Best Oceanview Cabin on Marina?

Montreal Marc

My wife and I are considering booking our first Oceania cruise on Marina (I have cruised extensively, and my wife just a couple of times).

Any suggestions please as to the best Oceanview cabin to book on Marina?

Many thanks,

Marc

Toronto

40 minutes ago, Montreal Marc said:

My wife and I are considering booking our first Oceania cruise on Marina (I have cruised extensively, and my wife just a couple of times).

Many thanks,

Marc

Toronto

As Lyn said, it's not like you have much choice. I've never been in one. We booked it once, but moved up. 

49 minutes ago, ORV said:

As Lyn said, it's not like you have much choice. I've never been in one. We booked it once, but moved up. 

I have never been able to even book one LOL

16 hours ago, Montreal Marc said:

My wife and I are considering booking our first Oceania cruise on Marina ... Any suggestions please as to the best Oceanview cabin to book on Marina?

I've booked a couple but every time I saw the cruise on one of the holiday sales (e.g., Presidents' or Memorial Day) and I upgraded to a veranda for free (paying the same price for Riviera's B4 as for the Oceanview I had booked).

So, I'd be watching the sales for any specific cruise you're interested it. I've booked a G and an F early to then wait & watch for the upgrade sale. Went from a F to a B4 on another recent sale. Right now I've got one F booked on a 2023 cruise that I'm hoping will eventually go on sale, too, for the upgrade to the veranda.

The outsides have a floor to ceiling window in place of the sliding door to a balcony so they let in a lot of light. I'm booked in one for Marina Dec. 4, 2022  Caribbean. I doubt there will be a sale to upgrade to a veranda as this cruise is well sold.

We sailed in a Marina Oceanview cabin on our first Marina cruise, a 2011 Baltic cruise, shortly after it debuted. There only are about 20, all together midships on Deck 7, which I found ideal for queasy traveler me. Picky notes: (1) one night there was noise quite late from the piano bar below on Deck 6 due to a special jazz combo event but that only happened that one night; (2) I also think that the sofa beds in the triples are harder than the regular sofa if you sit on it for long periods of time.

One floor down to the Grand Dining Room and two floors down to the Marina Lounge also are nice on the knees!

On 6/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, Montreal Marc said:

Many thanks,

Marc

Toronto

yes  do not book them     terrible views , small size lousy locations....    

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

😄

The oceanview cabins are the same size  as  A & B categories  without the balcony space 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Not sure what do you mean.. the views are the same from most cabins, the cabin size on the Marina and Riviera is exactly the same as the balcony cabins, and the location is the best on the ship (deck 7 mid ship). Those are our favorite cabins since we rarely use the balcony (we don't come to a cruise to sit on a balcony).

14 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Not sure what do you mean.. the views are the same from most cabins, the cabin size on the Marina and Riviera is exactly the same as the balcony cabins, and the location is the best on the ship (deck 7 mid ship). Those are our favorite cabins since we rarely use the balcony (we don't come to a cruise to sit on a balcony).

Maybe Dan was trying to be funny LOL

Since you can never tell with his posts   what is real or  memorex  😉

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe Dan was trying to be funny LOL

Since you can never tell with his posts   what is real or  memorex  😉

Since there are only 20 of them, maybe he wants more availability for himself.. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Since there are only 20 of them, maybe he wants more availability for himself.. 🙂

Though I've found that by watching the periodic sales, I can book a C, F or G early and then upgrade for free or nearly nothing to a B veranda. I wonder if those in the Cs book later and never saw the upgrade sales? What they don't know and when they don't know it... 

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

your looking out over a sea of orange... reflecting back in your face with the ocean in the distance.... thats the view 

However, if you like them  I can not argue with that.... enough said.    

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

your looking out over a sea of orange... reflecting back in your face with the ocean in the distance.... thats the view 

However, if you like them  I can not argue with that.... enough said.    

You mean the lifeboats? They are on deck 6, so you don't really see them unless you look down.

And again, for me, the cabin on a cruise ship is for sleep and shower. Couldn't care less about the view. On Crystal we booked OV with obstructed view (lifeboats on the same level) - couldn't care less.