Waitlist Chance - Coral Princess

Hi I am wondering if anyone has had any luck that is on the waitlist for the Coral Princess this Thursday the 23rd, for the 3 nighter? Or if anyone on the last 2 cruises were waitlisted and were able to get a cabin? Thanks in advance 🙏

These first few short cruises are sailing at less than full capacity - around 70% only so there probably would not have been much chance of anyone clearing a waitlist. In addition, because the cruises went on sale fairly recently, there wouldn't have been many if any cancellations. Cancellations because of a positive COVID test would be too late for that cabin to be re-allocated to someone on a waitlist. Anyone on a waitlist would be advised well ahead of time.

53 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you are really keen to go, maybe you could phone Princess and ask if there is any chance of your getting a cabin.

That’s what I was going to suggest ☺️

5 hours ago, cc_double said:

Hi I am wondering if anyone has had any luck that is on the waitlist for the Coral Princess this Thursday the 23rd, for the 3 nighter? Or if anyone on the last 2 cruises were waitlisted and were able to get a cabin? Thanks in advance 🙏

I will post my suggestion again, this time quoting your post so you will get notification.

If you are really keen to go on the cruise, maybe it would be worthwhile phoning Princess to ask if you can get a cabin.

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I will post my suggestion again, this time quoting your post so you will get notification.

If you are really keen to go on the cruise, maybe it would be worthwhile phoning Princess to ask if you can get a cabin.

Hi thank you Aus Traveller, I did end up phoning them today, which then turned into an all afternoon saga, the phone agent told me that yes we did have a waitlist cabin match, did I receive the email and I said no, she then said I will send it to you, and if I am happy to call back and pay the balance owing from the deposit paid,  got off the phone and then waited for the email, when it arrived, it was the original email I received when I paid for us to go on the waitlist, rang back and then spent the best part of 2 hours getting the run around and was told a supervisor would call me to discuss further, which as of COB still am yet to receive the call to let us know if we do or don't have a cabin, will see what tomorrow brings, but I think its probably to late now due to the covid testing requirements ect, thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

They are unlikely to activate anyone on a waitlist 3 days of sailing, even if someone cancels last minute from covid testing.

Totally agree, I believe its way to late now for it to happen, am waiting for a supervisor to call back as was told on the phone this afternoon we had a cabin but the documents didn't reflect that when sent through.

5 minutes ago, cc_double said:

Thanks Cbtours I am enjoying your posts 😀

Why don’t you just do all the tests, 24 hr rat, take the pic in case they ask etc. it could just be a hitch that gets fixed and you might as well be ready. Sounds like you’re local not flying in from Melbourne like we did. All the best with it

12 minutes ago, cc_double said:

Totally agree, I believe its way to late now for it to happen, am waiting for a supervisor to call back as was told on the phone this afternoon we had a cabin but the documents didn't reflect that when sent through.

You might be OK. If they said you had a cabin, you could hold them to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Why don’t you just do all the tests, 24 hr rat, take the pic in case they ask etc. it could just be a hitch that gets fixed and you might as well be ready. Sounds like you’re local not flying in from Melbourne like we did. All the best with it

Yes I was thinking to do that in the morning just in case, as we live down the road on the Gold Coast which is good as don't have to worry about air travel, so hopefully will get somewhere in the morning with it all, just weird to be told yes we have a cabin match but the documents told a different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cc_double said:

Yes I was thinking to do that in the morning just in case, as we live down the road on the Gold Coast which is good as don't have to worry about air travel, so hopefully will get somewhere in the morning with it all, just weird to be told yes we have a cabin match but the documents told a different story.

You’re in front being told yes. Docs don’t get updated online right away

10 hours ago, cc_double said:

…I think its probably to late now due to the covid testing requirements…

I don’t think it’s too late. You need to return a negative RAT 24 hours before sailing. If you really want to cruise, ring again at 9am. Ask to speak to a supervisor and don’t let them say they’ll call you back. If they’re sending you an email, ask them to stay on the line while you check your email. JMHO

