Queen Elizabeth - 19th Sept 2022 - Alfie Boe

DaisyUK

Hi, I have heard that Alfie Boe is to perform on this cruise. There is no mention of it on the Cunard website, and I called Cunard yesterday to try and find out but Customer Services could not find any reference to him, so I guess it isn't happening. However, if  I google Alfie Boe and Cunard it comes up and also it was mentioned on a Cunard facebook page last month. As fans of Alfie, we would love to do this cruise if he is indeed performing. Any ideas as to how I could find out ?

• Host Hattie changed the title to Queen Elizabeth - 19th Sept 2022 - Alfie Boe
9 minutes ago, DaisyUK said:

Thank you Host Hattie - yes I had seen this, but when I called Cunard yesterday they knew nothing about it and didn't seem to have heard of him. All very mysterious..

It's a pity that you didn't take the name of the agent you spoke to, I would have got back to him/her with your confirmation, or passed constructive comments onto a supervisor .

It's time many of these Cunard Agents at head office took a course in Corporate Awareness, it's not the first time they have been unhelpful with customers questions.  Conflicting confusion over the recent health requirements needed before boarding, eg Vaccinations & LFT's etc ,  just to name a few.  🤷‍♂️    

I wouldn't say the agent was unhelpful. She spent quite a lot of time looking into it and found the references online, outside of the Cunard website, but couldn't find anything within the Cunard website. She kept me on hold while she asked someone else, but came back with nothing. I suspect it's not happening, because I would have thought Cunard would be promoting it, or at least have a mention on their website, in order to attract more passengers - there's still plenty of availability in QG for this sailing. 

4 minutes ago, carlmm said:

@DaisyUK, will you be on this cruise? If so, so might like to join us on the roll call.

Regarding Alfie Boe please ignore my German lack of knowledge - is he famous in the UK? A celebrity of any kind?

Never heard of him - suspect he's world famous in England! 

Edited by lissie

We are on the subsequent cruise, but if Alfie Boe is performing on this one, we might sign up for this one as well. He is a British tenor, famous for his rendition of Bring him Home from Les Miserables. He is a crossover singer, singing opera, rock, ballads, anything really. He's very talented and personable and I think he would give an amazing performance. This is a video of him performing at the Albert Hall in London 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jw4pBoD5RM
  • Like 1

we've seen Alfie a few names now, both on his own at Fleetwood  Town football ground (his home town) and with Michael Ball, another musical theatre star. Each concert has been absolutely brilliant. He has a very dry humour. Would love to be on that cruise! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

I wouldn't say the agent was unhelpful. She spent quite a lot of time looking into it and found the references online, outside of the Cunard website, but couldn't find anything within the Cunard website. She kept me on hold while she asked someone else, but came back with nothing. I suspect it's not happening, because I would have thought Cunard would be promoting it, or at least have a mention on their website, in order to attract more passengers - there's still plenty of availability in QG for this sailing. 

Had the Cunard Agent in question kept her eye on the Cunard 'Corporate Facebook page'  it's all there !

Been mentioned for several weeks.  

Just thought I'd report back after all your helpful input..

I tried again with Cunard because I also received the email mentioned in Blue Marble's post above, and spoke with an incredibly helpful agent this time, who found the info I needed and, sure enough, Alfie Boe is on this cruise. So, we have added this cruise to the subsequent one and can't wait!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

So, Alfie Boe indeed performed on board.

Like on this thread, there were those people, mainly British, who knew him well and even came just for him, and those, mainly from other countries, who never had heard of him before.

To accomodate everybody there were there shows over two nights, passengers were asked to attend only one but some went to all.

It was very energetic, maybe moe Vegas than West End. 

• Like 1