How much are you willing to let slide?

CineGraphic

11 hours ago, jwattle said:

No, Princess will have people from other lines who thought that THOSE lines were slipping... Cycle of life, cruising style.

Loyalty party Emerald princess, they said over 1000 new to Princess on an approx 2300 total.

The cheap 2022 prices in the UK seems to have worked.

Many won't be back at normal Princess prices.

MSC tried the winter 21/22 market in northern Europe at decent rates they also claim 50% new to MSC.

15 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

I am in league with you on this after our recent cruise. Which cruise line would be your go-to from here? I see Stone is near Liverpool. Would you try Fred Olsen, Costa or Hurtigruten out of that port? We are near Los Angeles. Many lines port here, but having trouble selecting which line to try.

I see you've cruised Cunard, which ports here sometimes. Would you recommend trying them? (We don't mind dressing for dinner.) 

We will in future once all current bookings have been spent only book with Cunard.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

I am in league with you on this after our recent cruise. Which cruise line would be your go-to from here? I see Stone is near Liverpool. Would you try Fred Olsen, Costa or Hurtigruten out of that port? We are near Los Angeles. Many lines port here, but having trouble selecting which line to try.

I see you've cruised Cunard, which ports here sometimes. Would you recommend trying them? (We don't mind dressing for dinner.) 

We've cruised on RCCL, Carnival, NCL, and Princess out of LA. RCCL was on a very old ship since retired. NCL, once never again not for us. HAL we've sailed out of San Diego which was very nice. We've sailed Carnival several times both alone and with our kids. We sailed on the new Panorama in Feb. and will sail on her again. Nice adult only area and not as Las Vegas as the older ships. Hope Princess brings back the 14day Alaska, and the 19day cruise down to Panama Canal and overnight in Gatun Lake. Our next cruise is 28day South Pacific out of LA, still sticking with Princess.

9 hours ago, Skai said:

Cruising is going the way of flying...

2010s 

What If Airlines' Dogma That Travelers Won't Pay More For Additional Leg  Room Is Wrong?

While I'm not as big as this guy this is how flying feels to me. We have to fly "cattle class" and the seating is simply not made for my body. I find it interesting that the short hop portion of our flights on older aircraft have better leg room. I did find that economy on Virgin Atlantic had slightly wider seats with better legroom. (They also provided free booze on a Trans Atlantic flight which helped with my bad back and economy seating.)