Spa Raffle?

fabby50

Just booked my first Celebrity cruise - got the great solo sale price!  Wondering if Celebrity does a spa raffle on day one?  Thank you - looking forward to trying a new line for me, I'll probably have all sorts of dumb questions between now and November.

Thank you!  I have pre-booked for the first sea day because I know that's a popular treatment day, but since I'm not interested in the ports on this particular cruise, I am hoping I can get appointments for port days.  I know other lines offer discounts on those days, but free is even better 🙂  Maybe I can win something - 

Hi - hope you enjoy your first cruise on Celebrity.

I just looked through the Celebrity Today daily planner for a cruise we did in March. Didn't find any references to a Spa Raffle. If I recall correctly, the raffle draws a really large crowd in the gym, something probably not wanted these days.

There were some specials offered on port days. And on a Sea Day there was a Complimentary Women's Wellness Party. Description: Fun and interactive ladies only spa event. All attendees receive a complimentary eye, face, and neck skin treatment. Reservations only - space limited.

Guaranteed it will come with a hard push to purchase whatever product they are using.

Every Celebrity cruise I’ve been on has had a spa raffle.  It is USUALLY between 4 and 5 on sail away day.  A couple of times I’ve seen it held at an alternative time, and on our last cruise they held a second one.

You must usually be present to win.  If you go for a spa tour shortly after boarding, they will give you a ticket and tell you when to be there. 

I cringe thinking about spa treatments on ships (or anywhere not in Asia, really). The prices stress me out more than any 'relaxing' treatment could help with. 🙂

Having lived in Thailand, we enjoyed massages at least twice a week. And no, not the ones with "happy ending".

😎

And the biggest turn off getting treatments (raffle prices, or not) is the constant hard selling push of further treatments and "essential " lotions and potions. Or shampoos, conditioners and treatments.  Oh and expecting to slap on a tip on top of mega expensive treatments.

4 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

Every Celebrity cruise I’ve been on has had a spa raffle.  It is USUALLY between 4 and 5 on sail away day.  A couple of times I’ve seen it held at an alternative time, and on our last cruise they held a second one.

You must usually be present to win.  If you go for a spa tour shortly after boarding, they will give you a ticket and tell you when to be there. 

So that is why my DW drags me to the spa and then takes my ticket.

Thank you everyone!  I agree that cruise ship prices are high, but I live in a very small town and don't have the opportunity to indulge myself unless on vacation.  I also have found that if I write on the form they make you fill out before your treatment that I don't want to hear about or buy any products, I don't get any sale pitches, it does make it a much more pleasant way to end the experience.  If you pre-book, they add the tip when you book, so you get time to forget about the price before your voyage 🙂

• Like 3

Whenever we cruise we purchase a weekly pass for the Persian Gardens as soon as we board or immediately after we arrange our Specialty restaurant reservations. ( Let's leave that part out on this thread ).

They have always given us a ticket for the Spa Raffle , which we handed to the nearest person.

One day " You know who " had a massage -- by the time it was over my credit card was " massaged " pretty good !!

Also, everyday , they offer a Free 5 minute massage outside the Spa or near the pool ---- and, it's Guaranteed that :

" You need further treatments" for us to " correct "  etc etc.---- We have a " Special " on this cruise for only $519 plus 18% gratuity ".

And, they aren't " finished " with you-- Because " in order to etc etc and keep you feeling well" we can offer you a discount price of $ 327 on the " exclusive to Celebrity " products we used.

LOL-- Now----------- No so much then !!!!!

I have never experienced a hard sell for products on any X cruise. Maybe it's because I always say up front that I am not interested in buying anything. I only get massages when I have lots of OBC to burn, but I can say that the two massages I had on Equinox in May were among the very best I've ever had, on land or sea. Shout out to Yolanda and Stacey.

I didn’t bother with the spa for years.  The last few crises, we’ve had a LOT of OBC that was nonrefundable and the spa was a good place to spend it.  

I’ve had a couple of very good massages on board.  I’ve also started getting my vacation mani/pedi on board.  My salon doesn’t offer them, and the price  at the other spa in town is nearly as high as on the ship. P I don’t trust the “nail shops” in town to sanitize sufficiently.  The one on board is at least well sanitized.  Additionally, the foot massage that is part of the pedicure is usually very good, better than what is given in town.  

I simply pick a port day for a better price, and do a spa instead of an excursion.