I had issues last week. I couldn’t pay for shore excursions online; I got an error message saying I needed to phone. I was told that I’d have to speak to my PVP (who's been a bit hopeless TBH) and he was on another call, could he call me back. No, can’t you deal with it. On hold several times. Eventually I asked to speak to a supervisor. Oh, they’re away sick. (Really?!) I insisted that I talk to someone higher up. On hold again and eventually the same operator comes back and can process my payment. END OF RANT 🤷‍♂️

Having said all of that, if you DO end up on the cruise, make sure you pop over to our Roll Call and say hi. 😁

Edited by Sparky74
Change link
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I don’t think it’s too late. You need to return a negative RAT 24 hours before sailing. If you really want to cruise, ring again at 9am. Ask to speak to a supervisor and don’t let them say they’ll call you back. If they’re sending you an email, ask them to stay on the line while you check your email. JMHO

I had issues last week. I couldn’t pay for shore excursions online; I got an error message saying I needed to phone. I was told that I’d have to speak to my PVP (who's been a bit hopeless TBH) and he was on another call, could he call me back. No, can’t you deal with it. On hold several times. Eventually I asked to speak to a supervisor. Oh, they’re away sick. (Really?!) I insisted that I talk to someone higher up. On hold again and eventually the same operator comes back and can process my payment. END OF RANT 🤷‍♂️

Having said all of that, if you DO end up on the cruise, make sure you pop over to our Roll Call and say hi. 😁

In all of your excitement @Sparky74 she is wanting to be on the cruise TOMORROW 23rd June, not ours. lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, CDaze71 said:

In all of your excitement @Sparky74 she is wanting to be on the cruise TOMORROW 23rd June, not ours. lol.

🤦‍♂️
In that case I’d do a RAT today but still ring at 9am. 🤞

Who wouldn’t want to be on our sailing? We’ve had such a fun time on our Roll Call that I can hardly wait for the next four days! If I didn’t have commitments I’d be ringing Princess myself to see if I could get on the ship tomorrow. 😁

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Love your dedication Sparky74! Did you use the “aunties birthday” heart string puller

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

🤦‍♂️
In that case I’d do a RAT today but still ring at 9am. 🤞

Who wouldn’t want to be on our sailing? We’ve had such a fun time on our Roll Call that I can hardly wait for the next four days! If I didn’t have commitments I’d be ringing Princess myself to see if I could get on the ship tomorrow. 😁

There is a few more boxes to tick, covid protocols aside. Being a domestic cruise and a past passenger will help a fair bit toward ticking them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cc_double said:

Any updates? Are you joining us tomorrow cc_double?

• Like 2

Hi everyone an update on the saga, have been on the phone and was told it was a mistake to be told this yesterday and that they were so sorry that this has happened, but keep looking for an email as we have till 5pm on date of sailing, I reminded them that the ship sails at 4pm.

Now have just been on Princess web page and its showing all these available cabins for tomorrow in all the categories, so am back on the phone to see what on earth is going on! Tempted to just book online and have the deposit go towards another cruise in the future. Will update shortly once I get an answer over the phone........ 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cc_double said:

Hi everyone an update on the saga, have been on the phone and was told it was a mistake to be told this yesterday and that they were so sorry that this has happened, but keep looking for an email as we have till 5pm on date of sailing, I reminded them that the ship sails at 4pm.

Now have just been on Princess web page and its showing all these available cabins for tomorrow in all the categories, so am back on the phone to see what on earth is going on! Tempted to just book online and have the deposit go towards another cruise in the future. Will update shortly once I get an answer over the phone........ 

You take the prize for that one. 🤣

• Like 1

Extra odd in that I just got emails from two TA's selling on tomorrows, with prices down as far as $60/person/night for an outside. Says can't book online have to call as so close.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cc_double said:

Pobman has posted a commented that he has received emails from two on-line TAs offering tomorrow's cruise at really low prices. We can't mention particularly TAs here, but you might be able to find this if you look for prices offering by the most common TAs.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Pobman has posted a commented that he has received emails from two on-line TAs offering tomorrow's cruise at really low prices. We can't mention particularly TAs here, but you might be able to find this if you look for prices offering by the most common TAs.

Hi we have now been able to secure a confirmed cabin and paid what was needed, just cant do anything with the Princess Medallion Ap as its says booking number not valid, so back on the phone, its also now not showing any cabins available, but an hour ago there was 100 plus in all categories, so maybe they got snapped up quickly.

• Like 3