Symphony of the Seas - Cabin questions!

Hello fellow cruisers!  We are sailing on Symphony is three weeks and are so excited to go on our first Oasis class ship!  We currently have an ocean view room on the third floor (with a window, not the one with a balcony).  Couple of questions:

1. I'm concerned because I know that this is the floor where they are quarantining people with Covid.  Anyone stayed on a cabin on this floor?  What was your experience like? 

2. I have the chance to Royal Up to a Boardwalk/Central Park cabin.  What are your experiences with these types of cabins? Are they noisy?  Did you like them?

My kids are so excited to get back to cruising, and I want to make this experience the best that I can for them!  Thank you!

Have had park central and boardwalk balconies and loved both.  

Park central is quieter in general and in the evening its a nice ambiance esp when there is live acoustic music.

Boardwalk is a bit more lively; potential views of the aquatic show, movies, ocean view, etc.  Get to hear squeals of people going down the abyss.  It’s a fun spot depending on ages of kids.  Not sure I’d want to be trying to put littles down for a nap there, but if they’re past that, it’s a fun location.  

• Like 1

I have had many clients upgraded to balconies from OV and insides that they needed for quarantine areas.

It's not just deck 3 that they are taking.  Symphony had some forward upper level decks closed of for areas for crew to quarantine in March.

I wouldn't do anything.  If they need the space they will move you and most likely upgrade you at no charge.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I have had many clients upgraded to balconies from OV and insides that they needed for quarantine areas.

It's not just deck 3 that they are taking.  Symphony had some forward upper level decks closed of for areas for crew to quarantine in March.

I wouldn't do anything.  If they need the space they will move you and most likely upgrade you at no charge.

Thanks!  As far as your clients being upgraded because they needed the cabins for quarantine, how far in advance were they notified?  We sail on July 9th.

9 minutes ago, RDDAILY said:

Thanks!  As far as your clients being upgraded because they needed the cabins for quarantine, how far in advance were they notified?  We sail on July 9th.

It's varied.  Some were 6 months or more out and others were a month away. 

• Like 1