to the buffet though, I should be a fit agile slim 80 yr old by the end of the cruise though. We are hoping we do not have to cancel after all this,  health reasons could put a damper on plans but at the moment it is all systems go and we are so looking forward to the cruise. Thanks again Jean for your help.

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The cabin next door with the deeper balcony seems to cop a direct sight of one of the support arms going up to around floor level of deck 7. Sure, it would also be visible to you, but you would also be able to look around it.

vladivostok-russia-september-9-2019-the-quantum-class-cruise-ship-spectrum-of-the-seas-docks-at-vladivostok-harbor-detail-of-ship-lifeboat-WPG995.thumb.jpg.ec5d9ce49a90d29467dfbda82bb5db2f.jpg

Thanks Geoff, thats a great view. I am still having a bit of trouble trying to work out what cabin is 7662 on your photo. Looking at the deck plan  cabin 7662 is where it starts to jut out and then for about three cabins  goes straight for a short bit then juts out again   Yeh I know I should go to Spec Savers. Out of interest do the life boats point forward if so is the photo of port side ?  Might be my age but I am a bit confused  as it looks like the life boat layout is a bit different port and starboard.

21 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks Geoff, thats a great view. I am still having a bit of trouble trying to work out what cabin is 7662 on your photo. Looking at the deck plan  cabin 7662 is where it starts to jut out and then for about three cabins  goes straight for a short bit then juts out again   Yeh I know I should go to Spec Savers. Out of interest do the life boats point forward if so is the photo of port side ?  Might be my age but I am a bit confused  as it looks like the life boat layout is a bit different port and starboard.

Good point. That photo might be port side.

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Good point. That photo might be port side.

I have found this photo.Looks like I might be lucky and not have a life boat support showing. Good fun this researching.😄 Just had another look and the life boats look different with no supports showing !!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/royal-caribbean-unveils-quantum-seas-details-flna1c9374245

Edited by JohnGc

The ship looks spotless, and should, as it is an artist impression from before she was launched. 

The cabins are pretty well represented, but they have drawn an extra lifeboat. The one that could potentially affect your view is pretty much in the right spot though. 

B1A6CCAC-BB19-466E-ACE4-CA3EA872C174.thumb.png.a34f20b66db0cfce48e9ec5fbf5059ab.pngI had a map of quantum class obstructions I’ll try to find it.

What about this one John,it’s a model but it should be accurate.

image.thumb.jpeg.56596ad8cc096d47a10e45b365c2ee6b.jpeg

here’s a obstructed deck plan of odyssey,the red bits are the deriks .  

Edited by Chiliburn

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I had a map of quantum class obstructions I’ll try to find it.

Mine is better, BUT Chillis is much bigger, lol.  lol. Ye olde Regal Princess, before P&O Straya got their hands on her as Pacific Dawn.

IMG_3247.thumb.jpg.9f561dcaa2dde03e931a5b4b686ad5e3.jpg

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Mine is better, BUT Chillis is much bigger, lol.  lol. Ye olde Regal Princess, before P&O Straya got their hands on her as Pacific Dawn.

IMG_3247.thumb.jpg.9f561dcaa2dde03e931a5b4b686ad5e3.jpg

You are giving me mental flashbacks of P&O what’s it called ,PTSD ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

B1A6CCAC-BB19-466E-ACE4-CA3EA872C174.thumb.png.a34f20b66db0cfce48e9ec5fbf5059ab.pngI had a map of quantum class obstructions I’ll try to find it.

here’s a obstructed deck plan of odyssey,the red bits are the deriks .  

Thanks Chilliburn, I reckon that would be spot on and as I suspected. I don't think the top of a Derrick on deck 7 would spoil the view. If there was a problem I could probably hang onto the derrick while they are lowering the lifeboats and be first on.😂

• Haha 1

As promised, herewith close up view of your cabin 😊 I have put my highlight box around three cabins, yours being the middle one in each case.  Obstruction absolutely negligible - happy cruising (let me know if you can't open it) 🙃

Quantum of Sea.docx

Edited by Jean C

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Uncle Les you need a good sail away party with a princess cougar under each arm.
And throw that medallion over the side ,it will only rot your brain.

No medallion for me old son, HAL, ye olde cruise card and produce paper copies of Vaccs and RATS at checkin.  That is if those things are still required in November. No cougars on HAL mate, pure class on there.

Cruise-ship-suite-1.jpg.22bfbf9287f629ad186693638e877f81.jpg

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jean C said:

In case the word doc doesn't open

Screenshot_20220619-105125_Office.jpg

Thanks Jean C,  brilliant. That is just what I was hoping. I really appreciate the trouble you went through. Could not open the other document but this one was great. The same to you regarding the happy cruising.😊

Cheers JohnGC