Water bottles!

Sallyandtex

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

What is beverage pack water?  Anyway you can fill out a special request for diabetic menu here.   https://book.hollandamerica.com/specialServices/login.action

I’d like to know what beverage pack water is.  On another thread someone that used to work for hal brought on a 12 pack of soda and no one blinked an eye.  If I drank soda that hal didn’t have I might be tempted to do that but if you do you can’t be afraid to lose it.

On 5/8/2023 at 3:55 PM, artvlay said:

Where can you buy cans of water? I don't remember seeing it on the shelves of supermarkets.

Nov/Dec Koningsdam & Feb Nieuw Amsterdam had canned Open Water as well as glass bottled Acqua Panna (small & large sizes) plus Aha cans. Last week Eurodam only option was Acqua Panna, which our cabin did not receive. 

Amazon sells Open Water.

We get an extra ice bucket in our cabin - it will be a large wine bucket, not the small ice bucket - and fill our reusable bottles from it. We get icy cold water for excursions that way with no fear of confiscation. We have them refill 2x/day. The melted ice we just pour into one of our bottles - works great and never run out.

20230509_223908.jpg

20230509_224332.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Photo

37 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

We get an extra ice bucket in our cabin - it will be a large wine bucket, not the small ice bucket - and fill our reusable bottles from it. We get icy cold water for excursions that way with no fear of confiscation. We have them refill 2x/day. The melted ice we just pour into one of our bottles - works great and never run out.

That's what I was going to do - well actually fill my bottle from the tap and use the ice bucket to cool it down if necessary (won't need to in Greenland!) 

15 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Nov/Dec Koningsdam & Feb Nieuw Amsterdam had canned Open Water as well as glass bottled Acqua Panna (small & large sizes) plus Aha cans. Last week Eurodam only option was Acqua Panna, which our cabin did not receive. 

Amazon sells Open Water.

20230509_223908.jpg

20230509_224332.jpg

My cabin last week had 2 Aqua Panna on the desk.  I like that water so I used it, knowing the cost.   My cabin attendant kept me in the water all week.  Weird that you didn’t have it (we were on same cruise). I didn’t like the taste of the can and I got disgusted at how people were using the water dispensers in the buffet.  

49 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

My cabin last week had 2 Aqua Panna on the desk.  I like that water so I used it, knowing the cost.   My cabin attendant kept me in the water all week.  Weird that you didn’t have it (we were on same cruise). I didn’t like the taste of the can and I got disgusted at how people were using the water dispensers in the buffet.  

I mentioned to our cabin stewards that we didn't have any bottled water - one replied "yeah we don't have enough and write down who got it." Since I could do ice/melted water, I just let it go.

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That’s crazy. 

Yep, especially since @slidergirl said she was on my ship and got it all week. I was very briefly annoyed when he said that then reminded myself I could make due w/the ice & water so long as I got it 2x day. So I spent water $$ on Vanilla Cappuccino!!

But it does highlight different experiences on the same ship, same dates, which is unfortunate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yep, especially since @slidergirl said she was on my ship and got it all week. I was very briefly annoyed when he said that then reminded myself I could make due w/the ice & water so long as I got it 2x day. So I spent water $$ on Vanilla Cappuccino!!

But it does highlight different experiences on the same ship, same dates, which is unfortunate. 

Really weird.  I didn’t ask to have it replaced as I could get a bottle down at the Ocean Bar.  But 2 big bottles were on my desk always when I got back to my cabin at the end of the day.  

1 hour ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Thanks for that link ! Filled it out. I can gauge my own food intake, but the water is a must, and I can't stomach the ship water.

I don’t have a problem with ship water but I do carry some of those single serving drink powders just to have something different, chilling it in the room cooler box promotes consumption too.  In the good old days I would order lemons for my room fruit bowl.  With HIA I squirrel away a bunch of Perrier 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 8:59 AM, ewildcat7 said:

Is this a new rule?  We did a cruise on HAL in 2019 and were allowed to bring 12 cans of unopened soda on board at the beginning of the cruise.  I also bought additional sodas from a grocery store during a port call and they had no problem with bringing them on board.

They let us do the same in Honolulu.  We brought Mountain Dew Zero aboard the ship. They were going to make us give it up, but I told them we already had the Coke beverage package so they aren't missing out on drink sales.

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2023 at 6:07 PM, slidergirl said:

HAL needs to get with the program and install some water bottle filling stations.  There were folks on the Eurodam last week who apparently couldn’t comprehend the instructions to not touch your bottle to the nozzle.  I was disgusted.  

Yep.  Best use a clean glass to fill a personal water bottle.  On another cruise line one of the buffet staff saw my SS water bottle on the table and offered to fill it for me.  I thought that was really nice.     

On 5/11/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mary229 said:

I don’t have a problem with ship water but I do carry some of those single serving drink powders just to have something different, chilling it in the room cooler box promotes consumption too.  In the good old days I would order lemons for my room fruit bowl.  With HIA I squirrel away a bunch of Perrier 

Kindred spirits.

18 hours ago, ldubs said:

Yep.  Best use a clean glass to fill a personal water bottle.  On another cruise line one of the buffet staff saw my SS water bottle on the table and offered to fill it for me.  I thought that was really nice.     

The sign to not use your bottle is pasted right on the water dispenser- how can people not notice???

• Like 1