Loyal My Time Diner changed to late dining

6 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

Thanks for your reply, we have sailed Allure and Anthem.  But MTD wasn't an issue because back then, you could do MTD at 5:30pm.    Now it doesn't start until 6:45 at the earliest.  That's the whole problem.  MTD is no longer a good option if you want to see shows at 7-7:30.  And now you can't even see show times ahead of time to book reservations... or plan around them.  

We are sailing the Harmony next week and have nightly reservations anywhere between 6:45-7:30.  MTD has always been a giant cluster... on every single ship.  We would love to switch to early traditional dining.  But "show up and REQUEST A private table..." and "they will TRY and accomadate you" and "they will do 'their best' to get a table for 3" isn't the same thing as booking a private table with 100% certainty.  It's just odd they don't offer that option to choose when booking.

With RC selecting a table size during the booking process hasn't been an option for years and my Magic 8 Ball says, "no" for the future. Have you or if booked with a TA called RC and requested a change to early TD and and table size? This late in the game your chances are slim  to none but worth the call. Again RC doesn't do 3 tops so you would get a 4 top  minus one setting. We've had four tops in the past just for the two of us. 

IMO, currently MTD with RC sucks (didn't start until 7:15 on our last cruise) and why we called and changed to early TD when we did a B2B cruise on the Explorer March of this year. I know of one other couple that did the same. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Do you book your cruises far out from the sail date or closer to the sail date? What size class ships were your two RC cruises on? 

Speaking only about RC. That's why you need to book MTD time(s)as soon as it is open for your sailing in your CP. The early MTD time slots are taken fast. Once you get onboard head to the MDR for MTD or TD and select the table size you want. We have never had a bad experience requesting a table that we scoped out and then requested that table number for the entire cruise. I can't speak for others but know just from who post here on CC others have had the same positive experiences. Of course those without reservations (MTD) are going to be put in the waiting que. Especially now with a lot of ships starting MTD later than before the shut down. 

Even with TD, if you want a early dining time then book the cruises early. Especially on the lager ships. If not late dining or waitlisted will be your choices. Every dining request for table size has been a guarantee once onboard for us. We haven't been asked in years about table size when booking the cruise. 

I think it's still in my profile....if there is such a thing any longer.  We are always assigned a 2 top.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

Thanks for your reply, we have sailed Allure and Anthem.  But MTD wasn't an issue because back then, you could do MTD at 5:30pm.    Now it doesn't start until 6:45 at the earliest.  That's the whole problem.  MTD is no longer a good option if you want to see shows at 7-7:30.  And now you can't even see show times ahead of time to book reservations... or plan around them.  

We are sailing the Harmony next week and have nightly reservations anywhere between 6:45-7:30.  MTD has always been a giant cluster... on every single ship.  We would love to switch to early traditional dining.  But "show up and REQUEST A private table..." and "they will TRY and accomadate you" and "they will do 'their best' to get a table for 3" isn't the same thing as booking a private table with 100% certainty.  It's just odd they don't offer that option to choose when booking.

There are no tables for three.   You will receive a table for 4 (four top) that you/they will leave the fourth chair empty.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

IMO, currently MTD with RC sucks (didn't start until 7:15 on our last cruise) and why we called and changed to early TD when we did a B2B cruise on the Explorer March of this year. I know of one other couple that did the same. 

I wonder who that was.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I think it's still in my profile....if there is such a thing any longer.  We are always assigned a 2 top.  

I'm not sure either. But our last RC cruise was booked with a very useless TA and advised me table size was no longer an option(?). But we've never had a problem getting our request from the Head Waiter or whoever is on duty the first day. 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

I'm not sure either. But our last RC cruise was booked with a very useless TA and advised me table size was no longer an option(?). But we've never had a problem getting our request from the Head Waiter or whoever is on duty the first day. 

Oh...but I forgot, host did put us at that four top.   Apparently limited 2 tops when we made that late request on board...but of course it was just the two of us.  Worked well for us.  🙂   Pays to be a newbie.  😄 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh...but I forgot, host did put us at that four top.   Apparently limited 2 tops when we made that late request on board...but of course it was just the two of us.  Worked well for us.  🙂   Pays to be a newbie.  😄 

Yes newbies. 😉 As the old Virginia Slims tag line use to say, "you've come along way, baby". 

4 hours ago, jetta8300 said:

I'm talking about set dining times, not MTD.  You cannot GUARANTEE, or book ahead of time, a private table with set dining times.  Yes you can chance it and speak to the head waiter.  I've heard of many different levels of success, and we just aren't willing to chance it.

As far as MTD goes, we have always  made reservations, and the current dining times are too late.  We have never been successful at getting the same server and the same table.  never.  We have always obviously been able to get a private table, but when requesting the same table and server we are told "you can wait if you'd like" and i'm not willing to wait 1.5 hours for the same table and server.

I think it’s changed since Covid. When I called to change from MTD to traditional early dining the agent asked what size table I wanted.