Why is Royal taking so long to validate my vaccine info?

Just now, carefree lady said:

I gave them this info about 2 weeks ago and the cards are not yet validated. Before this it usually took 2 days. It is on the Quantum if that makes any difference.

For my last cruise in May it took about 30 days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carefree lady said:

I gave them this info about 2 weeks ago and the cards are not yet validated. Before this it usually took 2 days. It is on the Quantum if that makes any difference.

On our Harmony 5/29 cruise they were validated 30 days out after uploaded 45 days out.

For our 7/15 & 7/18 B2B on Indy, we're 25 and 28 days out and still not validated.

Short answer... it varies and doesn't really matter as mentioned above. You have to show them at the port anyway.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

I uploaded my cards once out of my last 8 cruises since Covid and it was the only time Guest Services called and sent me a letter on board saying I needed to get tested at my own expense the next morning because they said I wasn’t vaccinated.    From now on, I’m just showing them when I board.

Edited by sellwingri

The sole purpose of uploading the photos of the vaccine card is to save 30 seconds per person at the port taking a photo of each vaccine card at check-in.  So the agent looks at your booking and says "oh, you uploaded your proof" and if it's not there they ask for your vaccine card so they can take a photo of it and then say "well, you are checked in!"